• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force v Brumbies 25 March 2022 @ HBF Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiraag

Larry Dwyer (12)
FORCE (1-15): Harrison Lloyd, Feleti Kaitu’u (c), Santiago Medrano, Jeremy Thrush, Izack Rodda, Fergus Lee-Warner, Kane Koteka, Brynard Stander, Ian Prior, Jake McIntyre, Manasa Mataele, Bayley Kuenzle, Kyle Godwin, Toni Pulu, Jake Strachan

RESERVES: Andrew Ready, Bo Abra, Greg Holmes, Tim Anstee, Ollie Callan, Issak Fines-Leleiwasa, Reesjan Pasitoa, Richard Kahui,

BRUMBIES (1-15): Scott Sio, Lachlan Lonergan, Sefo Kautai, Darcy Swain, Nick Frost, Rob Valetini, Jahrome Brown, Pete Samu, Ryan Lonergan (c), Rod Iona, Andy Muirhead, Irae Simone, Len Ikitau, Tom Wright, Tom Banks

RESERVES: Billy Pollard, Fred Kaihea, Tom Ross, Tom Hooper, Rory Scott, Nic White, Hudson Creighton, Jesse Mogg

Referee: Angus Gardner
Assistant Referees: Graham Cooper, Jordan Kaminski

A real opportunity for the Force here with the Brumbies resting their front row and Lolesio.
The Force also boosted by the return of Koteka, Pulu and I guess Godwin, although he's probably actually a downgrade from Kahui. Would've liked to see Pasitoa starting over Mcintyre and Anstee at 8 also, but a good looking Force team nonetheless.

The Force surely have to make the Brumbies pay for taking the game somewhat lightly

Last edited:

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Don't think the Brumbies are resting Lolesio, he went off with an ankle injury last week.

Thalium

Larry Dwyer (12)
Some Exciting Match ups to look forward to

Toni Pulu vs Tom Wright
Manasa Mataele vs Andy Muirhead
Fergue Lee-Warner vs Rob Velentini
Ian Prior vs Ryan Lonergan
Feleti Kaituú vs Lachlan Lonergan
Izzack Rodda and Jeremy Thrush vs Nick Frost and Darcy Swain

As a Force Fan Im excited by this game and is one we can win,

if we limit our use of the Rolling Maul given swain is such a pain at them and go for some of those quick of the top options I think we will do ok at the lineout

without Nic White starting and causing issues with his aggro and general foul play at the ruck to slow the ball I feel we will be able to speed up to the pace we like which should give us the edge on the brumbies forwards

Big key to this game is ensuring we set the pace unlike last time where we allowed the brumbies to slow the game down and introduce a lot of aggro

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Start of the road trip from Hell for the Brumbies. Perth to Brisbane to Fiji? With a bye week at home before the Drua. Not sure where the Drua game will be played but think Fiji was mentioned earlier on.

Force my second team last couple of years and I expect a tough contest but carn the Brumbies.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Start of the road trip from Hell for the Brumbies. Perth to Brisbane to Fiji? With a bye week at home before the Drua. Not sure where the Drua game will be played but think Fiji was mentioned earlier on.

Force my second team last couple of years and I expect a tough contest but carn the Brumbies.
Brumbies bye week is after the Drua game, not before. Drua game is set for Suncorp so they may opt to base themselves in Brisbane for a couple of weeks. After the bye they head to Melbourne for super round. Next home game for the Brumbies is 1st of May in round 11

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Warm muggy conditions in Perth. Koteka back in should provide a bit more interest at the breakdown, mugging wise.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
If you put player against player Brumbies win 13 out of 15. Brumbies have pace, size, aggression and wallabies everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.