• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Fox Sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pete88

Don't start this thread. I had to deal with Channel Nine and what I suspect was a delayed trophy presentation. :(

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
It was a superb use of 6 weeks, well done Fox Sports.

How is this for a new FoxSports channel - Australian Sporting Heroes.

The channel broadcast replays of great Australian victories 22 hours a day. Any sport to which they can get footage is fair game.

The slot between 10pm and midnight each evening is "Trophy time" - play a match that Australia won a trophy for, then show the medal presentation. Great for watching when you get home from the pub.

Another dedicated 2 hour slot would be "So close", one for the sadist where we played our hearts out only to be pipped at the post.

Steven Bradbury will feature on all promotional material, and if interested he's got the job of anchorman.

Click Agree if you'd watch this channel..

A

Army_Gav

I had a few beers earlier this month and came up with a great concept for a new channel - Australian Sporting Victories. This is a fairly simple idea, the channel broadcast replays of Australian victories 24 hours a day. Replay a mix of any sport to which they can get footage, the only restriction is that we win.

Between 10pm and midnight each evening is Trophy time - here they play a match that Australia won a trophy for. Great for watching when you get home from the pub.
Start with the Americas Cup and work our way to the present?

Schadenfreude

John Solomon (38)

I had a few beers earlier this month and came up with a great concept for a new channel - Australian Sporting Victories. This is a fairly simple idea, the channel broadcast replays of Australian victories 24 hours a day. Replay a mix of any sport to which they can get footage, the only restriction is that we win.

Between 10pm and midnight each evening is Trophy time - here they play a match that Australia won a trophy for. Great for watching when you get home from the pub.

Hire a hooker if you need someone to wank you off tbh... you could hire a copy of "happy little elves in tinkly winkly town" if you can't bear disappointment.

A

Army_Gav

Plenty of old classics I'd love to watch again, and that would be right up there.

Take that yanks!
[video=youtube;-oPC0lYVakA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oPC0lYVakA[/video]

More of this, all day long. Gives you goosebumps
[video=youtube;jevTl3txsSw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jevTl3txsSw[/video]

P

pete88

The first three are events that do nothing for me as a sporting patriot. A horse, a car and a great player in decline saving his spot in a Test we lost.

And Bradbury... lol.

nugget

Jimmy Flynn (14)
The first three are events that do nothing for me as a sporting patriot. A horse, a car and a great player in decline saving his spot in a Test we lost.

And Bradbury... lol.

Cadel is truly great. But the hoo haa about the steve waugh 100 i never got, everyone goes on about it like he hit the winning runs on the last ball of a test to win the series or something.

So badly want Fox but can't bring myself to pay the Murdochs cash money every month, just can't. It's sad.

P

pete88

Yeah, no disrespect to Cadel (that video was made before this year's tour as well!), I was referring to Brock/Holden lapping the field in the Bathurst 1000, Makybe Diva and Steve Waugh's most overhyped century. Jamaica 1995 all the way.

FANATIC

Fred Wood (13)
I love fox sports, please put a monitor in my coffin just incase I am not actually dead and don't forget the remote.

I think I saw 46 of the 48 games plus lots of old classics.

ah come on , Bradbury has become an aussie legend just because of the way he won by accident rather than the actual win.
It is classicly aussie to subscribe to win by just turning up and NOT falling over.
It has even entred the aussie vernacular ie; He just did a Bradbury.

So Moses, please pitch your wonderful idea and we can all say that we saw it here first ;)

Oh, and we could add a slot for some 'almost got it' sporting events good example; Pat Rafter five set battle in the 2001 Wimbledon final loss to Goran Ivanisevic Oh and that 2003 RWC final that I still can't watch the end of.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
There'd be a 3 Bradbury / day KPI, he'd also feature on any advertising material for the network. Maybe he'd even be up for an anchor role, introduce each show... embrace the Bradbury.

Oh, and we could add a slot for some 'almost got it' sporting events good example; Pat Rafter five set battle in the 2001 Wimbledon final loss to Goran Ivanisevic Oh and that 2003 RWC final that I still can't watch the end of.
That's got legs, maybe a 2 hour slot each day... but not when I'm up!

FANATIC

Fred Wood (13)
There'd be a 3 Bradbury / day KPI, he'd also feature on any advertising material for the network. Maybe he'd even be up for an anchor role, introduce each show... embrace the Bradbury.

You are an IDEAS MAN.

Anchor role!!!

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

P

pete88

Yeah I watched the race live by pure chance, I was in the UK at the time and the commentators afterwards just about slit their wrists because now Australia were world champion speedskaters on top of the Rugby League, Rugby Union, Cricket, Netball, Tiddlywinks etc. I think we'd literally just beaten them at soccer as well? It was about that time. Anyway I pretty much cracked a rib laughing. I guess it was a great moment for different reasons, no display of skill or dominance, but farking funny.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Cadel in the Tour de France this year would have to be Australia's finest sporting moment, Cathy Freeman and America's Cup battling out for minor placings. Loved the soccer qualifying in penalty shoot-outs, had we won that 2003 RWC that would be up there took but personally rate Larkham's drop goal above that and the win in hong kong.

Have to say though, Australia has done some amazing things in the swimming pool and wouldn't it be great to re-watch our glory days of track and field, the younger generations have nothing to aspire to watching our current athletes like Pearson and Hooker, bring out De Castella and the long distance runners of old!

Status
Not open for further replies.