• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Fantasy Super Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayRay

Frank Row (1)
I've added a public league to Fantasy Rugby Draft called

GREEN & GOLD RUGBY

I've set the draft date/time for the 2nd of Feb at 6pm Eastern Australian as a starter for 10.

Good luck!

HSM

Allen Oxlade (6)
Anyone else still doing the Fox Sports comp? Perhaps we should have separate threads. It has its flaws, but last year I found it provided a lot of entertainment for a small time commitment. And enjoyed the banter on here.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Anyone else still doing the Fox Sports comp? Perhaps we should have separate threads. It has its flaws, but last year I found it provided a lot of entertainment for a small time commitment. And enjoyed the banter on here.

First post mate.

Reactions: HSM

HSM

Allen Oxlade (6)
Yeah I saw, but was just trying to gauge interest/whether there should be separate threads for separate comps. I guess we'll see, still three weeks to go.

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
Yeah I saw, but was just trying to gauge interest/whether there should be separate threads for separate comps. I guess we'll see, still three weeks to go.

I honestly believe the banter of the fox sports fantasy will drown out the niche "fantasyrugbydraft" once the season kicks off.

Foxsports has 1000s upon 1000s of participants with 100s or 100s here on GAGR participating. the fantasyrugbydraft will only have a handful for participants from GAGR.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Could someone give a rundown on how the draft works please? I read the how to page and am still unclear about how exactly it differs and works.

Trajan

Allen Oxlade (6)
In Fox Fantasy stay away from Bull's locks. Victor Maitland has not been added yet and he will be playing albeit reduced minutes in some games.

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
Could someone give a rundown on how the draft works please? I read the how to page and am still unclear about how exactly it differs and works.

Only 1 Quade Cooper per league. Only 1 James Slipper per league. Only 1 Folau per league etc.

basically a draft works by a predetermined order (usually snakes) if you have the 1st pick in a 10 teamer then you pick 10th in 2nd round & 1st in 3rd round. (if you picked 3rd in Round 1 you'd pick 8th in round 2 & then 3rd in Round 3)

There's usually a clock (60 seconds) where you have that amount of time to make your selection.

Obviously with 10 fantasy teams a league & 15 super rugby teams youre going to have a talent pool of free agents which you pick up each week (Usually done on a waiver wire priority system where last person to draft in Round 1 is awarded waiver wire position 1 which is reset when they put on a claim for a player but someone else tries to claim them then they move down the waiver wire back to 10th, if awarded that player) The waiver wire priority each week can be given to who has the crappiest record.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
this fantasy team selection sucks with just two games in the first round and only 6 transfers available prior to the next round.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
this fantasy team selection sucks with just two games in the first round and only 6 transfers available prior to the next round.

Pick your bench well, in round 2 you'll only need to have 1 of the 15 starters this week. Adriaan Strauss is a good bet, you can replace everyone else.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Just registered for fantasyrugbydraft.com.

I can't find the GAGR league. Is it actually public or has it filled up?

Status
Not open for further replies.