• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Expanded Rugby Championship

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I think it's a far better structure. Alongside one winner takes all Bledisloe game. Each and every game is do or die. Adds a lot more to the theatre of it.

Couldn't agree more WCR though I suspect the $ might be the reason, unfortunately the players may want paying and a test in Fiji won't cover many costs I suspect. Still we can hope!

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
When Aus held Bledisloe:

"Let's expand it to 3 matches so those kiwi pricks never win it back."
--Jon O'Neill

Australia lose the Bledisloe Cup.

"Let's make the Bled a one-off test again."
--GAGR.

giphy.gif

TheNude

Peter Burge (5)
I don't mind either a 6N style series or 2 games H&A.

The thing I'd change is mixing up the playing order so that the first game wasn't always the All Blacks. I understand why it was done back in the day but on recent performance non-rusted on fans seem to switch off rugby after our inevitable loss. Getting some good games under our belts may help maintain interest levels or allow us to build momentum as a team.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
I don't mind either a 6N style series or 2 games H&A.

The thing I'd change is mixing up the playing order so that the first game wasn't always the All Blacks. I understand why it was done back in the day but on recent performance non-rusted on fans seem to switch off rugby after our inevitable loss. Getting some good games under our belts may help maintain interest levels or allow us to build momentum as a team.

If it had to be a set game I'd actually prefer it to be the last game in the series.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Remember there was that one year with 4 Bledisloe matches, now that was overkill.

I'm happy with 1 or 3.

Uh huh

Alfred Walker (16)
What about making the Bledisloe like the Ranfurly Shield; whereby you have to win on foreign ground to take it home? I mean, obviously it means we'll literally never win it again, but that's true with the two game schedule anyway, and at least it would get the Kiwis to agree to the Six-Nations-style single round model.

footy1>31

Ted Thorn (20)
The Bledisloe cup format isn’t changing, from commercial perspective for RA it’s the biggest draw card and the one fixture that consistently brings in the biggest crowd. Expect it will remain 3 tests against ABs, and one test against RSA, Arg, Fiji. Unlikely idea is for an extended RC that has two ‘divisions’ where Aus, NZ, RSA play each other twice and the others once, with the others playing twice. Could replace the discarded June series (although NH teams do get big crowds).

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
The Bledisloe cup format isn’t changing, from commercial perspective for RA it’s the biggest draw card and the one fixture that consistently brings in the biggest crowd. Expect it will remain 3 tests against ABs, and one test against RSA, Arg, Fiji. Unlikely idea is for an extended RC that has two ‘divisions’ where Aus, NZ, RSA play each other twice and the others once, with the others playing twice. Could replace the discarded June series (although NH teams do get big crowds).
That sounds awful.