• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force v Tahs, round 9 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
5 in a row. I'm not gonna lie, as a Force fan I'm a little bit in disbelief.

Tell me about it. I have been wondering for the past three weeks when the bubble will burst and we'll see a return of the 'old Force'. This is awesome. I think we've refined our style to the point that we can take on anyone in the competition.

With the injuries we've had, I am really worried about the Rebels next week. But between the Rebels and the Bulls we have to have our eye on at least one more win before the bye the round after.

T

tranquility

Not 'down' with either.

Just not 'down' with endlessly whinging which you most definately are 'down' with.

:)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Right. A fence doesn't make for a very comfortable seat.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Beale was awful.
All across field with his bullshit flick passes blaming all and sundry for his mistakes from what I could see and then bagging Gardiner.
Cheika's recent behaviour legitimises lack of discipline in the players.
Good luck to the force - NIB is a fantastic ground to watch rugby at.

Epi

Dave Cowper (27)
Not sitting on the fence just old school. If a player backchats march them 20 meters or yellow card, whatever. Citing a player for swearing? Seriously?

Moore's 'punch'? Nothing in it. He was cleared.

I think some folks are just way too precious.

M

Moono75

Looks like WANKERS didnt work out this week in comparrison to the FUC strategy.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
Well they really are. Look at what McKenzie basically had to say. Currently I'm not sure anyone except badger would make the run on 15 for the Wallabies.

If Palu is injured maybe McCalman at 8. Hodgo might make the bench. But realistically it could also just be the badger in the whole 23.

They are wining purely on attitude and that can desert you as quickly as you find it. Get a bit tired, have a few tight ones go against you and your back the start. I don't think that will happen, Force to play in their first final series, but the foundation for our success could be described as slightly more shakey than other final contenders.
The best thing I am seeing now is that the close games are going the Forces way. In previous years they wouldn't have.
That Highlanders win is the biggest win this team has ever had.

Hammeroid

Chris McKivat (8)
Great force win, Very happy. However we lost many players to injury and don't like that. Hopefully Hayward comes back next week and fills in fullback and Haylett petty come to wing. Also Marcel was great at 13, tackled his heart out. Solid!!

T

tranquility

Not sitting on the fence just old school. If a player backchats march them 20 meters or yellow card, whatever. Citing a player for swearing? Seriously?

Moore's 'punch'? Nothing in it. He was cleared.

I think some folks are just way too precious.

No worries, G I Joe - let me know how that goes for you.

Hammeroid

Chris McKivat (8)
ohh Watched replay again and during Cummins second try Alby can be seen in the background giving an elbow to crawford after the tackle, could be cited for that

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Anyone see the press conference and can say if Cheika had a spray or not?

No spray. I thought he handled the presser admirably. You'd be mighty pissed off after that game. So many coulda woulda shouldas. So many times the Tahs nearly opened the flood gates. He held it together. Acknowledged the things the Tahs need to work on. Acknowledged the things the Force did well. Props to him.

Nipper

Ward Prentice (10)
Great force win, Very happy. However we lost many players to injury and don't like that. Hopefully Hayward comes back next week and fills in fullback and Haylett petty come to wing. Also Marcel was great at 13, tackled his heart out. Solid!!

Definitely, the injury toll was worrying. Since we lost MMM and Alcock, I've been concerned about the depth of the back row, especially considering how hard they've been going at it week in and week out. How many games in a row can Hodgo go at it like that for a full 80? (hope I'm proven wrong - no jinx) Then, when I saw Tessman come in for Stander for a blood bin, my worries increased 10x!

Brache was like a demon on defense, as was CTM in his short stint. Still no idea what either of them can do in attack, though.

And good on Haylett-Petty for putting in 60' with the mighty Cott, then rocking up for warmups and then straight into his second game of the day!

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
I feel asleep when I got home from the Rats game and have just watched the Rebels game and this one.

That was a wonderful exhibition of rugby from the injury-depleted Force and although I'm disappointed that my team lost you can't feel too bad when you've seen our sport played with such passion and grit by an Aussie team.

I actually whooped when Cummins did that intercept for his first try. Maybe I wouldn't have if I knew what the final score was going to be but the guy is just an Aussie rugby hero and you had to be excited.

They forced (ha) a lot of errors on the Tahs who didn't handle it well and sometimes they made mistakes without any help. They looked a lot like the old Waratahs,

There was a CSA calvary general called Nathan Bedford Forrest, one of the few natural geniuses of the American Civil War, and he is quoted as saying to his officers: "Get there fustest with the mostest."

That applies in rugby too: the Force got to the breakdown first with the most players when it mattered. Nobody worried how big they, or the Tahs, were.

Forrest also said:"Get 'em skeered and keep the skeer on 'em". The Force did that too.

I am happy for the Force team, and the franchise, and I hope they keep their streak going.

The person I am most pleased for is Michael Foley—a thoroughly decent individual.

Langthorne

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Whilst it was no fun losing, I like the tenacity of the Force (and have always loved the Honey Badger's work). It is great to see the Force and the Rebels playing well, and to see 3 Aussie teams in the top 6.

The Waratahs had a lot of possession, but lacked patience and accuracy. It was frustrating to watch, but there were enough good things about their performance to suggest all is not yet lost. They probably can't afford to be this sloppy if they want to get higher up the table.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Phipps should be sent off for talking like that to the AR...

I thought the same, couldn't believe that it wasn't even penalised. Phipps should really be concentrating on not skipping sideways every time he picks up the ball. No wonder Cummins was able to take an intercept. Still can't believe we bought this guy. No improvement on McKibbin, who can at least kick goals.

Last night was a good old-fashioned Waratahs implosion, which many of us have seen before.

I was disturbed about the lack of plan B last night. One might even say that Cheika was outcoached last night (and doesn't that stick in the throat). Force defence up flat and nullified the Waratahs attack, who just kept doing the same thing for 80 minutes. All teams are entitled to a bad game, but that performance wasn't top 4 stuff.

Well done Force, good gutsy win.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Hardly outcoached - "rush defence nullifies an attack that wants space, you say? Cryptic, yet interesting". Only individual brainfarts can fuck that up.

Phipps is Uni alumnus. No shock that he's overrated.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
meh, we could have won by twenty and ended up getting done by some great counter attack, defence and attitude.

Well done to the Force, great job

Status
Not open for further replies.