• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force 2023

Tazzmania

Ted Thorn (20)
32-man U16's squad

1 Salesi Tatafu - Wanneroo

2 Jed Spencer - Perth Bayswater

3 Ruiz Lee - Joondalup

4 Zane Wesley - North Coast/ Wanneroo

5 Charles Groom - Perth Bayswater

6 Ellis New - Associates

7 Jackson Bridges - Wests Scrborough

8 William Crew - Southern Lions

9 Manaia Te Tana - Wanneroo

10 Hugh Chapman - Scotch College

11 Rohan Viskovich - Perth Irish/ Wests Scarborough

12 Luke Holt-Brown - Perth Bayswater

13 Ngadang Kunai - Arks

14 Tamarangi Tunui - Wanneroo

15 Samuel Almond - Wests Scarborough

16 Brodie Mainwaring - Wanneroo

17 Chris Jansen - Wanneroo

18 Ken Ah Hong - Wanneroo

19 Tataama Rere - Perth Bayswater

20 Dalvin Paki - Perth Bayswater

21 Thomas Yates - Wesley College

22 Josh Whittingham - Joondalup

23 Ethan Pike - Wests Scarborough

24 Eben Prinsloo - Palmyra

25 Adrien Cotte - Aquinas College

26 Devan Button - Wanneroo

27 Alius Tutai - Perth Irish/ Wests Scarborough

28 Siosifa Tuipulotu - Arks

29 Zavier Hawira - Southern Lions

30 Luc Du Toit - Palmyra

31 Felix Cooper - Wests Scarborough

32 Johannes Van Der Hyden - Mandurah

Head Coach: Colin Philips

Assistant Coaches: Daniel Whiston & Damien Elton

32-man U19’s squad
:

1 Jonathan Chapman-Stean - Palmyra

2 Andre Scholtz - Southern Lions

3 Joey O’Brien - Nedlands

4 Marley Pearse - Wests Scarborough

5 Jeroslav Tamala- Nedlands

6 Josh Mongard- Nedlands

7 Liam Timmins - Associates

8 Rueben Baker - Wanneroo

9 Anthony Moataane- Nedlands

10 Caleb Karangaroa - Wanneroo

11 Jhy Legg - Wests Scarborough

12 Ruben Steenkemp- Palmyra

13 Hugo Welborn – Nedlands

14 Ihaia Kamizona-Heke – Kalamunda

15 James Pese – Nedlands

16 Aidan McDonagh - Perth Bayswater

17 Dane Sawers - Kalamunda

18 Charlie Wartlers – Palmyra

19 Ned Slack-Smith - Western Force

20 Cristiano Tizzano - UWA

21 Lucius Gouws - Joondalup

22 Hunta Boyes - Wests Scarborough

23 Blake Mettam - Wests Scarborough

24 Edward Turagava - Palmyra

25 Nathan Tahu - Wanneroo

26 Ammaru Iti – Nedlands

27 Ollie Cummins - Western Force

28 Ryan McGloin - Joondalup

29 Justin Landman - Associates

30 Justin Talemaira - Wanneroo

31 Kauri Grace - Wests Scarborough

32 Brad Avery - Cottesloe

Head Coach: Sam Rarasea

Assistant Coaches: Jeremy Thrush & Kieran Longbottom

Tazzmania

Ted Thorn (20)
Western Force 2023 Squad members taking part in New Zealand NPC quarter finals on weekend starting 7/10/2022

Jackson Pugh named starting 8 for Auckland v North Harbour Friday 7 /10/2022

Felix Kalapu starting 5 for North Harbour v Auckland Friday 7/10/2022.

Chase Tiatia starting 15 Hawkes Bay v Wellington Saturday 08/10/2022

Manasa Maetelle starting 14 Canterbury v Northland Saturday 08/10/2022

Rugby Head

Watty Friend (18)
Western Force 2023 Squad members taking part in New Zealand NPC quarter finals on weekend starting 7/10/2022

Jackson Pugh named starting 8 for Auckland v North Harbour Friday 7 /10/2022

Felix Kalapu starting 5 for North Harbour v Auckland Friday 7/10/2022.

Chase Tiatia starting 15 Hawkes Bay v Wellington Saturday 08/10/2022

Manasa Maetelle starting 14 Canterbury v Northland Saturday 08/10/2022
Jackson Pugh has been very strong.

Tazzmania

Ted Thorn (20)
Jackson Pugh to start in NPC semi final for Auckland on the weekend and has become the poster boy too!

