• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

France v Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Horne is playing his best rugby now... we seem to have three 13s on the field at one time, great defence but need wingers that can finish... Speight just needs international game time and he could ve a RWC winner for the wallabies...

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Keeping TK at 13 stretches the oppositions defence as it takes two players to contain him, opens up room inside for the 10 & 12 to run... Not to mention the outside backs injecting themselves into the back-line channels... I like it puts massive pressure on defenders especially later in the game where players are fatigued...

matt james

Stan Wickham (3)
Over the last week my opinion of Horne has changed a lot.
I thought he was a little bloke trying to play crash-ball style rugby to little effect; obviously that was wrong.
Given he is only 25 and has such versatility I think he is likely to perform a similar role to ACC over the next few years.

BabyBlueElephant

Darby Loudon (17)
France have a very nice backline. The Lopez guy at 10 for them is something special. Very slippery, slick passer, plays lovely little pop passes too.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Fuck. Put a sneaky fiver on Australia by 12.5 points at 4.8 odds. Find out it's been raining in Paris for the week

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Yes Biffo, I'm wearing my 2003 Wallabies jersey today, 'teamed' with my Wallabies boxer shorts!! Mrs D is having her first "cuppa" (tea, not Bundy), for the morning. Enjoy the match.

morning, Mr and Mrs D.

GO WALLABIES!

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Happily. Skelton going ok means he also contributes positively to the set piece as well as getting over the gain line every occasion he has the ball (as is claimed by many of his fans), hitting all rucks within spitting distance and effectively cleaning out every French player over the ball and disrupting every opposition maul (which I don't doubt he will do a good job at).

The other mystery selection imo was the omission of Jones from the bench in place of Hodgson to bring more size and aggression into what is a fairly unbalanced backrow. But that was on the assumption that Carter should have been on the bench. If he has a bump as apparently mentioned by Cheika, then Jones on the bench in place of Skelton.

Just to clarify, I believe the weakness of these selections in the set piece is the only area where the French could set up a win. If they do that, then I believe it is wholly attributable to poor selection in the forwards by the coach.

Sam Carter failed the 'concussion test'.

Status
Not open for further replies.