• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force v Tahs, round 9 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Moono75

One thing I find amazing is that the bookies have the Force starting at $2.70 outsiders against the Tahs at $1.45.

As far as I can see, the only thing that really favours them is the fact that they've never lost in Perth. Certainly they've never come up against a Force team like this that is brimming with confidence after four wins on the trot.

Personally I would have thought it should be very close to even money.

Form based on records more than 12 to 18 months ago is irrelevant. Teams change, coaches change, personnel change. Having a win over a team 5 years ago has no basis for predicting current form.

I guess the discussion in this thread isn't as contested as the Force v Reds thread because the Tahs have been no hopers for so long and never won anything. At least the Reds had won a title.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Form based on records more than 12 to 18 months ago is irrelevant. Teams change, coaches change, personnel change. Having a win over a team 5 years ago has no basis for predicting current form.

I guess the discussion in this thread isn't as contested as the Force v Reds thread because the Tahs have been no hopers for so long and never won anything. At least the Reds had won a title.

Good try Moono, but we're not biting.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
Change of bait and I'll re-cast...I'm sure there's a couple of big fish to land in these waters.
Just wait for someone to stroll in after Friday Lunch...always works :)....also try the old "we havent got a chance agst you guys"......you can then get about 10 posters trying to claim underdog status...

M

Moono75

Just wait for someone to stroll in after Friday Lunch.always works :)..also try the old "we havent got a chance agst you guys"..you can then get about 10 posters trying to claim underdog status.

...the underdog status is a favourite of some other posters...nah...need to get inventive....hmmmmm

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Ha ha - the underdog comp.

Another arrow in the quiver against Force Underdog Claimants (the FUCs) is that the Force are on equal terms with the Australian Conference leaders, the Brumbies in the ladder—ignoring points for and against.

Not the official ladder but the LG ladder which divides the number of ladder points by the games played (the Brumbies have played an extra game).

Both teams average 3 points per game out of a possible 5.

"But Lee that means the Waratahs should be the overdogs because they average 3.33 ladder points per game played," the FUCs would say.

Good point—I'll get back to you later, you FUCs.

M

Moono75

Ha ha - the underdog comp.

Another arrow in the quiver against Force Underdog Claimants (the FUCs) is that the Force are on equal terms with the Australian Conference leaders, the Brumbies in the ladder—ignoring points for and against.

Not the official ladder but the LG ladder which divides the number of ladder points by the games played (the Brumbies have played an extra game).

Both teams average 3 points per game out of a possible 5.

"But Lee that means the Waratahs should be the overdogs because they average 3.33 ladder points per game," the FUCs would say.

Good point—I'll get back to you later, you FUCs.

I see what your doing with the underdog thing. Your employing WANKERS. Very smart!

Warratahs Appear Neutral Keeping Expectations Realistic Strategy!

M

Moono75

I just hope that strategy doesn't blow up in their face come Saturday

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
Coach Foley to go conservative, Force players to give up many penalties, lots of early penalty goals to Tahs, ref to get frustrated, Tahs by 8+.

Status
Not open for further replies.