• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Moono75

Love Peks comment on twitter;

See ya Bill, all the best......#takeclineaswell

A lot of current and former players expressing disbelief at this joke of a decision.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Love Peks comment on twitter;

See ya Bill, all the best..#takeclineaswell

A lot of current and former players expressing disbelief at this joke of a decision.
There is no one who thinks the force should go. Apart from rebel fans which is fair enough. Regardless of what happens we all know this decision has nothing to do with financial or high performance.

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

B

BLR

There is no one who thinks the force should go. Apart from rebel fans which is fair enough. Regardless of what happens we all know this decision has nothing to do with financial or high performance.

TBH, I think most Rebels fans wouldn't actually say the Force deserve to go.

I think it is clear we were by far not the best option objectively.

M

Moono75

WA Premier Mark McGowan on 6PR radio. Said WA did everything asked by the ARU to support and ensure the retention of the Force. WA has been treated poorly. WA Government has spent $130 Million on developing rugby in WA including $90 Million on NIB redevelopment, $17 Million on Rugby WA HQ training facility etc.

WA Government contacted ARU several times regarding the Force and never had any response. Just poor management and shows absolute lack of regard for Western Australia :mad:

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)

I am a Rebels fan and cant believe the Force are gone. Makes no sense, from a tv point of view either.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
I am a Rebels fan and cant believe the Force are gone. Makes no sense, from a tv point of view either.

I would prefer both stay because it's so hard but I just feel out of the 2 it's a no brainer. They just any to make there precious nsw and Queensland better. That's what this is

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
The game should not have been killed off in WA. I feel for you fans but I feel for the boys in the development programs the most. Who is going to support them now. There could be a 15 year old who is set to be a star and the ARU would have abandoned him

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
I would prefer both stay because it's so hard but I just feel out of the 2 it's a no brainer. They just any to make there precious nsw and Queensland better. That's what this is

Yes, would prefer to rewing the clock and go back two years and not expand to the rubbish they gave us.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Not sure if they were back dating or if there is another press release coming
a54f8c309092fb4e992a8d9cbff4676b.jpg

B

BLR

Not sure if they were back dating or if there is another press release coming
a54f8c309092fb4e992a8d9cbff4676b.jpg

They are putting the videos of some of the stuff that was on Fox Sports I reckon.

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
WA Premier Mark McGowan on 6PR radio. Said WA did everything asked by the ARU to support and ensure the retention of the Force. WA has been treated poorly. WA Government has spent $130 Million on developing rugby in WA including $90 Million on NIB redevelopment, $17 Million on Rugby WA HQ training facility etc.

WA Government contacted ARU several times regarding the Force and never had any response. Just poor management and shows absolute lack of regard for Western Australia :mad:

that is so f*(ked

B

BLR

What happens to the Perth Spirit is Rugby WA can't win the appeal? Will the ARU still support them?

Pulver said they would stay but you'd think they would be a skeleton of a side. Plus I don't think the ARU have ever supported Western Australian Rugby.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Wow, thought it was going to be the rebels. Can't believe hey went with the Force. I would prefer both to stay, but if one had to go, should have been the Rebels.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
it was only ever liable to be one team, because the ARU only ever had control of one team's licence. the Rebels were only ever in play because of the possibility that Cox might sell his rights to the ARU. once that possiblity passed it was 5 teams or the Force gone. i think its a terrible outcome.

T

TOCC

Not that it's any condolence, but the ARU's NRC twitter account have said the Perth Spirit are here to stay..

Status
Not open for further replies.