• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force 2023

Alex Ross (28)
Nehe from 2015 would be great, is he any good still?
He used to have dangerous feet. But he couldn’t get a run with the Highlanders. Then was in an alsoran team in MLR. I’m guessing he might have lost a bit of spark otherwise he would have been commanding a bigger contract than New York.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
He used to have dangerous feet. But he couldn’t get a run with the Highlanders. Then was in an alsoran team in MLR. I’m guessing he might have lost a bit of spark otherwise he would have been commanding a bigger contract than New York.
Also-ran? I know the Gilly's were kicked out but RNY won MLR and he was the starting fullback in the final.

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
westernforce-photo-2022_06_29_07_09.jpg

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Jungle drums beating that Mac Grealy is about to sign with the Force as well.
Will be a bad loss for the Qld Reds to see him go.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
yeah, I mentioned that a while ago here. Not a massive loss. We have depth there. Personally I think Aubrey will be better.

Yep - Reds seem to have plenty of options at fullback - Campbell, Petaia, Aubrey and Creighton can all play there.

Grealy hasn't shown anything at Super Rugby level yet to make me miss him. Obviously the UQ fans will be upset. But reality he needed to go elsewhere to get proper minutes.

Bandar

Bob Loudon (25)
I'd rather we provide opportunities for Australian players. And for teams to stop whining about a lack of Wallaby selection when they stack their team with ineligible players.
I get that & agree to an extent but there's no point getting lower standard players just because their Australian, I'd rather the team win.

Who are better Australian wing options who are off contract they should be getting?

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Yep - Reds seem to have plenty of options at fullback - Campbell, Petaia, Aubrey and Creighton can all play there.

Grealy hasn't shown anything at Super Rugby level yet to make me miss him. Obviously the UQ fans will be upset. But reality he needed to go elsewhere to get proper minutes.
Problem is that Grealy is a natural 10 not a 15 but hasn't been considered there or given any opportunity to show his game management skills.
He had garnered all the attention as a schoolboy 10 but was then put out on the wing or fullback when he made it to clubland / super rugby.

Jimmyjam

Darby Loudon (17)
I get that & agree to an extent but there's no point getting lower standard players just because their Australian, I'd rather the team win.

Who are better Australian wing options who are off contract they should be getting?
James Ramm and Alex Newsome from the Tahs perhaps, both just went o/s when a spot could have been found at the Force. Newsome especially as he kicked off his career there.