• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

England v New Zealand @ Twickenham

Status
Not open for further replies.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
images

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^ it could be worse: instead of appropriating someone else's traditional colour they could treat an Empire/ Commonwealth award for valour as if it belonged to them alone. Hang on..........

image.jpg

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
No it's ok guys, he's just rating the NZ players on 2013 form, not 2014.

Says Kieran Read is the best NZ player of this year but only rates Retallick 7/10.

Muppet.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
What are the odds that the most seemingly balanced, sensible head to head comparison is the scrumhalves (the only position he played and likely has a clue about)

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
No it's ok guys, he's just rating the NZ players on 2013 form, not 2014.

Says Kieran Read is the best NZ player of this year but only rates Retallick 7/10.

Muppet.

The fact he claims not to have seen much of Crockett is a bit of a giveaway, too.

The All Blacks are going to murder these blokes. They will get parity at worst in the pigs and bitch slap the Poms out wide.

Hope you're right but I'll stick with my 8-12.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
If the Wallabies were to adopt this, there would be a few Gaggerlanders who would be happy.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/rugby/news/article.cfm?c_id=80&objectid=11355210
All Blacks agree to pull up their socks - at least during national anthems

In a move which will bring joy to New Zealand rugby traditionalists and those with a liking for the neat and tidy, the All Blacks have agreed to pull their socks up - but only during pre-test national anthems.
Still, the agreement by the players to adhere to the request by management is seen as a major breakthrough by those close to the team.
The New Zealand Rugby Union has for years received dozens of complaints after test matches due to All Blacks wearing their socks around their ankles rather than just below their knees. Of the current team, fullback Israel Dagg, halfback TJ Perenara and prop Owen Franks are among the worst "offenders".

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
What are the odds that the most seemingly balanced, sensible head to head comparison is the scrumhalves (the only position he played and likely has a clue about)

His commentary on Smith doesn't even mention Smith's speed of vision and speed of passing, which are the two characteristics that make him a cut above everyone else.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member

Healey knows SFA about forwards - you can judge that from his inane remarks about them in commentary.

Ben Kay who sometimes is co-commentator with him would have made a better assessment.

I would not be surprised if Retallick is named international player of the year after their EOYT.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Kiwis snuck home 16-14 v England in the league 4N, I'm taking that as an omen for tonight's game. Also I can now see why Taumololo gets mentioned on the "League players who could make the switch" thread, the guy's as hard as Jerome Kaino but with SBW's footwork & ability to offload. Would absolutely fucking kill it in our game, just hoping that if he does switch it's for NZ & not you guys.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I'm scheduling all my games to record tonight and can't find this one. I assume the pricks are only showing it on setanta?

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
England attacking well and unlucky not to have a couple of tries.

ABs with a good hit back and try. Read and Kaino operating out wide to get us go forward.

8-5 England.

Status
Not open for further replies.