• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

England v Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTabua

Larry Dwyer (12)
A performance worthy of a team that lacks composure, leadership and true "die for your mate" culture all because we have a coach unwilling to let go of an evidently average captain and a bloke who frankly brings SHIT FUCKING ALL to the team besides his behavioural baggage.

We won't be successful and will turn out this tripe as long as we allow our yellow jersey to be disgraced by idiots who have had 45 second chances and then have their sexist bullying supported by their mates and the captain with complete disregard for the coaches position and public opinion.

This whole thing stinks and my god we have Two chances of winning the World Cup next year: Buckley's and none, unless we wake up and revolutionise the way these factional state allegiances have ruined our great team. And that starts with a clean out of the arseholes at the very top of management who are apparently still 12 year olds fighting over who should get more of the pie.

So utterly devoid of any passion or love for the wallabies at the moment, what a sad day it is for Australian rugby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think you are wrong on pretty much all your points.

Good luck to you.

Any reasonable person would present a case in opposite of what you have just presented.

The 'wonderful' thing about social media is that your views are exposed to others.

Some may doubt the benefit of the general populace espousing their opinions :)

Benevolent dictatorship anyone?

MrTabua

Larry Dwyer (12)
Another lesson we could take from tonight was in relation to mauling. The more the shape of a pack's maul resembles a set scrum the more efficient and effective it will be. In this respect the England maul was exemplary. By contrast the Australian forwards were splintered and dangling around the fringe of the maul.

Not the sort of thing you concern yourself with when your focus is on smart, creative, attacking Pulverising rugby.

I really dislike your comments re Pulverisation. Do you think Bill plans the Wallabies mauling training? Seriously. Come on.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Anyway, I don't like the sound of this Peter Harding bloke. So Pulver was pulling his strings like a marionette behind Robbie's back all the while, and on JON's watch?
I don't spend a lot of my time defending Bill Pulver but he certainly wasn't involved in 2008.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Is NRL interested in putting their money into the Union? We are lost

We don't have money, we don't have top class props, we don't have top class locks. Our cousins ​​of black jersey are becoming stronger every year, I see no short-term solution

MrTabua

Larry Dwyer (12)
Is NRL interested in putting their money into the Union? We are lost

We don't have money, we don't have top class props, we don't have top class locks. Our cousins ​​of black jersey are becoming stronger every year, I see no short-term solution
and yet 'we' somehow win Super Rugby 2014. Chin up.

Benaud

Tom Lawton (22)
I think the dominance of League in Australia has an awful lot to do with our inability to scrummage. I'd be surprised if it changes in the next decade.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I can seriously envision the ARU relaxing their eligibility next year in 'exceptional circumstances' (i.e. bolstering our powderpuff pack) especially if we are struck with numerable injuries in the tight five like this year.

God, Allah, Krishnu - whoever - help us if Slipper, Kepu, Moore, TPN, FTS, Simmons are injured come next year.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
I don't spend a lot of my time defending Bill Pulver but he certainly wasn't involved in 2008.
Exactly. :)

Even now, as CEO, he has SFA to do with S&C.

So why mention him when the issue is long standing, existed before he arrived, and is under the purview of others?

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
and yet 'we' somehow win Super Rugby 2014. Chin up.

This tour has shown that Super Rugby level is several steps below the international level.

Look at Kurtley Beale, he has been fabulous in Super Rugby. However at the international level seems a rookie.

Super Rugby will continue to decline if many players are going to play overseas. If the sport continues to decline in popularity in Australia, increasingly there will be less money.

The only magic solution is to win a World Cup with the last drops of top class rugby left in Australia

WC 2015 or WC 2019. If it doesn't, we will be the new Scotland, a country that has given up rugby and is humiliated every year at international level

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
1. Slipper 2. Moore 3. Kepu 4. Fardy 5. Horwill 6. Higganbotham 7. Pocock 8. Palu 9. Genia 10. Cooper 11. O'Connor 12. To'omua 13. Kuridrani 14. Speight
15. Folau

16. Polota-Nau 17. Sio 18. Robinson 19. Skelton 20. Hooper 21. Phipps 22. Beale 23. Hunt

i think that if all the players in that team were performing eg. Horwill 2011 and Beale 2010 we could win the world cup.

We still got a bit of class left in us and im not going to sit here and act like we are fucked forever. We can do it, and im sure cheika and the boys will give it their best next year.

and being a bit more realistic, i dont think it could really get any worse.....

