• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

England v Australia - Twickenham, 14 Nov, 4:30am AEDT

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Eddie Jones being Eddie Jones....

Has anyone ever referenced Peyper as the standout ref in World Rugby?
Eddie's experimenting with his "next-generation" team at the moment, perhaps he's testing out next-gen mind games as well. Jaco has no control over the breakdown at the best of times. I suppose Eddie's thinking "good contest" = white jerseys flooding in from all directions, lying over the ball, pillars standing a metre offside.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Agreed... missing the experience and communication from the midfield.

There was a good example pointed out in the halftime break against Scotland, where we had a 5 on 2 overlap in our own half but instead we kicked the ball away.
It is almost at the point where someone has to threaten JOC (James O'Connor) with amputation if he kicks again with a full backline running in support.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Seemed pre-planned to me. I've seen other players do the same thing before under Rennie.

rodha

Dave Cowper (27)
I presume Petaia & Tupou will miss out. Really hoping Ala'alatoa is fine. Small squad makes replacements easy.

Keep the same team, Robertson on the bench for Tupou, Perese starts on the wing and Daugunu comes onto the bench. Pray for no more injuries.

edit: whoops sorry admins, I posted this in the general discussion area, could you please move it over to the match threads, cheers.
Paisami lacks the punch of Kerevi and missed a number of big shots in defence that others had to clean up for him. He does not have a good partnership with Ikitau - who has been consistently good all year. I would actually put Perese into 12, as I think he has the closest amount of punch to Kerevi, from that can build quick and front-foot ball allowing Ikitau, Kellaway, Valentini etc.. to run against a scrambling defence.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It is almost at the point where someone has to threaten JOC (James O'Connor) with amputation if he kicks again with a full backline running in support.

as was pointed out in the half time analysis, he needs better communication from his outside men. Len Ikitau was the player highlighted on this occasion. A quality player, but still lacking in decision making as we saw a few times in this game.

Reactions: dru

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
I fear we will lose the collisions against England and therefore go backwards in all other aspects of the game.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Does anyone give us any chance of beating the Poms this weekend? I know they're a side in transition, but they still have plenty of attacking weapons who I think are going to trouble us across the park.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
QC (Quade Cooper) played very flat and was good at bringing his forward runners into the game. No other Oz 5/8 has done this anywhere near as well.
JOC (James O'Connor) needs to do the same and play through the forwards up the middle before going wide.
I would start McDermott with him and move Perese to 13. If he remains on the wing then bring him in from the blindside often to truck up the ball.
Philip to replace Skelton on the bench. Hope that AA has 75 mins in him and that TT will return the following week.
Our scrum was suddenly under pressure in the last 2 tests, more so against Scotland? We really need the set piece to be on point this week.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Does anyone give us any chance of beating the Poms this weekend? I know they're a side in transition, but they still have plenty of attacking weapons who I think are going to trouble us across the park.
It will be a big task and dependant on our starting team selection. With the players we can draw from everyone will need to have their best game.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
After the game Rennie suggested TT seemed fine but that they would go through the protocols and make a decision later in the week. Hope thats still the plan and that Hoskins is there for live scrumming.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
I always give the Wallabies a chance.
Sometime reality bites. England has the potential to do that.

Rugby Head

Watty Friend (18)
Qwerty where did you hear Tupou has been ruled out? I'm expecting he will be but I can't see anything reported just yet
Still yet to see any official news saying he's out, fingers crossed he will be good to play. Would be a massive loss for us.