• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

France v Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
we just chopped and changed our coach I think there's plenty of scope for chopping and changing. I suspect the team we see this weekend will be much different than the one that runs out during next year's Rugby Championship.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
I'm more than a little firm imagining that tbh

Fucken oath.

Phipps
Lealiifano
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
Kuridrani
Beiber
Speight
Folau

I think is actually the best that could be put out there. Very balanced, lots of aggression, decent size, lots of speed, decent kicking options.

Hmm

Genia
Cooper
+ horses for courses extra back...

T

Train Without a Station

So the best team Australia can put out there involves a bloke playing in a position he has never played (13), after having mixed results playing 12 and a bloke that has been dominant at 13, playing outside a 2nd playmaker, playing a position he has never really played (12). Righto.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
So the best team Australia can put out there involves a bloke playing in a position he has never played (13), after having mixed results playing 12 and a bloke that has been dominant at 13, playing outside a 2nd playmaker, playing a position he has never really played (12). Righto.

With the 10 spending most of the season playing 12.

It would be the greatest backline to not make it out of their pool at RWC 2015!

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
we just chopped and changed our coach I think there's plenty of scope for chopping and changing. I suspect the team we see this weekend will be much different than the one that runs out during next year's Rugby Championship.

yeah, he said before the last game that units who had played in that last bled would get that start, now I suspect he will tinker

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
I just want to see this at some stage before the world cup. This is the best we could have assuming all players in top form.

9 Genia
10 Cooper
11 O'Connor
12 Lilo/To'omua
13 Kuridrani
14 Speight
15 Folau

21 Phipps
22 Foley/ Lilo/To'omua
23 AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)/Hunt

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
yeah, he said before the last game that units who had played in that last bled would get that start, now I suspect he will tinker

Tinker yeah maybe BUT

with all things being equal run on

Slipper Kepu Simmons, Fardy, Hooper Phipps, TK, and Izzy are certainties.

Tinkering will be at
2. Certainty that when Moore and TPN both return will mean Saia and Hanson gone at that time
4 Carter or Horwill - Skelton would need to improve substantially
8. Palu, Higgers, McCalman - probably go with Palu IF FIT
10 (Foley is the incumbant) - but door open for QC (Quade Cooper) if performance warrants
12 Lilo or To'omua - can't separate them
11/14. Speight, Horne,JOC (James O'Connor), AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Tomane and maybe the Badger - I'll tip JOC (James O'Connor) and Speight. Whilst I am a huge supporter of Adam 2 names I think he will be very lucky to keep the others out. He would be a superb reserve covering nearly the whole outside backs positions

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
Cheika will stick with Skelton's physicality somewhere in his 23 heading into RWC 2015, unless a new hard arsed on baller lock emerges.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Higginbottom (is he available) to 6.

I'm struggling to see the attraction of Higginbotham at Test level.

In 2014 he has started twice and come off the bench 5 times.

In both starts he's been subbed at 60 minutes.
Up until that time his average contribution has been:
6 runs for 14 m, ~2 Defenders Beaten, 4 tackles, ~2 Lineouts and a Penalty every other game.

In his 5 showings off the bench (av 22 minutes) (i.e. when the opposition is tiring):
3 runs for 6 m, 3 tackles, 1 Defender Beaten every other game, 1 Lineout and a Penalty every other game.

I acknowledge what Higginbotham USED to offer but can't understand why he's even in the touring party based on these stats.

In summary...if Higgers is the answer then someone's asking the wrong question!!

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
In respect of our backline i wish I could predict the following:
1. How many tries they will score?
2. How many balls they will drop?
3. How many forward passes they will do?
4. How many shitty grubber or box kicks (although I understand the box lick is
banned )?
5. How many shitty line kicks , in general play or defensively from inside the 22?
6. How many missed tackles or less than dominant tackles are made over the advantage line?
7. How many times will they fail to break the line or at least get over it?

Have I left anything out ?

You seem to have covered the current No 10. Now what about the rest of the backline.;) Just joking Tahs' army.

B

Bobby Sands

It's not just the forwards that provide the front foot ball. If you don't have backs that want to hit rucks and secure the ball quick smart then that's a huge issue if you want to play a fast up-tempo game. If backs are constantly 'fanning out' waiting for 1-8 to get there at every collision, then those 1-8 are going to be absolutely spent going into the last quarter of the match.

I watched some of those Irish backs against the Boks and they were superb in that regard.

Once again agreed.

The South Africans have brought over a Scottish bloke as a full-time breakdown expert. He wants all 15 players on the paddock to be proficient at the breakdown and has invented many new breakdown training technologies. Interesting if you haven't seen the video.

However with Speight, Folau, Karmichael, and TK we should generate plenty of front-foot ball and strong bodies at the ruck to not only secure rucks but hopefully turn-over pill?

I'm not sure what everyone is getting so excited about - we could got into the World Cup with the best backline. While we need more than this, they say you need around 5 world XV players to win a WC - right now I say we have at-least two in our back-line. Let's see how JOC (James O'Connor), K, and Speight go over the next 12 months.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Most of our backs are at least proficient at the breakdown.
TK, To'omua, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Folau, Foley, Phipps, Lealifano, Horne and Speight are very good and the others are obviously working on it.
I'd guess that it has been a focal point at the Brumbies and Tahs this last year or so and is now something the Wallabies are working on.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
With the 10 spending most of the season playing 12.

It would be the greatest backline to not make it out of their pool at RWC 2015!

We all know Lealiifano is the best 10, all round.

The back three is the current back three, TK is a huge bastard who would own the 12 jersey if he played there (similar style to Nonu), and Beiber running one man outside a rampaging TK with Speight/Folau etc runnign support lines off his shoulders....well frankly, it fair dinkum gives me a chubby.

Come on, hop on the bandwagon ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.