• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

France vs Wallabies, EOYT 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Be careful what you wish for. There are several hundred thousand cousie bros across the dutch who have yet to forgive Barnes for his efforts in the Darkness vs Frogs in RWC 07.

Lawrence has been "interesting" this year. Barnes (sorry to my kiwi mates) has been OK.

I really wonder if the referees have been given guidance to be dickheads and inconsistent at scrums and the tackle.

Is this PO'Bs doing?
Technically, since PO'B does four-fifths of fuck all of any use, it probably isn't.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Have you guys seen the French destroy the Argie scrum? I almost soiled myself.

Let's hope James and Ben are made of sterner stuff.

MrMouse

Bob Loudon (25)
Nearly Disco's team:

1. Slipper
2. Moore
3. Alexander
4. Simmons
5. Sharpe
6. Rocky
7. Pocock
8. McCalman
9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Mitchell
12. Barnes
13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14. Turner
15. Beale

16.TPN 17.Robinson 18.Chisolm 19. Hodgson 20. Burgess 21. Giteau 22. JOC (James O'Connor)

We can win, it will depend on patience, phase play and a bit on reffing.

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
1. Slipper
2. Moore
3. Alexander
4. Simmons
5. Sharpe
6. Rocky
7. Pocock
8. McCalman
9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Mitchell
12. JOC (James O'Connor)
14. Turner
15. Beale

16.TPN 17.Robinson 18.Chisolm 19. Hodgson 20. Burgess 21. Giteau 22. McCabe

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
1. Slipper
2. Moore
3. Alexander
4. Simmons
5. Sharpe (C)
6. Angry Rocky
7. Pocock
8. Hogson
9. Burgess
10. Cooper
11. Mitchell
12. Barnes
14. Turner
15. Beale

16. TPN, 17. Robinson, 18. Chisolm, 19. McCalman, 20. Genia (on at 55), 21. A Finger (if not sent home yet?), 22. JOC (James O'Connor)

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
The hard thing I find with the French is that I haven't seen enough of them recently to gauge how they are going at the moment. We know what they are capable of and on their home track we've traditionally had difficulty with them. They, from memory, have a big and pretty mean pack, though I don't reckon their backs are lethal as in times gone past. I think they play a more pragmatic style of footy than they are traditionally known for these days. That probably works against a bit I reckon, given that they will opt for points in a lot of cases. If we aren't accurate at the breakdown and have a solid scrum, we could lose like we did against England.

They played every bit as badly as us in the backs against Argentina. Worse.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I also didn't think much about the overall French performance against the Argies, but it looked bloody tough up front.

The French always reserve the right to surprise with an absolute left field act of supreme brilliance. This makes them very dangerous, you can not play that if it is in front of you.

We need to go into this game with at least a Plan A, Plan B and Plan C, and a good means of communicating to all when the plan is to change.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Against the French you can really only play your own kind of game. They can be so mercurial that there's really no defence against it.

I mean, they can do this:

[video=youtube;zGcdjenXlLk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGcdjenXlLk[/video]

How do you defend that?

MrMouse

Bob Loudon (25)
By smashing his arse into touch in any one of four pretty piss poor missed tackles I guess... But I take your point :)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
That pass at 0:15s seemed a bit sus.

Was The Darknesses favourite referee (Barnsey) the referee that day as well? :lmao:

jason

Sydney Middleton (9)
Frog squad announced:

Forwards: Thomas Domingo (Clermont), Jerome Schuster (Perpignan), Luc Ducalcon (Castres), Nicolas Mas (Perpignan), Guilhem Guirado (Perpignan), Wiliam Servat (Stade Toulousain), Lionel Nallet (Racing-Métro), Julien Pierre (Clermont), Jerome Thion (Biarritz), Fulgence Ouedraogo (Montpellier), Julien Bonnaire (Clermont), Thierry Dusautoir (Stade Toulousain, capt.), Sebastien Chabal (Racing-Metro).

Backs: Morgan Parra (Clermont), Dimitri Yachvili (Biarritz), Damien Traille (Biarritz), Fabrice Estebanez (Brive), Yannick Jauzion (Stade Toulousain), Aurelien Rougerie (Clermont), Marc Andreu (Castres), Yoann Huget (Bayonne), Alexis Palisson (Brive), Jerome Porical (Perpignan).

No Harinordoquy in the 22 - very surprising. He had an immense 6 nations and Heineken Cup last season so unless he's been injured/in very poor form lately?

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
I really hope we can do a number on the frogs although nothing except a major thrashing will make this tour a success in my eyes after witnessing the England match.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
1. Slipper
2. Moore
3. Alexander
4. Simmons
5. Sharpe
6. Rocky
7. Pocock
8. McCalman
9. Genia