• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force v Hurricanes 2011R15

Status
Not open for further replies.

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
Yeh probably, havent seen him on the team sheets for sunnybank yet and Matt Lucas has been playing ahead of him. But he played last year against the canes and looked solid if not spectacular. And seeing as the force have no cover at the moment he could have proved useful.

Well we could always call Sam Harris back for another crack at 10 haha

Lance Free

Arch Winning (36)
Hurricanes v Western Force
Friday, 27 May 2011 at FMG Stadium, Palmerston North (New Zealand)
Kick-off: 3.35pm (AWST)

1. Kieran Longbottom
2. Nathan Charles
3. Tim Fairbrother
4. Sam Wykes
5. Nathan Sharpe (Captain)
6. Matt Hodgson
7. David Pocock
8. Ben McCalman
9. Mark Swanepoel
10. James Stannard
11. David Smith
12. Rory Sidey
13. Patrick Dellit
14. Nick Cummins
15. Cameron Shepherd

Reserves

16. Ben Whittaker
17. Matt Dunning
18. Tom Hockings
19. Richard Brown
20. Chris Cottee
21. Mitch Inman
22. Alfie Mafi

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
I for one am
Looking forward
Too it

We néed stanard too get game time so I think that's one good thing too cone out of it. As long as the boys go into the game believing they should be able too have a crack. I'm assuming Shepard will kick. If it's wet we will be not too bad off. Big game from the backrow. We just need some food tactical kicking and who knows.

They will loose this game in the heads before the game starts though.

Go the force!!!!

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Smart selections in the midfield I think. There will be a lot of traffic through those channels and with the personnel available, I think choosing two big tackling bruisers is the right call. It won't be flashy, but what can you do?

AkRiD

Allen Oxlade (6)
I for one am
Looking forward
Too it

It's an interesting set up and could be an interesting game to watch. Glad Stannard is getting some game time now, hope he has a cracker.

Unfortunately I'll be at uni during the game, so I'll be forced to watch live score updates..... ehhh it's just not the same, although it may prevent some considerable pain if it goes as expected.

Well... CARN THE FORCE!!!!

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
This is the one game when I will let the Force get off the hook with ugly rugby. However they can't kick it away unless the ball goes into the stands.

They need to really give it to the Canes forwards which can be done, especially without Hore. Target the set-piece and keep the ball for as long as possible.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I'd go along with that Qwerty. With the loss of personnel, there is no choice but to play a tight game and try to rough up the Canes pack. If too much ball gets into the hands of Nonu and Smith, look out.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
Lets home Stannard takes this opportunity and plays out of his skin. After being such a superstar in 7's, he seems to have all skills to make it in the XV game. Looking forward to it!

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
I have a horrible feeling we are going to get flogged :(

And three weeks ago id pencilled this game in as a win. Like last weekend as well :(

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Patrick Dellit would have to be in consideration for Rookie of the year.

He would be though Vaea and Pyle would probably be in front of him. He lacks top pace as many Force backs do (and those of the Rebels, Brumbies, and healthy Tahs at the minute) but he is playing closer to the utmost of his ability than most Oz Super players are. You couldn't ask for anything else.

So Stannard is starting at flyhalf? I thought he would be the 9 and Swanepoel the 10, but it's the other way around. I can't recall that I've ever seen him play there; so let's hope that his excellent 7s quarterbacking can be transposed to the XV man game. I don't rate Swanepoel, never have; but I hope that he makes me write a retraction.

T

tranquility

He would be though Vaea and Pyle would probably be in front of him. He lacks top pace as many Force backs do (and those of the Rebels, Brumbies, and healthy Tahs at the minute) but he is playing closer to the utmost of his ability than most Oz Super players are. You couldn't ask for anything else.

So Stannard is starting at flyhalf? I thought he would be the 9 and Swanepoel the 10, but it's the other way around. I can't recall that I've ever seen him play there; so let's hope that his excellent 7s quarterbacking can be transposed to the XV man game. I don't rate Swanepoel, never have; but I hope that he makes me write a retraction.

He looked more like a 10 though in his 7's career didn't he? I am looking forward to seeing some of his play making ability

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I think i remember reading they gave Stannard a go at #10 in the pre-season (for less than a half of rugby though). I'm guessing he has always been 4th in line for the jersey.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I think the Force's chances in this game depend on Stannard playing out of his skin. If he directs them around the park like he did our seven's team last year this could be a major upset. His short kicking game is good but his long game is a mystery to me.

I looked through the two packs man for man and I reckon the Force is well in front. If they can starve Nonu and keep bashing it up with Stannard jink-kicking over the top of the Hurricane pack for the loosies to chase they are a real chance. But they have to believe in themselves. The pack is clearly better. Believe it and then go out and play like it. That's all they have to do.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Why hasn't Alfi Mafi been given a chance to start in the centres? I know this is a big step up from schoolboys but I remember him going well at both 12 and 13, at a very elite schools level.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Why hasn't Alfi Mafi been given a chance to start in the centres? I know this is a big step up from schoolboys but I remember him going well at both 12 and 13, at a very elite schools level.

He has the attack. But i think his defence is suspect in the centres. I've seen him miss a lot of key tackles when he has come on in the past.

In a few seasons i think he will fit in at 12 or 13 nicely though.

Status
Not open for further replies.