• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

G&GR Fantasy Super Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
3 of my 4 backrowers are either injured or benched. Am going to have to play Whiteley who is on the bench. Thanks John Mitchell you fucking clown. My other 14 will be starting, although I am worried about Poki's injury and Payne's ability to score from FB.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Thankfully I saved three transfers, which will now be used to cover for Whiteley and Doppies, plus Beale which I was holding onto. Plus it forces me to damn well play Lam, which I was trying to avoid (again). I am actually tempted to bring in Spies for a week, as he may carve up the Rebs, and then to sub him for Alberts the following week.

Seeing as I have two inside backs to sub, I'll take a longer term view and take Dan Carter, although I don't think he'll score too well this week as I think he'll be subbed after 50 or 60. I already have Gits, so need to decide on my last inside back. No clue as to who to pick, yet...maybe Morne Steyn or Olivier, who can be subbed out next week for Beale to return.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Not sure about Fourie now the Stormers are on tour.

I think I will bring in Olivier for Doppies, and I am tempted by Ash's mention of Spies. I was going to put in Messam but Pierre is due a big one. Not sure about my other inside back spot, maybe Carter but still looking at Lealiifano.

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Looks like I have to choose between Matt Todd off the bench or Warren Whitely off the bench for my 3rd backrower.

The Mayor of Perth

Ted Fahey (11)
Looks like I have to choose between Matt Todd off the bench or Warren Whitely off the bench for my 3rd backrower.

I'll be going with Whiteley and Saffy. Injuries to Dagg, Harris, Thomson and Murray; benching of Chisholm, Whiteley and Saffy; bye for Lambie, Beale, Sharpe, Sykes and Kepu = 1 ugly week!

OzSash

Allen Oxlade (6)
Very ugly week for me coming up too. I will be missing a prop almost certainly as well as Ged Robinson coming off the bench (thanks McQueen) and Whitely off the bench (thanks fucking John Mitchell you prick). Forced into making a couple of changes I didn't really want to make. Would have loved to have been able to have spare subs up my sleeve to have fired Payne and replaced him with Fruean who I think will carve up on the wing against the Cheetahs.

Anyhow ... am off to Abu Dhabi this weekend with the family so have had to make the subs today. Good luck to all!!!

Cheers

Sash

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Where have you guys seen that Ged has been benched? The Rebs team I saw had him at starting hooker, with Tessman off the bench.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I already have Messam, and would probably choose him over Spies long term. I need a one round selection till I bring in Alberts.

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Here is my train wreck of a team for this week

McKintosh, Alexander
Mealamu
Chisolm, Franco
Messam, Vito, Todd (hopefully Richie comes off early)
Pretorius
Cooper, Oliver, Giteau
SBW (c), Ranger, Poki

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I've also finalised my team early.

JC JvR, Strauss, (Big Mac - been in average form, don't see me recalling him soon sadly)
Kev Mealamu, (Ged Robinson)
Franco vdM, Al Campbell, (Sykes)
Spies, Messam, Lam, (Whiteley)
Pretorius, (Phipps)
Olivier, Gits, Dan Carter, (Piutau)
SBW (c), Fruean, Poki, (Payne)

No transfers left. A late withdrawal to Dan Carter will see me boned.

I intend on bringing back Beale for Olivier and Alberts for Spies next week, leaving 2 more changes for injuries or other subs. I have a massive $506k to play with. Will also bring back Battleship in the next week or two, depending on available transfers.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Robinson benched means I am down to 12 starters and two bench players. This just keeps getting worse and worse.

OzSash

Allen Oxlade (6)
Robinson benched means I am down to 12 starters and two bench players. This just keeps getting worse and worse.

Yup - same as me. 12 starters, 2 benchies and 1 non-appearance (although for props, that means little in my view). Here's hoping Tessman comes off after 5 mins and same goes for Strauss or any of the Lions loosies for that matter :)

AkRiD

Allen Oxlade (6)
Selection dilemma's all round.

Made two changes so far bringing in Franco vdM and Josh Strauss.

Now to the hard part....

Got Doppies, JOC (James O'Connor) to replace and an iffy Poki and Payne in the outside backs.
What I'm thinking is subbing Savea (playing off the bench) in for Doppies and using the extra transfer to bring in Fruean for Payne.

Although it may not be worth the risk if I bring it Gits (playing in his 100th super game apparently?) and maybe a Dan Carter.

Also have the wildcard still in hand, so this may be an opportunistic time to make use of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.