• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

FORCE v Rebels - Friday 8 April, HBF Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Well we are looking at 4th and 5th oz super rugby side but as neutral what is pleasing is the gap not so large cf early in the season where Rebels woeful.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
So I just turned it on thinking it was 7:45 Perth time. Happy we won disappointed I ruined the result for myself

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Raises the question again should you be able to replace a red carded player after 20 minutes?

Even though it benefited the Rebels tonight, I am not sold on that rule.

I suppose the argument to the contrary is that red cards are probably more stringent than they were in the past, so it is reasonable to be able to replace a player after 20 minutes.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Good to see rebels getting back to super rugby quality (force already were) as they were really woeful and subbie standard in first few games and credit where due as much improved.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Raises the question again should you be able to replace a red carded player after 20 minutes?

Even though it benefited the Rebels tonight, I am not sold on that rule.

I suppose the argument to the contrary is that red cards are probably more stringent than they were in the past, so it is reasonable to be able to replace a player after 20 minutes.
Nah I like the 20 minute red card rule as avoids deciding a game on poor tackle technique but makes sure offending player pays the price

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
To be fair haven’t seen any of the game yet, I should have checked the time.

I feel like we should play games at a more fan friendly time slot for the Force

Status
Not open for further replies.