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
10403611_988513351162511_2833433722058032054_n.jpg

On a positive note from a sportsmanship perspective. I posted a photo before of the Wallabies putting a bat out for Phil Hughes. It was very pleasing to see other nations do this, and not just in rugby. Just thought I'd share it for those who haven't seen.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
1. Slipper 2. Moore 3. Kepu 4. Fardy 5. Horwill 6. Higganbotham 7. Pocock 8. Palu 9. Genia 10. Cooper 11. O'Connor 12. To'omua 13. Kuridrani 14. Speight
15. Folau

16. Polota-Nau 17. Sio 18. Robinson 19. Skelton 20. Hooper 21. Phipps 22. Beale 23. Hunt

i think that if all the players in that team were performing eg. Horwill 2011 and Beale 2010 we could win the world cup.

We still got a bit of class left in us and im not going to sit here and act like we are fucked forever. We can do it, and im sure cheika and the boys will give it their best next year.

and being a bit more realistic, i dont think it could really get any worse...

You have to be realistic, this is not soccer, this is rugby. And injuries are something that exists in rugby more than any other sport.

For months we plan fantasy teams that never play a f*cking game.

This year the injuries were for hookers. Last year the injuries were for the backrow.

Palu out
Fardy out
McCabe out
Higginbotham out
Kuridrani out

That team that you named has never played a game and never will. The depth is very important in this sport. Unless that you propose a break of six months for all Wallabies, that won't happen.

How often wallabies have the perfect starting XV? Never!

This is a more realistic team, considering injuries:

1 Slipper
2 Fainga'a
3 Alexander
4 Simmons
5 Horwill
6 Fardy
7 Hooper
8 McCalman
9 Genia
10 Cooper
11 Horne
12 Leali'ifano
13 Kuridrani
14 AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
15 Folau

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
You have to be realistic, this is not soccer, this is rugby. And injuries are something that exists in rugby more than any other sport.

For months we plan fantasy teams that never play a f*cking game.

This year the injuries were for hookers. Last year the injuries were for the backrow.

Palu out
Fardy out
McCabe out
Higginbotham out
Kuridrani out

That team that you named has never played a game and never will. The depth is very important in this sport. Unless that you propose a break of six months for all Wallabies, that won't happen.

How often wallabies have the perfect starting XV? Never!

This is a more realistic team, considering injuries:

1 Slipper
2 Fainga'a
3 Alexander
4 Simmons
5 Horwill
6 Fardy
7 Hooper
8 McCalman
9 Genia
10 Cooper
11 Horne
12 Leali'ifano
13 Kuridrani
14 AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
15 Folau

Yep, and that team wont win a world cup, and Lealiifano wont be there over To'omua, who i dont believe is injury prone.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Pretty piss poor. This has to be the worst ref going around at the moment. I don't know how he thinks a team can hold the ball at the back of a maul forever and not get called to use the ball. Wallabies definafly the better team. Just couldn't finish. England play that boring style and it works. Win a penalty from a scrum. Maul the ball down field and kick a penalty. Great stuff.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Another lesson we could take from tonight was in relation to mauling. The more the shape of a pack's maul resembles a set scrum the more efficient and effective it will be. In this respect the England maul was exemplary. By contrast the Australian forwards were splintered and dangling around the fringe of the maul.

Not the sort of thing you concern yourself with when your focus is on smart, creative, attacking Pulverising rugby.
I thought england had multiple stagnent moments at the back of the maul. For some reason we're not told to use it. Played the ref well its a shame we couldn't do it.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
A performance worthy of a team that lacks composure, leadership and true "die for your mate" culture all because we have a coach unwilling to let go of an evidently average captain and a bloke who frankly brings SHIT FUCKING ALL to the team besides his behavioural baggage.

Wow. Just wow. Why don't you show some respect for our players in adversity, you know-nothing, bravely anonymous prima donna? Frankly I think that's the most disgusting post I've ever read on here.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Quade, tamooa, dog, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) had great games. I don't understand all the doom and gloom. We could of won that game comfortably if not for a couple of bad passes and ball handling. We created all the chances but didn't finish. It's far from doom and gloom. We got smashed upfront and still should of won.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Pretty piss poor. This has to be the worst ref going around at the moment. I don't know how he thinks a team can hold the ball at the back of a maul forever and not get called to use the ball. Wallabies definafly the better team. Just couldn't finish. England play that boring style and it works. Win a penalty from a scrum. Maul the ball down field and kick a penalty. Great stuff.
What does it say about us that we lost even though we made the majority of the play, and England 'barely played' (the set-pieces excepted)?

Your incessant blaming of the ref is exhausting as well, especially when you don't even know the laws involving the maul

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
^^^

I am surprised you have Leali'ifano at 12. I thought To'omua was pretty good for you today. Probably your stand out player for me

I said: "Considering injuries..."

So I didn't picked the best team, I picked a team with several players injured

Status
Not open for further replies.