• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

End of Year Tour 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

daz

Was it phil kearns that got caught on microphone saying Inman looks like tarzan and plays like Jane? To be honest there's a couple of big hard running centres around and Inman has never delivered on talent so far.

Inman is still a young bloke learning the ropes. He surely has the physique and the intent of playing like a bash and smash 13, which means I will always have a soft spot for him.

Agree totally that we haven't seen anything just yet to make anyone think he is ready to step up. He does work hard, (and his second half of 2012 was pretty good), but he often gets all bent out of shape position-wise which means he is almost always flat when the ball comes his way.

I'm willing to allow that the inconsistent playing time of Cipriani, Beale and JOC (James O'Connor) did Inman no favours in understanding the Rebels structure, which is fine because in some games there just wasn't any.

He needs a rock solid year at the Rebels in 2013 before he comes into contention for higher honours, but I think he might be the real deal.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I wasn't a fan of how he huffed and puffed when he came back to the Shute Shield.
The better players don't need to gob off.
In any event he didn't even stamp himself as a grade above in the Shute Shield IMO.
He appears to me to be another big strong athlete rather than a "footballer".
I would be waiting for him to add value at Super level, before contemplating him as a possible Wobbly.

Hardtackle

Charlie Fox (21)
Fingers crossed Sharpie doesn't do a knee or anything in his swansong(s). It would be a pain in the hole to have to go through all the rehab etc after playing your last game.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Excellent. The upside is that there are about players available for interviews up to Podslam #118.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
All of these guys will really benefit from the time off.

I just think about Mortlock who had a fairly rubbish season in 2005 that was also plagued by injury.

There were very strong calls for Turinui to be the Wallabies outside centre.

He didn't go on the Wallabies spring tour that year and came back in career best form, and was Wallabies captain by years end.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Our reason for playing well in the NH tour is to avoid New Zealand in the RWC draw? [waylon mode activated]Harden up, belters![/waylon mode]

I don't care when we meet New Zealand - the bloody pool stages are fine. If we're too scared to play them, that's a bloody poor start. "Bring it on!" as my all-time favourite Wallaby Joe Roff used to say.
There's a lot of truth in this and we may as well face the fact that with the RWC chokers tag arguably gone the road to Bill will always run through the ABs.
Worrying about when hints at second or third being an outcome we will always settle for.
Gotta aim high.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
You guys should turn the telly on.

Those guys haven't played rugby in ages, Betham is currently playing and is in excellent form. He's brimming with confidence and you can see it in his play.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
I have been watching the guy but i would go Mafi or Mogg anyday its ITM cup both Mogg and Mafi have made the step up and showed they can mix it this guy is still to make that step up and show he can do they same things in super rugby he will get his chance next year its not Mafi and Moggs fault they cant show what they have ATM in a comp like the ITM.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
We'll probably need all 3 the way things are going.

But I'd be taking Mogg based on his Super Rugby form, and he's probably the only remaining member of the original Wallaby training squad left standing.

Yes, he's flawed. Needs to work on his defence and kicking accuracy. But with ball in hand he's very dynamic, incredible speed, and unlike most of our outside backs he's a rock under the high ball.

10 minutes off the bench against Italy is probably all we're talking about anyways.

troxler

Sydney Middleton (9)
So anyone having a guess at the players likely to tour, can we actually make a fit 35 man squad?.

Status
Not open for further replies.