Fe1D-UPacAAjZ28.jpg

todd4

Jim Clark (26)

Exclusive: Curtis Rona quits London Irish after going AWOL for a week​

Rona has informed his team-mates of the decision at the club's training ground

ByBen Coles, RUGBY REPORTER12 October 2022 • 4:01pm

Curtis Rona quits London Irish after going AWOL for a week

Curtis Rona has been linked with a return to Australia CREDIT: GETTY IMAGES

Australia international Curtis Rona has left London Irish with immediate effect after previously going missing in action for a week.
Rona, 30, informed his team-mates at the club's Hazelwood training ground on Monday of his departure.
The former Wallaby has been linked with a return to playing rugby league in the NRL in Australia having previously played for North Queensland Cowboys before switching to Canterbury Bulldog, but is now set to take up a contract playing in Japan. Rona won three Test caps for Australia in 2017 under then head coach Michael Cheika.
Rona joined London Irish in 2019 and has been a key performer for the club over recent years, forming a strong centre partnership with Benhard Janse van Rensburg.
The centre featured in London Irish's first three matches of the 2022-23 season against Worcester, Bristol and Northampton, but was not part of Irish's matchday squad in the win over Bath before the club went on their bye last week.
Rona leaves the club having scored 16 tries in 70 appearances, with England international Will Joseph and Italy international Luca Morisi now the club's main options at outside centre.
“Thank you to the supporters and everyone at London Irish for making me feel so welcome at the Club from the first day that I arrived,” said Rona.
“I want to thank the players, staff and coaches for everything that they have done for me, and I wish London Irish nothing but the best for the future.”

Director of Rugby Declan Kidney added: “We are disappointed to see Curtis go. We wish him and his family well on their next adventure and thank him for his efforts in the London Irish shirt.”

I wonder where he'll end up, Japan, NRL or Super Rugby?

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)

Exclusive: Curtis Rona quits London Irish after going AWOL for a week​

Rona has informed his team-mates of the decision at the club's training ground

ByBen Coles, RUGBY REPORTER12 October 2022 • 4:01pm

Curtis Rona quits London Irish after going AWOL for a week

Curtis Rona has been linked with a return to Australia CREDIT: GETTY IMAGES

Australia international Curtis Rona has left London Irish with immediate effect after previously going missing in action for a week.
Rona, 30, informed his team-mates at the club's Hazelwood training ground on Monday of his departure.
The former Wallaby has been linked with a return to playing rugby league in the NRL in Australia having previously played for North Queensland Cowboys before switching to Canterbury Bulldog, but is now set to take up a contract playing in Japan. Rona won three Test caps for Australia in 2017 under then head coach Michael Cheika.
Rona joined London Irish in 2019 and has been a key performer for the club over recent years, forming a strong centre partnership with Benhard Janse van Rensburg.
The centre featured in London Irish's first three matches of the 2022-23 season against Worcester, Bristol and Northampton, but was not part of Irish's matchday squad in the win over Bath before the club went on their bye last week.
Rona leaves the club having scored 16 tries in 70 appearances, with England international Will Joseph and Italy international Luca Morisi now the club's main options at outside centre.
“Thank you to the supporters and everyone at London Irish for making me feel so welcome at the Club from the first day that I arrived,” said Rona.
“I want to thank the players, staff and coaches for everything that they have done for me, and I wish London Irish nothing but the best for the future.”

Director of Rugby Declan Kidney added: “We are disappointed to see Curtis go. We wish him and his family well on their next adventure and thank him for his efforts in the London Irish shirt.”

I wonder where he'll end up, Japan, NRL or Super Rugby?
It's just really disappointing, he clearly wanted to leave and asked to be released to join the force - LI rejected it. So now he does this anyway but probably lost to the force. Rubbish outcome.

Alex Ross (28)
It's just really disappointing, he clearly wanted to leave and asked to be released to join the force - LI rejected it. So now he does this anyway but probably lost to the force. Rubbish outcome.
Doesn’t appear that joining the Force was his intention. Strange that he wants out only a little over a year on from signing a “long term contract”.

Tazzmania

Ted Thorn (20)
Western Force 2023 Squad members taking part in New Zealand NPC semi finals on weekend starting 14/10/2022

Jackson Pugh named starting 8 for Auckland v Wellington Friday 14 /10/2022

Manasa Maetelle starting 14 Canterbury v Bay of Plenty Saturday 15/10/2022

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
Burton has signed with San Diego who he played for previously.

I’d say Meakes won’t struggle to have another MLR club pick him up. It’s a shame most Super Rugby Squads have filled their spots at this stage.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Reactions: NCT