• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

EOYT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Cheika wearing track suit to the games while the rested players are dressed in suits is also making some sort of statement. I suspect to Beale it will say it's all right to wear any old thing on an aeroplane.

In any case, I vehemently disagree with Cheika's assessment of Beale being in the top 33 in the country. I don't have to justify my view of Beale, but Cheika certainly does if it goes to shit which given time I expect it will.
Really?
There is some crap being spouted on this thread, but really? FFS.

monique

Frank Row (1)
Hi
I come onto this forum so that I can learn more about rugby so that I can have a discussion with my husband. Yes I read all the articles posted on Twitter but come on here to hear many points of view. You may wonder why the heck doesn't he go down to the pub and talk rugby to his mates? Well we live remotely the nearest person being about 1.5 hours away, so he's stuck with me.
I would just ask that you stick to discussing rugby. I would defy any of you to not have made a big mistake in your life and thankfully found someone with forgiveness in their hearts to allow you to move on. Michael Cheika is an incredible man speaks multiple languages so must have an idea about managing people. So let's give him the benefit of the doubt, support our Wallabies, let KB (Kurtley Beale) prove himself on the field, know there is always 2 sides to every story and continue to post your wonderful thoughts on rugby only so I can continue to learn about the best game in the world.
Oh by the way croissants and champagne on the deck tomorrow when we beat the French!

Tah and feathered

Watty Friend (18)
Cheika wearing track suit to the games while the rested players are dressed in suits is also making some sort of statement. I suspect to Beale it will say it's all right to wear any old thing on an aeroplane.

In any case, I vehemently disagree with Cheika's assessment of Beale being in the top 33 in the country. I don't have to justify my view of Beale, but Cheika certainly does if it goes to shit which given time I expect it will.
Need Di Patterson to tell cheika to change his top.

T

Train Without a Station

Hi
I come onto this forum so that I can learn more about rugby so that I can have a discussion with my husband. Yes I read all the articles posted on Twitter but come on here to hear many points of view. You may wonder why the heck doesn't he go down to the pub and talk rugby to his mates? Well we live remotely the nearest person being about 1.5 hours away, so he's stuck with me.
I would just ask that you stick to discussing rugby. I would defy any of you to not have made a big mistake in your life and thankfully found someone with forgiveness in their hearts to allow you to move on. Michael Cheika is an incredible man speaks multiple languages so must have an idea about managing people. So let's give him the benefit of the doubt, support our Wallabies, let KB (Kurtley Beale) prove himself on the field, know there is always 2 sides to every story and continue to post your wonderful thoughts on rugby only so I can continue to learn about the best game in the world.
Oh by the way croissants and champagne on the deck tomorrow when we beat the French!

Monique thanks for joining.

The outrage isn't over a man making a single mistake.

It's from a man that has been involved in repeated issues. 2 of these involving assault, then this. Then there is his lack of professionalism that saw his weight balloon to unacceptable levels for a professional athlete in 2009 and 2012. Then there is the fact that during the incidents of alleged assault in 2010 and 2013 he was drinking, one of the biggest impediments to recovery, whilst recovering from injury.

All in all it's shown a trend of lack of character and professionalism.

Make no mistake, this is not about people jumping on a guy who did a bad thing once.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
1) Independent tribunal let by district court judge deems a fine as necessary punishment
2) ARU confirms that Beale is clear to tour after paying said fine
3) Chieka leaves Beale out of squad, saying he needs to regain fitness and work on his mental health
4) Beale stays in Sydney and undergoes intense training to get back in shape
5) Chieka is informed (presumably by Hayden Masters) that Beale is fit to join the tour
6) Beale joins tour

Point 2 above seems the critical one to me, Beale was available for selection, Cheik erred on the side of player welfare and left him out, but now thinks he's ready to join.
He wasn't available for selection till after the squad was selected.

I've said it earlier if he wasn't a mate he'd been left in Oz. But such is life.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
OK guys, I get the gist..but you missed the 'all things being equal bit'..Hunt hasn't played yet, the Badger is unlikely to be released by the Japs, and the five I mentioned if fit aren't likely to be ousted by either Joe Tomane or Rob Horne..ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL!!
Fuck right now Tomane and Rob Horne are 2 and 3 in the team. But I understand your actual point

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Anyway.. when/if Beale comes into the team it'll certainly be interesting where he gets played. One would assume the bench and is he destined to take Cooper's role or could he fit onto a bench with Cooper? Wouldn't surprise me if the latter is the case which gives us a back-up to Folau if heaven-forbid we ever needed it. Cooper/Beale would be some serious headaches for the opposition late in a game.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Top 33 in australia - maybe.
Top two in his position - no.
Therein lies the problem.
What more do I want? A no dickheads policy and a clear signal that there is a selection consequence for bad behaviour, even if theres not a contractual one.
What counts as a no dickheads policy? I seriously couldn't care less if Michael Hooper, as a wild example, is a genuinely shit bloke as long as he keeps delivering on the field.

