• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

G&GR Fantasy Super Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

AkRiD

Allen Oxlade (6)
DAMN YOU SBW!

Would have been looking at a very healthy score if he pulled his finger out.
Ahh well I'm on 474 and hoping i don't get killed by the revised scores.

OzSash

Allen Oxlade (6)
Relatively ordinary week for me. Currently sitting on 373 for the week, dropped to 6th from 2nd on the G&GR comp. Can't cry too much though ... was screwed for subs this week (like everyone else). Would have been great to have found some room for Olivier and Fruean and screw SBW :( However I am more than happy with the results all going the Reds' way this weekend!

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Oliver captain! Exactly how I planned it :)

Messam was a nice addition too. Might hit 500 for the first time. 10 points to go

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
i've dropped about 20 points with the readjustments - grrrr - but at least i'm holding ground in the standings. i had olivier as captain and then switched to SBW. masterstroke. feel like i missed a chance to move up as i was able to field a pretty complete team while seems like a lot were forced to play non-starters.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Somehow I scraped 400 together, I still don't know how. The walk of shame includes:
  • SBW (c) 6X2=12
  • Alistair Campbell -5 (no wonder the Rebels went down)
  • Warren Whiteley 4 off the bench
  • Kade Poki 14
Just hanging in by my fingernails, but I should be able to do four effective transfers this week. Campbell will be first.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Hench, I think that it's a good chance Whiteley will stay on the bench for the Lions after the performance of the replacement Lions blindside Rhodes - he was huge. Rhodes was also a massive Fantasy scorer as well - made the Team of the Week.

Bloody Al Campbell was revised down to -7 this morning. My bets were all good, apart from the woeful Sonny Bill as captain (I reckon he actually would've scored pretty well if he wasn't bloody subbed after 41 minutes) and Pierre Spies. Sorry for the Spies call, for whomever followed. And Baabaa, in my defence I did say to get Messam first!!! Apart from Poki, was pretty happy with how the rest of my team did....but even with 409 points, I only barely managed to stay at 16th, it's a freaking tough league!

So for me this week, Spies is out, and I think I'll also need to to sub Whiteley (bet he'll be on the bench again) or Jack Lam (bye). How big a flop has Spies been this year?

I'll also drop Olivier for Beale, and maybe consider dropping Fruean (vs Chiefs) or Poki (bye) for someone...not sure who. A few Cheetahs could be an outside bet, as they could score well against the Rebs. The Cheetahs are such a different proposition at home.

On players you have to have, in the forwards I don't know how anyone can not have Messam (the new Thomson?) and Franco vdM - both usually standouts in their positions week in week out.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
So much for swapping Pretorious with Phipps off the bench...Phipps minus 5 and Pretorious 23 or so points...

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Only 2 changes from a winning side. :lmao:

Jaco Taute, Lionel Mapoe, Alwyn Hollenbach, Doppies la Grange (capt.), Deon van Rensburg, Butch James, Jano Vermaak, Josh Strauss, Michael Rhodes, Derick Minnie, Franco van der Merwe, Wikus van Heerden, Patric Cilliers, Bandise Maku, JC Janse van Rensburg.

Replacements: Edgar Marutlulle, Jacobie Adriaanse, Warren Whiteley, Cobus Grobbelaar, Rory Kockott, Elton Jantjies, Dylan Des Fountain.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yeah, Whiteley staying on the bench is no shock after Rhodes' performance. At least JC JvR and Franco vdM say in the starting side.

I'll be looking for a Whiteley replacement on Thursday or Friday.

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Yeah, Whiteley staying on the bench is no shock after Rhodes' performance. At least JC JvR and Franco vdM say in the starting side.

I'll be looking for a Whiteley replacement on Thursday or Friday.

I'm hoping McCaw is injured and I can just bring in Matt Todd.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Ouch, with SBW out. Guess that's why he only lasted 41 mins last week. Lucky that I kept a replacement up my sleeve, but I was actually saving it for Fruean, not SBW. So two subs for me: Whitely and SBW to go out, and no clue who to bring in.

Masaga may also be ruled out - he's currently bracketed with Nani-Williams. Be careful if you are holding Masaga.

Good news is Jared Payne back at outside centre, where he previously was scoring well.

I am unsure on my locks: Franco vdM, Sykes (playing the Bulls) and Campbell (playing the Brumbies). Who to leave on the bench? Tempted to leave Campbell, but he could score OK in an arm wrestle.

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Well there goes my chance at the 10K. Am currently 24th overrall at the moment.

No SBW, Poki, Todd, McKintosh, Vito through byes or injury.

Ranger and Whitely on the bench. God knows whether Chisholm will be in the side after confirming his move to France next year.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Contemplating Pat McCabe for SBW. My only other picks would be a punt on Lachie Turner or Sivi giving the 'Saders a touch up out wide (but he has a bye next week), or an even bigger punt on Rok (but again he has a bye next week).

In the backrow, I am thinking of Delve or Luke Briad for Whiteley, but again both have a bye next week, or David Pocock. David Pocock is my current pick of the three as he doesn't have a bye next week.

Bah. Shitty choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.