• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

England to wear all black strip at rugby World Cup in New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hardtackle

Charlie Fox (21)
hopefully they'll do a pom haka too. like to see 'em do a pantomime of a tea party, doffing the cap and a little buggery

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
hopefully they'll do a pom haka too. like to see 'em do a pantomime of a tea party, doffing the cap and a little buggery

Ask and you shall receive:

31017118.jpg

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
I always liked the real gold colour of the 80s type jerseys. I don't like the lemony coloured ones.

Rebel rouser

Ted Fahey (11)
I always liked the real gold colour of the 80s type jerseys. I don't like the lemony coloured ones.

Although I have no idea what relevance this has to the rest of the thread... I heartily agree!

The true gold also differentiated us from the other sporting codes. The current canary yellow and jersey with no collar does make it look suspiciously like a soccer jersey.

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Staff member
It was just pointed out to me on twitter, but look up the nz alternate strip. Have any poms complained?

401_2494_1180.jpg

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
How are home or away games chosen as part of the draw? Random in pool games, pool winners in quarters, random in semis/final?

drewprint

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
You know what, I don't have a problem with this at all. England will be wearing this dark jersey against other teams, not the All Blacks, so there will be zero level of confusion. New Zealand does not own the colour black. Stop being such sooks.

R

RugbyJason

I support two teams in Rugby. The Wallabies and who ever are playing England.

I hope Argentina stuff them and the NZ crowd let them know what they think

I agree with you 100% percent, I always take that stand. Expect I support NZ and any team who plays england ;)

V

villafella

Although I have no idea what relevance this has to the rest of the thread... I heartily agree!

The true gold also differentiated us from the other sporting codes. The current canary yellow and jersey with no collar does make it look suspiciously like a soccer jersey.
It's was more like orange! I have always liked the green and gold hoops we wore in a WC match against Romania.

G

gladiator

england is only trying to mislead a few of the drunken kiwi's in the stand to cheer for them , thinking their the all blacks .

Status
Not open for further replies.