• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

G&GR Fantasy Super Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I am unsure on my locks: Franco vdM, Sykes (playing the Bulls) and Campbell (playing the Brumbies). Who to leave on the bench? Tempted to leave Campbell, but he could score OK in an arm wrestle.

Alistair Campbell is in the Rebels team playing the Cheetahs. Last week he scored a magnificent minus 7. My advice would be to sell him if you can, if not bench him.

Delve is being rested this week so don't pick him in Fantasy or the Rebels in the tipping.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Delve hasn't been named for the Rebels, I would go with Pocock for sure. I am tossing up between him and Messam. Will probably opt for Messam considering the form he is in.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Ta for that on Delve.

Regarding Campbell's -7, the way I see it is that players will have one to two weeks of outlying poor results every now and again. Otherwise, Campbell has been very consistent and has had a good return for his price. But after looking at the rest of the Rebels pack - Davidson at 8, Saffy at 7, Luke Jones at 6, plus their backline, I sorta wonder if anyone in the Rebels team will score well. Although Kingi could be a damn good bet at halfback for anyone interested - he is the sort of elusive runner that could rip some holes in the Cheetahs.

Baabaa; be warned: Messam has a bye next week, and Pocock is extremely expensive for someone who hasn't performed this year. I reckon that the backrowers to have are Messam and Alberts, although you could have Vito as well I guess. With Whiteley's benching I reckon Lam is the bargain pick. Wouldn't take Higgers as he is inconsistent - the tough worker flankers tend to score more consistently than X-factor flankers.

Buying Pocock actually sorta screws me for next week, as he is so much more exxy than Whiteley. I now can't afford to buy back SBW and buy Battleship to replace Mealamu - although Moore or S. Finger would probably make a reasonable hooker fill in for next week. Reckon Moore might be a good pick, as he won't be subbed as Edmonds is out.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I have an outside back problem. With < $100K to spend I can either choose Dellit of the Force up against the Brumbies or Lachie Munro of the Blues up against the Stormers. Both are at 15 this week. I figure Dellit won't touch the ball much because the Brumbies rarely kick and that Munro is going to be in a real tough match that the Stormers have to win to stay in front of the Sharks.

Any advice?

R

royboi

With Whiteley's benching I reckon Lam is the bargain pick. Wouldn't take Higgers as he is inconsistent - the tough worker flankers tend to score more consistently than X-factor flankers.

fritz lee is looking pretty good too. cheaper as well ;) he is on a bye next week though

AkRiD

Allen Oxlade (6)
Any advice?

I'd go Munro. he looked okay against the Reds. Also Fourie, De Villiers and Grant are all out for the Stormer apparently, so the Stormers defense may be a little fragile in the mid field.

USE THIS ADVICE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
OK, here's my team. I benched Al Campbell in the end. Bet I will regret that.

JC JvR, Strauss, (Big Mac)
Mealamu, (Ged)
Franco vdM, Sykes, (Campbell)
Pocock, Alberts, Messam, (Lam)
Pretorius, (Phipps)
Gilbert (c), Gits, Dan Carter, (Piutau)
McCabe, Fruean, Payne, (Poki)

Chose Beale as my captain as I don't think the Lions will be up for two big games in a row on their tour. I bet I will be proven wrong. With just $284k left in the bank, I am a bit worried about my options for next week.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Alexander, Oosthuizen [van Rensburg]
Mealamu [Robinson]
Pyle, Sharpe [Kimlin]
Messam(c), Strauss, Alberts [Todd]
Pretorius [Phipps]
Beale, S Ebersohn, Giteau [Lealiifano]
Lambie, Payne, Fruean [Ranger]

Not sure about Messam as captain, but he's been in pretty amazing form, can't think of another real stand out option either.

AkRiD

Allen Oxlade (6)
The squad for this week....

Alexander, Oosthuizen (JC JvR)
Mealamu (Robinson)
Bekker, FvdM (Pyle)
Alberts, Messam, J. Strauss (Todd)
Pretorious (Phipps)
JO'C, Beale (C), R. Ebersohn (Wynand)
McCabe, David Smith, Fruean (Poki)

Taking a bit of a risk with David Smith, hoping he will have a repeat of last time. Also not sure if I should move Wynand Olivier in, and who as captain? Gone with Beale for now.

R

royboi

bismark, mealamu or moore?
gits, la grange or dan carter?

hate making decisions!

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I would go Bismark (Kev has a bye next week and the Sharks should play finals), and Carter (consistent performer, good long term).

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
You'll regret it! He'll put in massive performances in the next few games

I hope everyone has Turner, he's in for 4 tries tomorrow night

chiraag

Larry Dwyer (12)
FAAARK! Got busy at work and forgot about making my transfers. There goes any chance I had to take out the 10K or the G&GR title.
Had even looked laast night at the likely changes I was going to make, but wanted to leave it until all of the teams were finalised.

Massively pissed off, but only myself to blame!

Status
Not open for further replies.