• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

France vs Wallabies, EOYT 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
canstock4722346.jpg

This game will set the theme for our tilt at bringing Bill home in 2011, and ultimately determine if the EOYT has been a success or not.

Are we up for it as genuine contenders, or are we pretenders?

Our form has been patchy, but the potential is obviously there.

Squad predictions, scoreline predictions as usual.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Same 22, but JOC (James O'Connor) in for McCabe. Tough to say whether Slipper gets the nod, but I'd guess Fat Cat. And Genia will get the nod if fit, but I'd expect Burgess to play a fair few minutes.

1. Fat Cat
2. Squeaky
3. Alexander
4. Simmons
5. Sharpe
6. Rocky
7. Pocock
8. McCalman
9. Genia
10. Quade
11. Schmoooo
12. Barnes
13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14. JOC (James O'Connor)
15. Gilbert

16. Shaft!
17. Slipper
18. Chis
19. Hodgson
20. Burgo
21. Gits
22. Turner

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
1. Slipper
2. Moore
3. Alexander
4. Simmons
5.Sharpe
6. Rocky
7. Pocock
8. Hodgson (Deans will pick McCalman)
9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Mitchell
12. Barnes
14. Turner (Deans will pick JOC (James O'Connor))
15. Beale

Res: 16.TPN 17.Robinson 18.Chisolm 19.McCalman 20. Burgess 21. Giteau 22. JOC (James O'Connor)

Last test of the season we really need to finish on a high we can certainly win this but we need patience in attack.

T

TheTruth

1. Slipper
2. Moore
3. Alexander
4. Simmons
5.Sharpe
6. Rocky
7. Pocock
9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Mitchell
12. Barnes
15. Beale

Res: 16.TPN 17.Robinson 18.Chisolm 19.McCalman 20. Burgess 21. Giteau 22. JOC (James O'Connor)

Last test of the season we really need to finish on a high we can certainly win this but we need patience in attack.

Slipper and Simo should retain starts based on performances. Rackon JOC (James O'Connor) will start as well (whether deserved or not)

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
1. Slipper
2. Moore
3. Alexander
4. Simmons
5.Sharpe
6. Rocky
7. Pocock
9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Mitchell
12. Barnes
15. Beale

Yep, Disco, that would be my team too. I agree with the Robbie-picks you note - would not be surprised if he picks Gits too.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Arseman, completely agree. This game will really set the tone for the next 12 months. We'll either have some momentum and something to build on, or we'll be treading water. There won't be enough time next international season to do much more than we have now, so now is the time to be shoring up those combinations. Every RWC winner has had a settled line up going into the tournament.

I would head into next week with more or less the same team and throw down the challenge to them to step up. France will be very, very formidable at home.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Id prefer Gits before Barnes, besides his goal kicking he didn't offer anything and seemed to be working against Quade. Same team verse England, but swap Hodgeson for McCalman at 8. The reason? I'm pretty much blaming all the forwards for our bad performances, they really need to muscles up, once they do our backline will fire! Only thing that needs to be changed in the backline is Defence especially Quades. Don't mind have Simmonds in for Chislomn either.

W

wolverine

I'd prefer JOC (James O'Connor) to play 12. O'Connor would add more thrust and punch in the midfield than Giteau, and his handling is sufficiently skiful to continue or finish off attacking moves much more than Barnes. Unfortunately Berrick killed off two or three tryscoring opportunities, so IMO it should be either he or Gits for the bench (though it won't be).

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Although I would not advocate changing AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), he has not really been lighting it up on tour - less penetration in attack, missing a few tackles. It highlights the quality of Mortlock in his pomp - although a faint hope, how I would love to see him return in 2011 in champagne form.
Sorry for talking about backs, Lee! ;) I have kind of given up on the forwards showing some collective steel on this tour. I do hope Angry Rocky travels to France, Bam Bam gets an ear transplant, Moore puts his hands on the right way (dropped a few last night) and Sharpey keeps on trucking. But a full pack of mongrel? Dreaming.

T

TOCC

Slipper and Simmons deserve to retain there spots, i'd rather keep Turner on the wing as well, he brings a more physical presence

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
The hard thing I find with the French is that I haven't seen enough of them recently to gauge how they are going at the moment. We know what they are capable of and on their home track we've traditionally had difficulty with them. They, from memory, have a big and pretty mean pack, though I don't reckon their backs are lethal as in times gone past. I think they play a more pragmatic style of footy than they are traditionally known for these days. That probably works against a bit I reckon, given that they will opt for points in a lot of cases. If we aren't accurate at the breakdown and have a solid scrum, we could lose like we did against England.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
I believe it is Bryce Lawrence. By the end of the game the forum will be calling for the immediate return of Christophe Berdot as the referees messiah.

B Lawrence is confirmed as the ref for this match with W Barnes and C Damasco (never heard of him) as AR's.

We can't complain we don't know Lawrence refs after the Munster monstering.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
B Lawrence is confirmed as the ref for this match with W Barnes and C Damasco (never heard of him) as AR's.

We can't complain we don't know Lawrence refs after the Munster monstering.

I'm praying he does a hammy in the warm-up so Barnes has to take over.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Be careful what you wish for. There are several hundred thousand cousie bros across the dutch who have yet to forgive Barnes for his efforts in the Darkness vs Frogs in RWC 07.

Lawrence has been "interesting" this year. Barnes (sorry to my kiwi mates) has been OK.

I really wonder if the referees have been given guidance to be dickheads and inconsistent at scrums and the tackle.

Is this PO'Bs doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.