• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force 2023

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Really good pack and Tight 5 especially. Being picky but the Back 3 might be the most suspect area of the entire squad but not poor by any stretch. Hegarty may get a look in at times at 15 depending on how they want to play.
Think the back 3 could have some serious punch. Pulu, Mataele and Tiatia are all rapid and I've liked Strachan at 15.

Actually think their backrow might struggle. I wasn't impressed by Wells last year for the Rebels. FLW (Fergus Lee-Warner) is a loss.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Bryce would be my starting 10 with Pasitoa out.

I'd look at something like:

15 Tiatia
14 M Mataele
13 Kuenzle
12 Stewart
11 Pulu
10 Heagarty
9 Fines-Leleiwasa
8 Jackson Pugh
7 Ollie Callan
6 Tim Anstee
5 Izack Rodda
4 Felix Kalapu
3 Santiago Medrano
2 Folau Fainga'a
1 Tom Robertson

16 Feleti Kaitu'u
17 Angus Wagner
18 Bo Abra
19 Jeremy Williams
20 Michael Wells
21 Ian Prior
22 Strachan
23 Tapine

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
Bryce would be my starting 10 with Pasitoa out.

I'd look at something like:

15 Tiatia
14 M Mataele
13 Kuenzle
12 Stewart
11 Pulu
10 Heagarty
9 Fines-Leleiwasa
8 Jackson Pugh
7 Ollie Callan
6 Tim Anstee
5 Izack Rodda
4 Felix Kalapu
3 Santiago Medrano
2 Folau Fainga'a
1 Tom Robertson

16 Feleti Kaitu'u
17 Angus Wagner
18 Bo Abra
19 Jeremy Williams
20 Michael Wells
21 Ian Prior
22 Strachan
23 Tapine
I agree with this and 13 being the concern. I was also thinking developing Kuenzle at 13 was the best option as Stewart better at 12. Don't forget Koteka, was very good before getting injured last year, I think would have made Australia A. McAuley I think will start with Rodda

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Force hinting of a player signing announcement tomorrow. Any whispers?
Nah Jersey Reveal
Screenshot_20221128-201748.png

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
What happened to get Parata dropped from Force? I take it he has been, he doesn't seem to be in squad, thought he was looking ok when playing for Tasman in NPC.

SteveWA

Charlie Fox (21)

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Liking the thinking out of the box.
The line-breaking Centre we need as well as a volatile Sth American to add depth in the Front Row.
Go You Force!!

D-Box

Ron Walden (29)
Jersey launch

Nice to see the girls in the launch just as much as the boys. Similar the black and gold hoop away jersey look very similar to some of the state jerseys from back in the day

chiraag

Larry Dwyer (12)
What happened to get Parata dropped from Force? I take it he has been, he doesn't seem to be in squad, thought he was looking ok when playing for Tasman in NPC.
I was surprised to see this also, especially given Pasitoa is going to be out for the year. We've got a bunch of options who should be serviceable (Stewart, Hegarty, Kuenzle, Strachan, Prior), but we really need better than that

D-Box

Ron Walden (29)
If that black and yellow jersey is the home jersey then it is the best best jersey in Aus rugby
It the away strip.

There have often been calls to swap, but I can understand from a brand establishment and club culture (sea of blue etc) why to stick with blue. If I remember correctly back to the establishment to the blue was chosen as it was thought more people would buy and wear blue kit in their day to day over the gold.

Last edited:

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
With an average age of 24.4 yo this is the youngest squad that the WF has ever had.
I would think that it's the youngest squad in SRP (Super Rugby Pacific).
Only 3 players >/= 30yo: Bryce Hegarty - 30; Ian Prior 32; Toni Pulu - 33.
Building for the future...................
Looking forward to the naming of the Fortescue Academy class of 2023.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
G'day RR, can we please have Andrew Romano - Prop, Wilton Rebolo - Prop (2025) and Sam Spink - Inside Back (2024) added to the player group.
The WF has also listed the following as Inside Backs: Ollie Cummins (2025), Bryce Hegarty, Bayley Kuenzle, Grason Makara, Reesjan Pasitoa, George Poolman and Hamish Stewart.

Last edited:

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
With an average age of 24.4 yo this is the youngest squad that the WF has ever had.
I would think that it's the youngest squad in SRP (Super Rugby Pacific) (Super Rugby Pacific).
Only 3 players >/= 30yo: Bryce Hegarty - 30; Ian Prior 32; Toni Pulu - 33.
Building for the future...................
Looking forward to the naming of the Fortescue Academy class of 2023.
Its a shame no.8 Masibaka left straight from the Academy. Current backrow is quite light on.

hifflepiff

Charlie Fox (21)
It the away strip.

There have often been calls to swap, but I can understand from a brand establishment and club culture (sea of blue etc) why to stick with blue. If I remember correctly back to the establishment to the blue was chosen as it was thought more people would buy and wear blue kit in their day to day over the gold.
Black and gold would at least give a distinct visual identity, more than half of the teams in Super Rugby have blue as their primary colour (and yes I know I say this as a Rebels fan lol).

Also Sea of Gold sounds better than Sea of Blue.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Force almost went with Black and Gold as their initial jerseys, there was a strong St Laurence’s College old boys clique at the club in the foundation season who suggested adopting the colors of their old school which are black with gold trim.

D5E71D1B-8257-4BB3-B861-5BDA2CE284A8.jpeg