• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

France vs Wallabies, EOYT 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

S120

Chris McKivat (8)
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) having a ripping game. His straight running is doing the French every time. Moore having another strong game as are Sharpe, Genia, Barnes, Pocock, Cooper. But Benny Robinson has been a huge difference in our performance after the first 35 mins. Been solid in the scrum and been back to his normal dynamic self around the ground. Alexander had to be substituted, deservedly so, and Benny has done very well during his time on.

Tordah

Dave Cowper (27)
If kicking French ass at the last game of the end of year tour means having a great next year, then you guys have a lot to look forward to in 2011.

S120

Chris McKivat (8)
Wow, what a performance in the 2nd half. Shows if we can find a consistent scrum (which we may have with Robinson at LH and Slipper at TH) we can rip open any defence.

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) was MOTM in my eyes. He was just wonderful with his straight running and set up numerous scores.

Robinson coming on was the turning point though IMO. Solidified the scrum well and was back to his dynamic self that we love around the ground. Alexander deserved to be substituted.

Pocock, Elsom, Sharpe were also very solid in the pack and the whole backline was brilliant. Barnes played fantastically well and deserves to keep his spot over Giteau definitely.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Great scoreline - not that great to watch but obviously the win is fantastic. I think the tired French made us look better than we really played. If we were playing England again they would have probably beaten us.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
On AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) - he had a great game, and I remember him having a similar very good game at 13 last time the Wallabies beat the French in Paris, 2008.

Tordah

Dave Cowper (27)
That game was a mixture of French capitulating after 60 minutes or so and Wallabies backline brilliance. And some real great counter rucking turnovers by your forwards, too.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Barnes was pretty ordinary, but Gits' beautiful run 2m forward and 25m sideways (all the way the the sideline!!!) rules him out of contention. Would love to see JOC (James O'Connor) at 12 and Lakkie at 14.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
You know, it was fantastic to see Robbo come back into form. But we still only maybe got parity in the forwards. The French backline was incredibly horrible, and I'm not sure how much to take out of this game.

C

chief

First half was pretty poor. Had momentum but gave no answers to it. Scrum was rubbish, in fact I would say it's a blessing that Alexander was binned. Allowed Robinson to come on.

Now to the 2nd half, I come ont his forum to bag the Wallabies out, but it's hard to fault the 2nd half. Cooper used his backline splendidly allowing Ashley-Cooper to really break the line, and allow him to straighten up and really punish the French. Beale's kicks really played dividend, however I'm still skeptical of Beale and O'Connor's up and under's which I thought were used incorrectly at times. Mitchell and O'Connor are fantastic finishers and showed it today. Genia's wide and combination with Cooper was red hot, Cooper's ability to run on at pace onto the ball, not just Cooper but the forwards, is a real show of faith by Will Genia, and shows the partnership is solid.

Pocock in the 2nd half showed us his class. His turnovers and communication with other forwards really was fantastic. Simmons and Sharpe's air skills were exceptional, and worked well together around the park. Front row needs to be addressed with maybe a little bit of Al Baxter.

D

daz

Sparkling wine rugby in the second half. Fantastic to watch, I must say.

Qwerty and Reddy, I think you are being a bit harsh. Yes, the Frenchies gave up at the 60 minute mark, and yes, against a more dour side we would have had to work harder, but we just beat, no, fucking destroyed France in France at the tail end of a solid NH tour.

Well done lads. Nice way to shut out the year.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
just looked at the pre match...

Australia:
Kurtley Beale: James O'Connor, Adam Ashley-Cooper, Berrick Barnes, Drew Mitchell; Quade Cooper, Will Genia; Ben McCalman, David Pocock, Rocky Elsom (capt); Nathan Sharpe, Rob Simmons; Ben Alexander, Stephen Moore, James Slipper

Replacements: Tatafu Polota-Nau, Benn Robinson, Mark Chisholm, Scott Higginbotham, Luke Burgess, Matt Giteau, Lachie Turner

would love to see higgers' get a run, he's devastating in open play. Not sure about JOC (James O'Connor) instead of barnes kicking but if he misses a couple barnes can always take over.

my projected rating for the team

Australia:
Kurtley Beale - 9 expect kurtley to be pouncing like a cat tonight.
James O'Connor - 7 the break will leave O'Connor off the beat for the first 20 minutes
Adam Ashley-Cooper - 6.5 with another quiet night
Berrick Barnes - 6.5 will take over goal kicking at 20 mins but squander opportunity's in attack with his shit passing game
Drew Mitchell - impact player. 7
Quade Cooper - 8 he worked on his Defense last week and the french plan to send objects down the ten channel will fail epically (chabal is an object). Expect the quade to punish them in attack with his passing and stepping game
Will Genia - 7 solid game predicted
Ben McCalman - 6.5 neh poor defense... needs to make more tackles. hopefully a good run.
David Pocock will own as usual. On fire. 9
Rocky Elsom (capt) - 8.5 - storming runs in attack and great defense
Nathan Sharpe - sharpy will carry it over the advantage line every time. 7
Rob Simmons - after a strong start last week i expect another solid performance. 6.5
Ben Alexander - 6 - needs to get a bit more involved from what i've seen
Stephen Moore - beastly runs and defense will give him the edge - 8.5
James Slipper - good game last week. solid all round. 7
Replacements:
Tatafu Polota-Nau - don't know., Benn Robinson - won't come on unless someone gets owned, Mark Chisholm - wont come on, Scott Higginbotham - looking forward to him playing, Luke Burgess - will hopefully make an impact., Matt Giteau dont know, Lachie Turner dont know

patheitc Spike. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) deserved at least a 9. How could you not know that pre-match?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Anyone see QC (Quade Cooper) in defence?

Where did Dingo hide him? For a channel that the Frogs were going to target, not having him around to target may have stuffed Livrement's big ugly non-runt bastard monsters.

Reactions: Ham
T

TOCC

i think i saw Quade make about 3 tackles throughout the match, didnt see him miss any either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom