• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Farr-Jones ?traitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JKB

Dear G&G,

I would like your opinion regarding Nick Farr-Jones's comments regarding Quade Cooper's on-field battle with Sir Richy. As you clearly showed in your posting "spatwatch" following the HK bledisloe, the fued began after Richy cheaply kicked Quade after he was cleaned out.

Since then Quade has gone on to better Richy for both the Reds and the Wallabies. 4 wins to 2 losses, and 1 of those losses was in Sydney last year which the Wallabies should have won.

Farr-Jones speaks of respecting your opponents, in this case the AB's.
What good has that done the Wallabies in recent times?

The AB's don't respect us or the laws of the game. Colin Meads on Ken Catchpole, Lowe on Carozza, and more recently and less dramatic McCaw holding down Pocock for 17 seconds to create a hole for Nonu to run through in the Brisbane Test.

Farr-Jones should be supporting Cooper and the Wallabies and encouraging them to stand up to the All Blacks and be ruthless. Cooper is not breaking the rules, he's just refusing to lie down to All Blacks intimidation tactics.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Jason.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
I think the main distinction is that Richie does what he does for the benefit of the team (most of the time) whereas Cooper seems to be doing it out of personal satisfaction. It seems fair enough to me, we can still beat them without being like dicks.

Antony

Alex Ross (28)
Old players aren't obliged to be cheerleaders. Josh Kronfeld just came out and said McCaw has been overtaken by Pocock (which would probably hurt more than this one, to be honest), so it's not as though Farr-Jones is forging some whole new path.

Plus the guy won a world cup. He can say what he likes.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Also, the ex-player Busllshitometer goes of the charts whenever Campo opens his mouth. If any ex player deserves to have their head pulled in it's him

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
I'm for Farr jones saying what he said. Noticed Quade giving a bit of niggle against Italy and it just wasn't needed. The guy is valuable to our team and I would prefer if he just got on with playing.

There is a time when you stand up to an opponent. Quade seems to be seeking it out and if it was someone from another country we would be up in arms. It come across as arrogance to me now and I would much prefer him to earn that moniker through his ability with ball in hand.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I think the main distinction is that Richie does what he does for the benefit of the team (most of the time) whereas Cooper seems to be doing it out of personal satisfaction. It seems fair enough to me, we can still beat them without being like dicks.

I think in that case quades niggle put richie off his game a bit which was to the benefit of the wallabies.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
I also think one can cause niggle without having to knee someone in the head. Just ask any wicketkeeper or silly mid off

J

Jay

As you clearly showed in your posting "spatwatch" following the HK bledisloe, the fued began after Richy cheaply kicked Quade after he was cleaned out.

Clearly. If watched through a canary yellow eyepatch.

J

JKB

I was for Quade pushing Ritchie(I'll spell it correctly) in HK. He like every other Wallaby fan was sick of Ritchie thinking he should be treated differently to every other player.
Sick of people saying that McCaw should be commended for getting away with things others don't. He's a cheat.

J

JKB

I was actually looking through one of your mum's canary yellow g-strings. was still clear though.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
With all due respect, Ritchie gets away with stuff, yes.
But when the fuck has thebguy ever asked to be treated differently, it has come with the fact he is a fantastic player.

Pocock and his "low body position" knees in the back of opponents taking his weight steals are just as bad as macaws offside. We just ave gold glasses.

Quade is no longer standing up for himself, he is a niggle merchant and when he jiggles the wrong person and cops one in the head, well, it will pretty much be deserved.

Roundawhile

Billy Sheehan (19)
I think Quade has a bit to learn yet. Whilst his intent is understandable he needs proper coaching from true masters at riling/sledging. I suggest the ARU bring in some sledging consultants to teach a little subtlety, Gregan? Steve Waugh?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think Farr-Jones comments were good.

If Quade did something stupid and got himself suspended or gave away a crucial penalty in a key game, it could cost Australia the cup.

It's alright to niggle a bit, but I don't want to see a repeat of the knee that we saw at Suncorp. Let your play do the talking and give Richie the condescending pat on the back once you've scored the winning try in the World Cup Final.

cornetto

Peter Burge (5)
I reackon Quade os a bit of a pussy - but he has obviously been given the job of annoying ritchie and its working. The genia try in Brisbane a great example. Quade is in RM's face the preceeding ruck, Thorn comes over to back up RM, QC (Quade Cooper) frees himself and drifts right, BT wanting to hammer QC (Quade Cooper) drifts with him, leaving a couple of slow fat forwards and a gap a mile wide for Genia to go through. Brilliant stuff.

The bloke who has promoted someone giving QC (Quade Cooper) a belting highlights for me what is wrong with teh AB's: "Let him know he's playing the All Blacks". Guys, you are a great rugby side with a great history, but trying to still promote the AB Aura, after not winning a WC in 24 years is beating the deadest of dead horses. This whole myth about having to respect the all blacks, the Haka, their culture....it is just BS. They are no more deserving of our respet then we are of theres - and they show very little.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.