• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

For Sale: One Test 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
This is surreal, no. 10 for the wobbs in one of biggest series ever to outcast in less than a week. Something very very wrong here, how did the ARU just sit back and let this happen?

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
This is surreal, no. 10 for the wobbs in one of biggest series ever to outcast in less than a week. Something very very wrong here, how did the ARU just sit back and let this happen?

Symptomatic of a wider problem for mine. Some of these young men have been over indulged by their elders for too long and now get the shock of their lives when someone tells them to pull their head in. I could point to a significant number of similar situations across sport in Australia over the last couple of years and I'm absolutely certain in less public professions as well.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It just never ends.........

However, it should be noted that this one is written up in typical tabloid news corp fashion.........

THERE will be no James O'Connor on the team sheet when the Wallabies side to face the All Blacks on August 17 is read out.

Here's the latest. O'Connor failed to appear at the Wallabies team meeting in Sydney at 10am last Sunday morning, unsurprising considering he was heading into a Kings Cross club at 5.30am.

Kurtley Beale shared the clubbing but made the meeting.

It is staggering that O'Connor could have such a selfish view of the world. The coach who backed him for 40 Tests gave his thanks to the players for all they put in against the British and Irish Lions.

It essentially became the farewell speech as coach for Robbie Deans.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-field-incidents/story-fni2g0wi-1226677895169

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Good grief. I said after his departure from the Force that he seemed to be trying to deliberately present himself in the worst possible light. Now I'm thinking that he might have some sort of psychological disorder. He is systematically dismantling his rugby career brick by brick. I hope he's got some other irons in the fire because he's going the right way towards every pro rugby organisation on the planet closing the door in his face.

What an utter lack of self-awareness.

Zander

Ron Walden (29)
I'm not defending JOC (James O'Connor) here because it appears every other Wallaby made the meeting but 10am on the next day after the series is fucking harsh. I doubt any Lions players got up before 12pm or even went to bed.

Reactions: Tip

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
It's not harsh in my view, but even if it was... O'Connor was the only one to no show.

Interesting that the Rebels announcement was only 40 mins later.

T

Train Without a Station

Well, the Lions won the series...

Well put Slim. I'll admit, as a park footy battler, it's the biggest losses that make me want to get on the sauce and sometimes the best wins that have me up early to work hard the next day. I'm not a professional though, after that loss, the Wallabies showed there was a lot that needed to be worked on by all. Going out all night and not turning up for a team meeting the next day reeks of the attitude "Oh well I don't have anything I need to work on".

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
it just emphasises the self centredness of the bloke. the team rules don't apply to me

edit: not to mention the utter disregard for Robbie deans who stuck by JOC (James O'Connor) and continued to play him at 10, although he really had no other choice in the end

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
it just emphasises the self centredness of the bloke. the team rules don't apply to me

edit: not to mention the utter disregard for Robbie deans who stuck by JOC (James O'Connor) and continued to play him at 10, although he really had no other choice in the end

The more that comes out, the more I feel sorry for Deans on one side and question his initial decision on the other

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Back to the Beale and occonor missing the bus. What I thought and understood is that the they get bunked with differnt players for team moral and to get to know each player individually.
You would think that they would split these 2 up and not in the same room spooning each other or Beale doing JOC (James O'Connor) braids that morning and missing the bus.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Maybe no one else will share a room with JOC (James O'Connor)? Or maybe he demands his own room? haha! I joke of course but there is a little part of me that wonders.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Maybe no one else will share a room with JOC (James O'Connor)? Or maybe he demands his own room? haha! I joke of course but there is a little part of me that wonders.

Make him bunk with the Captain. As much as Horwill may dislike it, I'm sure James wouldn't be sneaking off in the middle of the night in fear of waking a giant!

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
Found this the other day and thought it was quite poignant...

"O'Connor's only worry ahead of tonight's debut chance was getting to the plane on time when the Force flew out of Perth on Wednesday.

So spooked was he by the no-show of his taxi, O'Connor hopped on his pushbike and sped to RugbyWA headquarters so as not to miss the team bus to the airport."
http://twf.com.au/showthread.php?t=15859

That was for his debut in 2008 against the Reds, bit of a contrast to the bus situation the other day

blues recovery

Billy Sheehan (19)
This whole situation is really very sad. He actually can be a reasonable young bloke, quite polite, friendly and can hold a decent conversation unlike a lot of other players.
The massive ego and complete sense of entitlement is the problem. Also sad to say a reflection of his upbringing.
I'm aware his father would consistently text messages to senior people at the Rebels complaining that they were ruining James career by not playing him at 10.
I'm afraid I don't see his attitude changing because he just doesn't see it and none of his support network does either.

churchills cigar

Peter Burge (5)
This whole situation is really very sad. He actually can be a reasonable young bloke, quite polite, friendly and can hold a decent conversation unlike a lot of other players.
The massive ego and complete sense of entitlement is the problem. Also sad to say a reflection of his upbringing.
I'm aware his father would consistently text messages to senior people at the Rebels complaining that they were ruining James career by not playing him at 10.
I'm afraid I don't see his attitude changing because he just doesn't see it and none of his support network does either.
I had occasion to chat with his parents a few years ago; they are lovely people but one comment struck me as odd at the time. While I always thought he was rushed into top level rugby at the time, they also had the feeling that four years at test level would see him out.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
What do you mean by 'see him out'?

Four years of test rugby and he'll be done? Or that it would take four years at test level to see him realise his potential?

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Maybe i'm being daft and missing the obvious, but did you read between the lines as to a reason?

Seems such a strange thing for parents to say, especially as his dad appears to be a significant influence on his professional life.

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
Seems like they either thought he couldn't hack test level rugby for more than 4 years (unlikely), or they expected him to chase the money in Europe. Which could explain his push to play 10 -- look at Sexton's new contract.

I'm surprised you didn't ask for clarification though.

Status
Not open for further replies.