• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Everything they said was bullshit. Saying the rebels have more financial support? Melbourne have a significant advantage financially over the force apparently. SIGNIFICANT. BULLSHIT

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
I would love to see their evidence to back up what they said in the presser because it's all bullshit

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
How many players will the team retain though? Players come to play here to play for the Force, without that we will go back 20 odd years to a backwater.
I would suggest the Aru will dictate who plays for them?

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
I really feel that these pricks just want the tahs and reds to have our players so they perform better in super rugby

B

BLR

One of the worst aspects of this saga is the fact the ARU keep saying how clear the evidence was the Force should be cut, but the only indication that has been made public why it was the Force is that the ARU expected to get a bunch of money for Bledisloes & Lions tests from the Victorian government, despite no contracts being signed. Where is this spreadsheet you talk about ARU?

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Who are these backers in Melbourne that are financially supporting the rebels. Better then what twiggy can The force ?

B

BLR

Who are these backers in Melbourne that are financially supporting the rebels. Better then what twiggy can The force ?

I think it is an excuse mate, I don't know why we got the license over Melbourne in the first place as the ARU seems to have wanted us dead since day dot.

They can lie as much as they want but it seems that no reporters who want to keep their job will ask hard questions or clarification.

T

TOCC

One of the worst aspects of this saga is the fact the ARU keep saying how clear the evidence was the Force should be cut, but the only indication that has been made public why it was the Force is that the ARU expected to get a bunch of money for Bledisloes & Lions tests from the Victorian government, despite no contracts being signed. Where is this spreadsheet you talk about ARU?

Yeah I'd love to see the financial justification, I can't see how the Rebels offer a more stable financial footing then the Force

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
I don't want to put the tin foil hat on but it does feel The force always got shafted. Never got the same exemptions for international players like the rebels did. Never got the money it does feel like we are always getting rail roaded.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Yeah I'd love to see the financial justification, I can't see how the Rebels offer a more stable financial footing then the Force
You're being way too generous, that assumes there was a process and franchises were being judged on their merits.

If there was a process, it was reverse engineered to ensure their path of least resistance would be the outcome.

It's clusterfucks like this,that confirms my cynical attitude towards the ARU is justified.

ARU - pretenders.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Has anyone heard one professional rugby player or high profile people say the force would be the right decision to by cut? I haven't.

Matt Hodgson said the force have a 60 million dollar backing. I would like to see where the rebels are getting, as the Aru said , SUBSTANTIALLY more financial backing then the force

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Financialy we are better off
Second best Aussie team in the comp and over half of our players are West Australian so that's high oerformance
3rd largest registerd rugby players in Aus
3rd Quickest growing junior players register.

M

Moono75

the ARU will think....shit look at the population in Melbourne.....imagine if we could get all these people to a game. Well ARU it hasn't happened and you are hardly the organisation with the vision to make it happen. Yet again you demonstrate your ineptitude to do anything good for the game :mad:

M

Moono75

What annoys me, devastates me the most is the bloody potential in the squad we have! We are on the cusp of doing some great things as a team, everything was heading in the right direction and as a member since day one I'm being robbed of the enjoyment after all these years of finally seeing my team be a contender. Its not right :(

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Wow. Twiggy told the Aru he would and I quote " guarantee the Aru no loss" financially. They still make this decision

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Love the fact chance penny, pek Cowan and Richey Hardwick walked out with twiggy. Probably more players but I couldn't see them

Status
Not open for further replies.