The idea of the sainted All Blacks is an absolute myth. They can say no dickheads all they like, but as long as you can deliver on the park you're good to go.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Anyway.. when/if Beale comes into the team it'll certainly be interesting where he gets played. One would assume the bench and is he destined to take Cooper's role or could he fit onto a bench with Cooper? Wouldn't surprise me if the latter is the case which gives us a back-up to Folau if heaven-forbid we ever needed it. Cooper/Beale would be some serious headaches for the opposition late in a game.

you are on the money with the latter there I reckon

monique

Frank Row (1)
Thank you Train Without a Station and yes i see your point of view. But i am a mother of 4 boys and a wife to a husband i wont go there, but played second row . What mistakes littered all their lives. However I don't really care honestly what young men foolishly do and yes the Wallaby guernsey should carry pride with it, and I agree. My son in law is a Kiwi i know about honouring a guernsey but I am hungry for info how our second rowers are letting down our props and what can be done. Things like that.

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
Nonsense.

Julian Savea, convicted of domestic abuse. Sitiveni Sivivatu, convicted of domestic abuse. Piri Weepu, Jimmy Cowan, Jerome Kaino all had alcohol related incidents. Dane Coles abused a policeman. Adam Thomson was charged with assualting his girlfriend. All the Zac Guildford stuff.., and this is just off the top of my head.

How wrong I was. See this thread for the All Black hall of shame!

http://nzrugbybadboys.blogspot.com.au/2013/01/all-black-hall-of-shame.html

Happy to admit I was wrong. There are some serious fuck ups in there.

Although it is interesting to note that I can't see anyone with the resume of Kurtley, perhaps Guilford, but he, like JOC (James O'Connor), had his contract torn up.

I still think this comes back to the repeated infringements of Beale and how I think there needs to be serious consequences not just for the benefit of the team but for him as a person...

Apologies Dumbledore, you are evidently all knowing.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Thank you Train Without a Station and yes i see your point of view. But i am a mother of 4 boys and a wife to a husband i wont go there, but played second row . What mistakes littered all their lives. However I don't really care honestly what young men foolishly do and yes the Wallaby guernsey should carry pride with it, and I agree. My son in law is a Kiwi i know about honouring a guernsey but I am hungry for info how our second rowers are letting down our props and what can be done. Things like that.

Monique if you look back through the Wallabies game threads you will come across mountains of points of views on that!

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
How wrong I was. See this thread for the All Black hall of shame!

http://nzrugbybadboys.blogspot.com.au/2013/01/all-black-hall-of-shame.html

Happy to admit I was wrong. There are some serious fuck ups in there.

Although it is interesting to note that I can't see anyone with the resume of Kurtley, perhaps Guilford, but he, like JOC (James O'Connor), had his contract torn up.

I still think this comes back to the repeated infringements of Beale and how I think there needs to be serious consequences not just for the benefit of the team but for him as a person.

Apologies Dumbledore, you are evidently all knowing.
That is some amazing reading. How much hasn't been reported?

monique

Frank Row (1)
That is some amazing reading. How much hasn't been reported?
Thanks for that.
Husband thinks need to take some big boys out of bush and grow them up as props (note not second rowers fault) rugby league on please don't let Kiwis beat us at league, couldnt cope.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Really?
There is some crap being spouted on this thread, but really? FFS.

Mr Mod Cyclo

Can you and your learned moderators-in-arms please consider some sort of "class action Rule 10" on the subject of Mr Beale, Messrs Hawker/BillyPoo and TGC's right to select any player who is available?

I have just been in hospital to have my gall bladder removed. I am sad to have to report that the smell of this thread makes my excised gallbladder and its contents smell "as sweet as".

I have tried to avoid involvement in this matter and am becoming very irritated by the never-ending angst, much of which appears to divide along geographical lines. My one comment is that I thought two fines of AUD 48,000 meant two fines totalling AUD 48,000. To others on this board, especially those with certain postcodes, two fines totalling AUD 48,000 means two fines of AUD 48,000 plus a hanging, followed by some tar and feathers and a life ban". There will never be any agreement.

The thread is crap. It stinks. Those responsible should be utterly ashamed.

Can something be done, please?

Thanks in rugby

Biff

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
What counts as a no dickheads policy? I seriously couldn't care less if Michael Hooper, as a wild example, is a genuinely shit bloke as long as he keeps delivering on the field.

The idea of the sainted All Blacks is an absolute myth. They can say no dickheads all they like, but as long as you can deliver on the park you're good to go.

In my experience, in every team I've been involved with, having a massive dickhead or a number of average dickheads in the group always affects the performance of the group.
Sometimes the group performs despite the dickheads but this is the exception, not the rule. The long term pattern is one of inconsistency and mixed results.

Status
Not open for further replies.