• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force 2023

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I think the Cron factor was a major play here. And Rebels clearing up some $ for key targets, who we may or may not hit
Yeh all the press and rumour seems to be rebels setting up for some big targets. I just hope the coaching next year is up to scratch to make the most of the talent including new big talent. As rebels had on paper before sides full of wallaby players but failed to live up to expectations.

Tazzmania

Charlie Fox (21)
Western Force Wider Training Group for 2023:

FVLtdZGWAAAOqyN.jpg

The Western Force is delighted to announce that SiosifaAmone, George Poolman, Rupeni Mataele, Andrew Romano and Ned Slack-Smith have been elevated to the Wider Training Squad for 2023.

The five graduates make the step up to the professional program having been part of the Western Force Fortescue Academy (Academy) Tier 1 setup in 2022.

General Manager of the Academy Chris Goodman is proud of the group and the attitude they’ve shown this year. “First and foremost, they are men of great character and fully deserve this opportunity,” Goodman explained. “These players have worked hard to put themselves in a position to earn a Wider Training Squad contract.

READ MORE

Great to see another Maetele into the ranks for the Force

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Hearing Michael McDonald won’t get another contract with the Force next year.

Prior back for another year though.

They must be chasing someone. Grant from the Tahs? Albert is leaving the Brumbies so perhaps him?

Who has Cron coached before that he may want to bring with him?

30 year old Matt Lucas?

Wilson

David Codey (61)

They must be chasing someone. Grant from the Tahs? Albert is leaving the Brumbies so perhaps him?

30 year old Matt Lucas?
Theo Strang and Nick Phipps have both been released in the premiership, but I don't think Cron ever had much to do with them aside from cross over at the tahs with Phipps

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)

30 year old Matt Lucas?

I think that's a shame. I would have liked a (mostly) local product to remain in the squad.

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
Theo Strang and Nick Phipps have both been released in the premiership, but I don't think Cron ever had much to do with them aside from cross over at the tahs with Phipps
Harsh to say Phipps was released. He was great for the Irish this year. From what I have read he’s picked up a contract in Japan instead of staying in the Prem

chiraag

Larry Dwyer (12)

Seriously?! That's very disappointing if true. He looked great in the very limited time he was given and should really have been given now time ahead of Prior. Looks to have a pretty high ceiling and a local product, so thought keeping him on was a no brainer

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Seriously?! That's very disappointing if true. He looked great in the very limited time he was given and should really have been given now time ahead of Prior. Looks to have a pretty high ceiling and a local product, so thought keeping him on was a no brainer

Agreed. There’s got to be more to it.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Harsh to say Phipps was released. He was great for the Irish this year. From what I have read he’s picked up a contract in Japan instead of staying in the Prem
It was not a criticism, it's just the language that has been used across the premiership for players departing without a retirement or contract announced elsewhere - there's a lot of them this year due to salary cap contraction and it is in no way an assessment on the value of the individual.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Considering Jamison Gibson-Park is now Ireland's #9 and I'm sure everyone remembers what he was like in Super Rugby... not a bad bet to go over to Ireland and make their Test side. Mack did it in one season.