• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

F*CK! IF YOU LOVE THE QLD REDS POST HERE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chief

Although the lack of tries scored, it was so intense. The Reds thoroughly deserved to win, not only to win but they deserve a lot of them to be wearing the Wallaby jumper for the Rugby World Cup. The backline that played tonight was very good, although there are still a few tweaks to amend here and there, they are still the backline of the tournament so far.

Can I also say, being at a vocal reds crowd was fantastic, it was so incredibly intense, but not to mention vocal. Hearing us all shout was fantastic, and there was even a mexican wave going around, a first at Suncorp for a Reds game. Here's to QLD and Australian Rugby.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
chief said:
Although the lack of tries scored, it was so intense. The Reds thoroughly deserved to win, not only to win but they deserve a lot of them to be wearing the Wallaby jumper for the Rugby World Cup. The backline that played tonight was very good, although there are still a few tweaks to amend here and there, they are still the backline of the tournament so far.

Can I also say, being at a vocal reds crowd was fantastic, it was so incredibly intense, but not to mention vocal. Hearing us all shout was fantastic, and there was even a mexican wave going around, a first at Suncorp for a Reds game. Here's to QLD and Australian Rugby.

I thought that was really excellent. Something we haven't heard (at that intensity) for too long.

BTW, I am not Eddie.

D

daz

My throat is bleeding, my TV has beer stains and my neighbours are not happy, but who gives a shit?

Up until tonight I was excited by the potential; the flash, the entertainment, the thrill of not knowing what was going to happen next. Up until tonight, I was pretty happy to at least see the Reds have a crack and take whatever outcome with a grain of salt, safe in the knowledge that we were at least moving forward. Up until tonight.

Tonight, I became a believer.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
daz said:
My throat is bleeding, my TV has beer stains and my neighbours are not happy, but who gives a shit?

Up until tonight I was excited by the potential; the flash, the entertainment, the thrill of not knowing what was going to happen next. Up until tonight, I was pretty happy to at least see the Reds have a crack and take whatever outcome with a grain of salt, safe in the knowledge that we were at least moving forward. Up until tonight.

Tonight, I became a believer.
Welcome to the House of Genia. Hallowed be his name.

T

TOCC

it was a fantastic game to be at..

fans of other teams probably wont understand, but that was the best reds performance i have seen in 6 or 7 years

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
We've been crap for a long time. The season tickets are finally worth the price I've been paying for them.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
A belter of a game! Just glad I was there.

The beleif in the Reds camp is unbelievable! However the season goes from here it really doesn't matter. That was a win for the ages.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Noddy said:
waratahjesus said:
great game, well done guys, great season, pity you didnt beat the tahs though
wow we have a shit season and beat the tahs and we get mocked. We then have a great season, lose to the tahs and still get mocked. We can't win I tellsya. ;)

A lot of the problems you allude to here are self-inflicted, Nodster.

Well done, Reds, bloody well done. Proud to call you Aussies. Cop that, Pete.

rsea

Darby Loudon (17)
I'm first and foremost a Tahs supporter but its hard not to love the cohesion the Reds are playing with atm. Granted the Tahs are winning, but as usual they're winning ugly. I'd love to see the The Tahs play with the confidence through the backs the Reds have.

Unbelieveable Rugby from a team I'd written off from before the 1st game

S

Spook

Just great rugby from the Reds. Hats off to them. I can't wait to see these boys playing for the Ws.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
TOCC said:
fans of other teams probably wont understand

Yeah because we don't support rugby teams ::)

What is this self-obsession you banana benders have over yourselves? Don't you think we felt exactly the same when the Tahs started to make the finals under Link? What about the Force fans when David Hill knocked over that goal after a winless trot that is about the worst in Australian Rugby?

Get over it.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
I'd like to take part in this discussion, but I just don't understand it

S

Spook

Gagger said:
I'd like to take part in this discussion, but I just don't understand it

Maaaate, crack open a XXXX, grow a mullet, buy a HQ, put blonde highlights in your hair and call yourself Wayne. At that point, you'll be hit by the Queenslander epiphany.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
As much as I hate to bring it up, EVER, but at least QLDers have a couple of Super 6/10 titles to remember. Us Tah supporters have NOTHING. I'm not sure a non-Tah supporter knows how it would feel to have them win the Super 14. I love following the Wallabies, but a Super 14 win would mean more to me than a RWC.

And let me say that I was on the edge of my seat supporting the Reds last night, even without thinking about how it might affect my beloved Tahs.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
It was good for the Tahs overall, but I can't help but think Will Genia is just going through the motions. He looks pretty bored here...

redsvBulls6-420x0.jpg

:)

S

Spook

Scarfman said:
I love following the Wallabies, but a Super 14 win would mean more to me than a RWC.

Scarfy, NOOOOOOOO. :eek: Having seen my side win 2 Super Rugby titles (and having been present at one of these which featured an invasion of the pitch), I can assure you that a RWC is far superior and would do more for the game.

C

chief

Yeah Scarfie, I have to agree, I would certainly rather, a RWC then any Australian Super Rugby team a title. Any S14 team.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Nope - we want... NEED everyone to shut up about how we're the most powerful* state in Australia and haven't won jack.

* Roughly defined as: Best access to playing talent with administration incapable of scratching their own arses.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Reds 28 - 30 Waratahs

Just sayin....

also no team has ever won the tri-nations and word cup in the same year

T

TOCC

NTA said:
TOCC said:
fans of other teams probably wont understand

Yeah because we don't support rugby teams ::)

What is this self-obsession you banana benders have over yourselves? Don't you think we felt exactly the same when the Tahs started to make the finals under Link? What about the Force fans when David Hill knocked over that goal after a winless trot that is about the worst in Australian Rugby?

Get over it.

you just proved my point...

Its not purely about the finals, its also about everything thats gone on for the last 8 years, wooden spoons, star players defecting, stalwarts retiring, bankruptcies.. the list goes on

Status
Not open for further replies.