• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force 2023

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Why is that not also the challenge for the Brumbies and Reds?
It is but to a lesser degree. As the man said, because:

* The incentive to switch AU teams is very low ... so Brums (and, to lesser extent, Reds) keep most of their best AU-based players, including RA top-ups.

* hope that the culture and coaching of a Club convinces them that they can improve their game ... again this applies more to Brumbies than Reds.

Speaking of which, how long is Thorn still signed up for?

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)

* The incentive to switch AU teams is very low ... so Brums (and, to lesser extent, Reds) keep most of their best AU-based players, including Rugby Australia top-ups.

* hope that the culture and coaching of a Club convinces them that they can improve their game ... again this applies more to Brumbies than Reds.

Correct, this was my rationale - and also the Reds committing so hard to their pathways as a conveyor belt.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)

* The incentive to switch AU teams is very low ... so Brums (and, to lesser extent, Reds) keep most of their best AU-based players, including Rugby Australia top-ups.

It's because people would rather live in Canberra than Perth, Melbourne, or Sydney.... wait a minute.

EDIT, its actually East Coast Elitist privilege... Senator Pocock is writing legislation right now.

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
Looking at the Aus A team this weekend I think he may flip to replace Medrano as our THP starter
Sio - Fainga'a/Kaitu’u - Robertson would be a good front row.

Desperately need some depth on that tho

Pretty confident Sio will stay in Aus

Tahs have Bell, so unless he wants second fiddle again. Rebels have Gibbon and Orr so solid enough plus Gibbon when fit has impressed. Surely a 50/50 chance with Reds/Force of happening.

Tazzmania

Charlie Fox (21)
A decent all round backline player with a decent boot.

In a recent interview Simon Cron intimated an outside back was returning to Australia to the Force, so sounds likley.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Pretty confident Sio will stay in Aus

Chatted with Scott in Canberra a coupla weeks ago (Scott and 7As (Allan Ala'alatoa) both played juniors with my son from under 9s), he told me then he was looking at Europe or the UK. Delighted to read he's looking at staying in Oz.

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
Chatted with Scott in Canberra a coupla weeks ago (Scott and 7As (Allan Ala'alatoa) (Allan Ala'alatoa) both played juniors with my son from under 9s), he told me then he was looking at Europe or the UK. Delighted to read he's looking at staying in Oz.
Just my gut feel than anything said.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
A decent all round backline player with a decent boot.

In a recent interview Simon Cron intimated an outside back was returning to Australia to the Force, so sounds likley.
Yeh Hegarty solid super rugby player for squad depth. Fullback or 10 depth option for force.

Tazzmania

Charlie Fox (21)
Looks like The West have confirmed Hegarty on his way with another big signing due to be announced later in the week (SIO?)

Western Force snare experienced utility back Bryce Hegarty, more to come as they build for the future

Tazzmania

Charlie Fox (21)
Looks like it is Sio

Screenshot 2022-07-05 120435.png

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'm interested to observe how much leeway Hodgson continues to get.

Pic taken at the Perth Test when the IP was handed back to RugbyWA/Western Force.

I suggest that Matt Hodgson still has a job to do and a long way to go with Andrew Forrest and the Western Force.

Attachments

• MH & AF.jpg
    MH & AF.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 66
  • MH & Mark Ella.jpg
    MH & Mark Ella.jpg
    391.7 KB · Views: 72

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I was critical of the kiwi winger signing but Hegarty and Sio signings (assuming they come off) are brilliant signings.

Bravo.