• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

France v Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
The biggest mistake in the game was the bench selection and then bringing on Horne for Lealifanio at 12.

It left us with one player who can kick okish Foley and he got caught under a ruck so Horne had to clear.. A fucking mare of a kick. Which then meant pulling Tomane for Quade, and a total cluster fuck of a backline line-up. To'omua on the bench maybe for cover.

Next Horwill injured or pulled and having Skelton as your only backup for 35 mins of a fast test match, where he played like a fat mare.

Let's not talk about the breakdown where we had only Big dog in the backrow moving bodies and while size isn't everything we lacked punch. And our only change up being Hodgson who's smaller.

How bout Jones on the bench his just a bigger fucking body.

This loss lands fairy and squarely on the coaching staff, and the shit box of selection.

Don't get me started on exiting our half this fucking run in from under your own posts is dumb rugby. Our lineout was pressuring theirs kick the fucking ball out 40 metres down field.

Never thought I'd say this but thank fuck Higgers is back next week.

Beefcake

Bill Watson (15)
Has TGC flown Phibbs over as well - FFS.
Simmons butchered a kickoff exit with abysmal body height, even by Skelton's standards, and damn near butchered the next one on the same basis.
Cheika attack system has now been revealed in its full Tahs glory: last minute offloads. No plan to reliably get to the gain line, just a plan that if you do happen to cross the gain line flick it up and hope for the best.
Works in S 15 but not in tests.
The transfer of pressure by merely passing to the outside man when behind the gain is the #1 problem.
KB (Kurtley Beale)'s preferred lateral running will not change that when TGC rings him in this week.
Winning would have been a travesty and would have delayed the soul searching that is necessary.

Didnt think Phibbs added anything extra, but still top 2 hb - Genia to overtake by end of tour

Well if you compare Simmon with Horwill, he was miles ahead and everyone made errors - Simmons was more physical, something I dont necessarily attribute to his skillset

And yet last minute offloads scored points and when the Wobs looked most potent all game, if you've ever glance above those rose-tinted glasses you'd notice test rugby is pressure rugby and there is no where to hide or alleviate pressure other than when the ball is out of play. You can only re-direct the pressure - turning defence into offence -

At least KB (Kurtley Beale) thinks outside the square and has a go, unlike Foley who seems to revert like flaccid foreskin - for all his kicking this game showed him up for being a one trick pony.

Winning, is a lost mantra on Aus rugby? Why turn up at all :\

P

Paradox

Skelton should not be thrown on the scrap heap. He's got plenty of good traits and is a point of difference. However, his scrummaging, lineout and fitness needs work.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Don't you call me an idiot. you made a poor argument you can't backup. Are you a mod? This is a personal attack and contrary to the rules of this forum. Ban yourself.

So there were no poor scrums prior to the penalty scrum?
Fair call, I should not have called you an idiot. I have removed the offending word.
If one of the other mods wants to warn / ban me, fair enough. Thems the rules.
I stand by my opinion that Alexander is a poor technician currently, and I am not alone in this.

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
Another thing I don't think we did well enough was test the limits of what Owens would let us get away with at the ruck. Aside from the yellow card, he let the French get away with blue murder at the breakdown. Hodgson on earlier/2011/12 Pocock would have gotten the most out of that, but we just couldn't tonight.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Good to hear. I didn't see it. It might be worth starting him then - Cheika has to bite the bullet and use the last 2 games to tinker a bit I think. I'd like to see To'omua at 12 if Cooper starts.

Back to the future hey Cyclopath? Easily the best 10/12 combo we've had in the past couple of years, but unfortunately (for Aus rugby) think it's more likely we will see Foley/Beale.

P

Paradox

Fair call, I should not have called you an idiot. I have removed the offending word.
I stand by my opinion that Alexander is a poor technician currently, and I am not alone in this.

Thanks mate. I am not here to defend Alexander. He is poor technically but he wasn't the cause of the loss as some are painting him to be. He wasn't even the single cause of the scrummaging problems. Kepu also struggled as soon as Skelton came on.

Back to Alexander, I'm not sure we have anyone else at this point who do better. Longbottom, Palmer and even Ma'afu would be handy.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)

We are all hurting here, but let's not start verbally "shirt-fronting" each other to relieve the frustration. I plan to do some laps in our pool, then mow the lawns to relieve mine!!

T

TOCC

Don't you call me an idiot. you made a poor argument you can't backup. Are you a mod? This is a personal attack and contrary to the rules of this forum. Ban yourself.
Don't throw stones... You also called someone's post "moronic"

Reactions: Tex

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Thanks mate. I am not here to defend Alexander. He is poor technically but he wasn't the cause of the loss as some are painting him to be. He wasn't even the single cause of the scrummaging problems. Kepu also struggled as soon as Skelton came on.

Back to Alexander, I'm not sure we have anyone else at this point who do better. Longbottom, Palmer and even Ma'afu would be handy.
This is the problem.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Right now we are the worst team in the world, last week we were the best team in the world and we were going to win the next WC

:(

T

TOCC

Semantics, the point is don't make antagonising posts and get upset when someone does the same to you..

As for the game, it was lost in the first 20min, the Wallabies as a team looked completely disinterested and half asleep... Plenty of mistakes by players across the field, sloppy turnovers and poor execution for the majority of the match.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I will add a positive young Finger is stacking his claim for the number 2 jersey he really wants a WC birth. Well done chap.

Status
Not open for further replies.