• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Fox Sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I would be happy for a fox contact sports channel. If it doesn't colide with somthing else with impact it can bugger off onto a channel dedicated to wimpy sports.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I forgot Media Puzzle, I rank that individual effort far more inspirational than Makybe Diva

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
I don't even mind watching games we lose, if there is a good reason to do so. I was flying Air NZ a few weeks ago and watched a replay of the 1996 bled in windington, then one in driving rain that the ABS's flogged us. Found it fascinating, firstly due to the quality of the AB's play that day and especially since the nucleaus of the Aus team that won the Bledislow 2 years later and the RWC 3 years later were mostly there for that game.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Bradbury is an absolute champion. He was a bloke who gave himself every opportunity to win. Trained for years knowing he wasnt the best, in a sport no one cares about and when the time came he stepped up and won it. His victory is just as sweet but in a different way.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Bradbury is an absolute champion. He was a bloke who gave himself every opportunity to win. Trained for years knowing he wasnt the best, in a sport no one cares about and when the time came he stepped up and won it. His victory is just as sweet but in a different way.

The best thing about Bradbury's win was that he only qualified to the semi-finals because people fell over in his QF. Then he only qualified to the final because three people fell in his semi. Then in the final, well you know the rest...

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)

He played what's in front of him. It's the Australian way you know.

Schadenfreude

John Solomon (38)
Geez mate I didn't think it was that bad an idea...

Maybe my comment went a bit too far (sorry) ... but you know they'll just play Rugby League, Surf Lifesaving, Triathlon?, AFL, Swimming, and Rowing... and we'll get replays of Oz Vs Russia for rugby.

Schadenfreude

John Solomon (38)
"..and we've returned to the Olympic Shooting... where you can't actually see any of the action - but take our word for it - it' jolly exciting"

FANATIC

Fred Wood (13)
Maybe my comment went a bit too far (sorry) ... but you know they'll just play Rugby League, Surf Lifesaving, Triathlon?, AFL, Swimming, and Rowing... and we'll get replays of Oz Vs Russia for rugby.

Gee you seem to be a glass half empty sort of dude/et
don't you like any sport other than rugby?
btw I love Russian rugby, but then my glass is half full

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I often enjoy watching sport when we lose, but don't tend to watch replays of these games.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I woke up this morning and turned on fox sports 3, there was no rugby on and it made me sad.

That said, just want to say, fantastic effort by fox, I think FS3 has averaged about 20 hours a day on in my house. Coverage was great and I look forward to it getting bigger and better over the coming years.

Exactly the same feeling at 12:08 am last night. It all came crashing to the grinding halt last night.
To rub it in, Fecking Australians Next Top Model is on the TV here as penance. La Jarse is also trying to delete RWC games off Foxtel IQ. I have to find some way to save the games or download them somehow!

After 6 weeks of 24/7 Rugby on Fox Sports 3 channel, and only one replay of the Final, they have cut to the golf. 4 more years! :(

La Jarse will be reclaiming the remote control, and I will be expected to do some housework. My time in the sun as master of the Chez Jarse has ended with a thump.

It has been worth it but 4 more years to games in the middle of the night. Hmmmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.