• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force v Moana, Round 3 Saturday March 11

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
As the saying goes 'it doesn't matter how, it's how many' and in the end we had just enough to scrape over the line. Commendable composure to come back and chip away, particularly with all the cards. Not setting the world on fire and we need to get the basics right. Into the season and need another few rounds to figure out where everyone sits. Rahboni was very good at 8, making some nice runs and picking up MOtM. Can we keep him please!

Feel a bit sorry for Moana, they've been in every game and a win can't be far off. NZ tour for the Force will set.up the season.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
As the saying goes 'it doesn't matter how, it's how many' and in the end we had just enough to scrape over the line. Commendable composure to come back and chip away, particularly with all the cards. Not setting the world on fire and we need to get the basics right. Into the season and need another few rounds to figure out where everyone sits. Rahboni was very good at 8, making some nice runs and picking up MOtM. Can we keep him please!

Feel a bit sorry for Moana, they've been in every game and a win can't be far off. NZ tour for the Force will set.up the season.
Moana were just so much more dynamic in that game and elements of their all round game keep improving. Tactically they were playing the right game for their strengths, finding so much space on the edges and in behind. Those kick passes were very effective and well executed. I think if Christian Leali'ifano had been on the field they win that game. They just needed a little more composure and smarts about their play to close that one out. They should have closed the game out with that failed rolling maul. Why they didn't pull it out and push it wide when they were up a player I'm not sure, but they left the door open for a kick-able penalty to the Force.

Well done Force to grind out a win.

Last edited:

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Not sure how we've managed to let RWV go. Bloke is huge, makes meters in contact and puts big hits on. Probably would have ditched Harris and stuck with RWV.

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Interesting to see Adam Coleman was at the game last night. He would be handy to slot into the Force team.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
I don't know what to think about this game or the force this year. Majority of the team played very poorly. The heart seems to be gone for me. Mataele summed it up when he almost gave away a try to Moana because he didn't want to dive on a ball and put himself in a vulnerable position. The boys are not chasing hard, just seem to not be in it for WA. I hope I'm wrong.
But...
To win the game with 2 men down was pretty impressive. Anstee for the win with a ridiculous charge down.

The refereeing was atrocious. Both ways. Not awarding genuine pilfers, awarding pilfers that where not legit. Letting Moana clean out in the side all night and off feet all night and then randomly blowing 2 penalties for it in a row against the force.

The first force yellow shows that we haven't got the laws right. The Moana player literally dropped his head and headbutted force players shoulder who wasn't even attempting a tackle and gets sent off.

This game will go along way to build some heart in thw force team but I can't see us beating many teams this year at this stage.

Moana looked decent for a team that is 2 years in. They lost and handling errors hurt them.

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
@Shiggins need to remember this is a rebuilding squad and with new players it takes time to build the team chemistry. I think they'll get there, they proved they had heart by not letting it slip when down to 13 men. If we had Rodda and Pasitoa in all the better. We are still shy of a super star or two to give the team an X factor threat.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Anyway, gutsy effort by the boys last night. They shut the Pasifika down in defence pretty well in the second half and gradually worked their way into the contest. Never any doubt about the desire or heart that these boys show.

I fear for the next few weeks though, where our relative lack of class across the paddock will count against us.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Why is Issack Fines not starting? He’s 2 levels above all other options. Plenty of refinement required, but when he’s on the field things happen, almost always positive.

D-Box

Ron Walden (29)
Why is Issack Fines not starting? He’s 2 levels above all other options. Plenty of refinement required, but when he’s on the field things happen, almost always positive.
I think the thought is that he is not structured enough and does better running riot for 30 against tired defense

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
@Shiggins need to remember this is a rebuilding squad and with new players it takes time to build the team chemistry. I think they'll get there, they proved they had heart by not letting it slip when down to 13 men. If we had Rodda and Pasitoa in all the better. We are still shy of a super star or two to give the team an X factor threat.
We had a good team when we got kicked out of the comp. That team could have been top in Aus the following year. It's so frustrating. Look at how well Hardwick is playing. So frustrating.

To me they look to lack effort at times though. And the mataele thing was really evedent. Not willing to put his body on the line for the force. I could be wrong but that's the impression.

Can't wait for pasatoa to come back. Any idea when?

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
We had a good team when we got kicked out of the comp. That team could have been top in Aus the following year. It's so frustrating. Look at how well Hardwick is playing. So frustrating.

To me they look to lack effort at times though. And the mataele thing was really evedent. Not willing to put his body on the line for the force. I could be wrong but that's the impression.

Can't wait for pasatoa to come back. Any idea when?
I thought Pasitoa was.pretty much done for.this year unless he's a quick healer. Force would surely take a conservative timeline with him. I'd be interested in seeing Rupeni Mataele but can't find much on where he's at in the Force player hierarchy.

SteveWA

Charlie Fox (21)
I thought Pasitoa was.pretty much done for.this year unless he's a quick healer. Force would surely take a conservative timeline with him. I'd be interested in seeing Rupeni Mataele but can't find much on where he's at in the Force player hierarchy.
Rehab, much like Pasitoa. The Force are playing the long game with those two.