• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

England to wear all black strip at rugby World Cup in New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Very cynical but I hate how we wear yellow, it stands out too much in the bottom of a ruck. Wish we had a dark colour like the Boks and ABs

S

Sweetmusicman

The England rugby team will wear an all black strip when they kick off their World Cup campaign against Argentina in New Zealand.

The decision to wear the new 'away' strip for their opening pool match in Dunedin on September 10 is certain to ruffle a few Kiwi feathers and could even spark a diplomatic row with the host nation before a ball has been kicked.

Both the shirt and the shorts of the new strip are jet ........

Full article is here;

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ru...-black-strip-rugby-World-Cup-New-Zealand.html

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
What's with all of England's blue, black and marmalade coloured away jersey bs.

Seeing as their primary jersey is white with some red it would make perfect sense to have their away jersey the other way around.

Perhaps a jersey that is a base of white with a big red cross on it would make sense, that is after all their flag and the red would stand out as it is the most noticeable colour to the human eye.

EDIT: Kind of like this but with the cross bigger and going the whole way through. Also red shorts and sleeves.

England-rugby-league-deje-001.jpg

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
If they had all red with. A bit of white would they not be pissing off wales? Its a no win

Yeah but away jerseys change each year and the WC is not in Wales. Also at least the red/cross of England would be culturally significant, the black is just nothing.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Yeah but away jerseys change each year and the WC is not in Wales. Also at least the red/cross of England would be culturally significant, the black is just nothing.

Black represents the hopes and dreams of the entire English squad and supporter base after there mixed with reality

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I think the only time they've ever worn it was against us IIRC. You'd think they'd want some more minutes in it after that inspired performance too.

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
The one we wore against you in November last year is apparently Anthracite not black.

I'm guessing the world cup one is darker and that is probably why their is a bit of controversy.

I might buy one if it looks good

Mank

Ted Thorn (20)
"The RFU have spoken to their NZRU counterparts, who indicated they have no objection."

If that's the case then I guess we can't really complain.

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
When would they actually wear it? Only team I can think of who might clash are the argies.

Possibly they're hoping to nail down the neutral support in a eng vs aus semi?

Bon

Ward Prentice (10)
Mmm! An Aussie Pom semi? The Poms could play nude or in tutus and they wouldn't get my support.

Status
Not open for further replies.