• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force v crusaders

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
congrats force!
stubbs put some amazing hits on!
snk played his best game ive ever seen him play
loved the emotion ffrom walton
forwards immense and a great captains knock
why is it they only ever play like that v the saders?>

M

Moono75

We live in bizzaro world. Somehow you just knew we would win this game. Lose the games we should win, win the games we shouldn't. Its the life of a Force fan. Stubbs....was huge tonight on the tackles. Gutsy win...massivley gutsy.

T

tranquility

So happy you lads won this.
Wins like this, make supporting a battling team worth all the while.
I still remember when the Red thumped the Bulls in 2009 vividly.
This should keep the scent in the rag for a long while, their is plenty of talent in the squad.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Lap it up Force fans. I caught the end of the game this morning and genuinely happy for you blokes. You lot deserve that. Let's hope this is the spark that gets the Force on the up.

There was a lot of pride in that performance. The boys dug deep.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Izzy Dagg is going to be having nightmares of Ed Stubbs.

That Walton is the scariest looking human I have ever seen. Just keep playing him for pure fear factor.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Well done to the Force.

You've helped me turn around my Superbru season of shame.

Just wish I actually plonked some $$ on Force by 2.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Woke up a happy man today. Great effort and well deserved an at the same time a bit lucky. The near on 17000 people sounded like 30000 people. That crowed is the loudest I have herd in a long time. Happy days

Hoolly Doolly

Fred Wood (13)
Romano was unlucky not to be awarded a try. it looked good to me but hey....ill take a win any way we can get one.....consider it payback for the first loss we had against the saders thanks to a TMO decision.
It was about time Foley made some overdue changes in the backline.
Stubbs struggled early to cover his area but come back strong. Was talkin to the missus about how dagg seems to mesmerize people with his fancy footwork and defenders just seem to hold back when they should just commit and smash him....seconds later stubbs nails a beauty right on par.
Rosolea isnt as tight in defense as Stanley but gives so much more in attack. The first half he was consistantly getting us over the advantage line. Would like to see Tupou spend some time at 13 which he played very well at last year. Perplexed why foley had persisted in using Tupou for so long at Fullback.
A lot has been said about the Stubbs tackles but imho Godwin was awesome in defense.
The wingers and Fullbacks seem to have been starved of the ball as Godwin and Rosolea tend to hit it up more then distribute. Something Godwin can work on as he progresses.
Hodgo had his best game this season which is good to see considering many were wondering if Alcock should start ahead of him. Brown is having a great year.
I would like to see Cotterall come in at 6 or 8 and shift Mcalman to the second row against the Hurricanes.
Happy days

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Kyle Godwin and Bam Bam Pocock - One current champion, one future champion - Both Zimbop born.

How many other great footballers come from there?

T

tranquility

Bob Skinstad is the obvious one.

Kyle Godwin, truly looks the goods. I hope he never leaves the Force.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
When did this kid arrive in Oz? Wikipedia has him as attending Aquinas college in WA. Is that a Perth Rugby Power house?

How much credit can Rugby WA take for this lads development?

It is good to see some good'uns coming up through the ranks in WA, untainted by Eastern states influence and development.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
What's the consensus around a 12. Godwin 13. Rasolea centre pairing? Godwin constantly improving in defence and attack, and Rasolea looking sharp in attack, albeit he still has room for improvement in defence, but it looks damn good for the Force!

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
When did this kid arrive in Oz? Wikipedia has him as attending Aquinas college in WA. Is that a Perth Rugby Power house?

How much credit can Rugby WA take for this lads development?

It is good to see some good'uns coming up through the ranks in WA, untainted by Eastern states influence and development.
He moved to perth in 2000 so he would have been about 10.

Aquinas is one of the PSA private school which has a very good rugby program as well as his local club associats.

He was spotted very early on and has been part of the force acadamys since day dot so alot of kudos go tp rugby wa and hopefully many more great talents still to come.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Grandmaster Flash

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Loved the emotion shown by Walton at the end. He was impressive when he came on and looks like a total monster.

SNK/Godwin/Rosolea a good looking combo. Let's hope the Force bring the same intent and execution next week!

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Waltons such an eye catcher. Even the way he walks tells you he is looking for a fight. The trick for him will be to keep the mongrel and improve on his accuracy as well. Looking like he is the hulks little brother will keep him on the refs radar unfortunately.

Try-ranosaurus Rex

Darby Loudon (17)
The creativity coming out of Australia is exceptional. The Reds and Brumbies have both selected referees and now the Force have co-opted random crowd members onto the pay roll. Innovation is alive and well in Australian rugby

This from Gregor PaUL over on NZ Herald....

Is it me or were the pitch invaders painted in red and black.... Looks like Gregor's one-eye is colour blind.

Status
Not open for further replies.