• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force 2023

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
This was a trial game and the Force correctly tried to play a structured game to fine tune the team and combinations, however when the ball came loose or shape lost, this suited the Fijians and they made the Force pay time after time.
Great to see Rodda get fifty good minutes.
Williams had a very strong game and needs to be in the starting 15 (either 6 or lock)
Worried about 10 and Hegarty did not get much time to show what he may offer.
Marley Pearce, say no more, absolutely chuffed for the young fella getting a pie, and also playing tighthead. (rewarded with call up to the Junior Wallbaies camp this morning)
Spink is growing on me.
Faingai, Maetele, Tiatia played well within themselves, I am sure lots more to come from them.
Pulu has to start and stay injury free.
Not much to choose between the three scumhalves.
Gave away too many penalties.
Ollie Callan needs consistency he did a lot well but also gave away a lot of penalties.
The Force need to learn to only kick if they can chase and put the oppostion under pressure, just kicking to a team like the Drua and giving them metres to start an attack was and proved their undoing.
The finishing team was very young and if they stay the course the future looks good.

I disagree with the comment about the scrumhalves. As much as I don't like it, I think Prior proved that he still needs to be starting ahead of Fines. He just gives us a lot more structure and direction.

I also think our lineout - defensive and offensive should be a great strength this year if we can keep Rodda on the field, and Fainga'a will need to start for this reason.

Tazzmania

Charlie Fox (21)
Excellent choice.

You could already see in the practice match v the Reds that he is a natural leader, speaks well, players listen to him and he gives it his all even in a practice match.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
What is the issue with Rodda has captain? Overlooked again?
Why does there have to be an issue?
The WF currently has a 40 player squad.
Not everybody can be Captain.
Clearly Cron thinks Wells has more to offer than Rodda.
Rodda is clearly one of the on-field leadership group and has been strongly leading the lineouts in trials and at training.
WF announcement.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Why does there have to be an issue?
The WF currently has a 40 player squad.
Not everybody can be Captain.
Clearly Cron thinks Wells has more to offer than Rodda.
Rodda is clearly one of the on-field leadership group and has been strongly leading the lineouts in trials and at training.
WF announcement.

because it is one of Rodda's aspirations and his missing of the QLD captaincy position put in play his tantrum fueled departure. I agree with Cron, there are better captaincy options out there. Wells one of them. Its just now up to Michael to prove that he's a first XV player.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
because it is one of Rodda's aspirations and his missing of the QLD captaincy position put in play his tantrum fueled departure. I agree with Cron, there are better captaincy options out there. Wells one of them. Its just now up to Michael to prove that he's a first XV player.
Doesn't exactly lend itself to being named captain, does it?

Tazzmania

Charlie Fox (21)

Rodda's departure from the Reds was due to far more complex and more serious issues.

Isaak has been fantastic in coming out in support of mental health issues and becoming an ambassador for RUOK.

To learn the real reason he left the Reds please watch the following video he talks about the Reds departure at 1 min 05 secs.

Rodda and Mcguire discuss the importance of speaking up about mental health

Last edited:

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
This hurts

If only we had FLW (Fergus Lee-Warner) still...

Screenshot_20230221-142315.png