• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Final Trial - Reds v. Force

Status
Not open for further replies.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
yeah it is unfair to compare anyone to pocock - especially as a schoolboy.

Pocock is a monster, he's a real life He-man figure. Watched the Welsh game again last night & when the Wallabies are walking out the tunnel you realise just how massive Pocock is.

Genia is built like a tank also he's probably bigger than Pocock across the chest.

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
chief said:
It is WA time.

Refabit- Time can only tell who will be placed accordingly, however I reckon you hit the nail on the head. Would happily be proved wrong.

Chief I'd like nothing more than it being 1st v 2nd but Reds don't have the cattle. Force will be well drilled, passionate and efficient. Just 1 or 2 class players short of a semi spot.

R

Redsfan

Has anyone managed to get that site working? I signed up and I can't find a link to the actual video.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
The link to the video will apparently come up closer to the date. Do you actually need to sign up to view it though?

Refabit - the Force are more than one or two players off a semi. They are probably missing a hooker, a lock, and one or two class outside backs. They might also be missing an inside back if Pretorius can't stay health or they insist on the craziness of J'OC at fullback instead of 12. So 3 - 4 players by my count, although if 2 of those were world class the others could probably not matter. The Reds are probably in a similar position.

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
Ash I was probably being a bit kind. They'll definitely need a fit Cross & Shepherd all year. And hopefully no-one knocks Bartholomeusz off his walking frame.
The Reds are only about 12 class players short of a competitive team

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Which eight of the Reds current 5 Wallabies and 2 Wallaby tourists (Hynes, Ioane, Genia, Cooper, Horwill, Morahan, Kingi) and 3 former Wallabies (Holmes, Hardman, Turinuri) and 1 former All Black (Braid) don't you rate as good enough for the S14? ;)

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
Ash said:
Which eight of the Reds current 5 Wallabies and 2 Wallaby tourists (Hynes, Ioane, Genia, Cooper, Horwill, Morahan, Kingi) and 3 former Wallabies (Holmes, Hardman, Turinuri) and 1 former All Black (Braid) don't you rate as good enough for the S14? ;)
We had all those last year and finished 13th - below Lions!
Hynes - seems to play better for Wallabies than Reds
Genia - player of the spring tour - hopefully brings that form along.
Ioane - a winger forced to play centre. Best tackle breaker going around
Cooper - Tries to do too much. Recent burglary charge exposing thinking ability
Morahan - Work in progress with limitless potential.
Holmes - Injury plagued but lethal
Hardman - Dependable
Turinui - Past use by date but trier
Braid - Tried to leave but injury forced his return. Unconvincing in key position

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
He has his detractors, and his debut season last year didn't help, but I understand Rod Davies had made great strides in his development and I will be interested to hear reports on how he goes in tonight's game.

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
I am going to the ground shortly, if I can find my way there. I have asked a couple of people and apparently it is just north of the city.

I will be tweeting score updates and maybe some video if anyone is interested (@MrTimms)

Status
Not open for further replies.