• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

England v Australia - Twickenham, 14 Nov, 4:30am AEDT

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
It's ironic that this is your view of JOC (James O'Connor)....

yet this is your view of Banks.

Like you, I'm happy to be proven wrong

Banks is solid all round and make little mistakes. I think currently the best fullback we have. Although, like JOC (James O'Connor) I don't think he's going to be first choice come RWC time.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I don’t disagree with that at all. I was very anti Tom after his first 17 lacklustre tests appearances but admit he was starting to grow into the role when he got injured. Like you I don’t think either are the answer in their respective positions, the irony was in the consecutive posts by Seb V, disputing the common view of one and then following it up with the same view of another. Not that there was anything wrong with that, I just thought it was funny. I think JOC (James O'Connor) is too slow for back 3 these days, and 13 also. His spot is 10 or 12 but he has to be good enough.

I agree with everything in this post, except for that part where you point out my hypocrisy.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
We lost our 2 tightheads, england lost their 2 looseheads.

Still disadvantaged as they kept their tightheads and we had to move our best loosehead.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Banks is solid all round and make little mistakes. I think currently the best fullback we have. Although, like JOC (James O'Connor) I don't think he's going to be first choice come RWC time.

I don't see any reason that Banks can't go through to RWC. All the same I'm completely OK if the role is overrun by someone better. Beale isn't it. Hodge might have had a chance but possibly not at this stage. Petaia is along shot unless he makes the slot his own in Super (and I think displacing Jock Campbell is not as easy as some think). Possibly a relocated Kellaway, though as good as he is, I'd prefer he stuck to wing.

JOC (James O'Connor) has an obvious understudy along with others who may displace that understudy.

Two different situations in my opinion.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I don't see any reason that Banks can't go through to RWC. All the same I'm completely OK if the role is overrun by someone better. Beale isn't it. Hodge might have had a chance but possibly not at this stage. Petaia is along shot unless he makes the slot his own in Super (and I think displacing Jock Campbell is not as easy as some think). Possibly a relocated Kellaway, though as good as he is, I'd prefer he stuck to wing.

JOC (James O'Connor) has an obvious understudy along with others who may displace that understudy.

I wonder if Jock would be any worse than any of our other options.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Ellis Genge ruled out with COVID.

Sorry England, we don't have any props to lend you.
Whats the Covid protocol? Surely more than 2 have it if they’ve all been training together, and now we’re all going to have it for the Wales game?

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Jock is a good player and has a good turn of speed. He is a little small for a test fullback.
Like every position, someone needs to put their hand up and claim the spot.
Valentini has done it this year as has Kellaway. Cooper and Kerevi have shown that they are the best available in their positions. No-one has fully taken their opportunity at fullback

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

Always happy to see an upgrade, I would just like to actually see one

Kellaway at the moment is the 14/15 we need, provided the other wing can provide the angry go forward we need ie balance

This game we have no one in the back three with the ability to carry two or three over the advantage line and then provide us that front foot ball.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Not enough likes.
Ollie Hoskins was supporters player for last season at London Irish and hopefully is our fans wallaby player as to think our scrum was dominated by Scotland is a concern as can’t see Scotland dominating a English scrum. Hence you can see why they called on Hoskins rather then Pone.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Ollie Hoskins was supporters player for last season at London Irish and hopefully is our fans wallaby player as to think our scrum was dominated by Scotland is a concern as can’t see Scotland dominating a English scrum. Hence you can see why they called on Hoskins rather then Pone.

Our scrum was dominated by Poite, not Scotland.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Bugger missed the first 20, was watching ABs test and listening to interviews etc! Personally thought that was a good call by Peyper on Wright just a YC, he definitely never went low, but was just stopped etc and didn't go in with force.

Don't watch Stan boys!! They showing AB's score!!!