• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

G&GR Player of the Match - Wallabies vs Springboks @ Brisvegas

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
3. Pocock
2. Elsom
1. Fainga'a

Suprisingly, Brown and Ma'afu, the two players I expected to hold back the pack, both performed pretty well. Not amazingly outstanding, but still really solid.

Cooper played very well but the yellow card was silly stuff and I think would cost him points from most posters here.

It would be easy (but wrong) to say that all the players played awesome, but a more accurate summation of the performance would be that all of the players played well to the gameplan required for victory. 15 blokes playing to the gameplan makes easy work.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
3. Pocock
2. Genia
1. O'Connor - loved his defence was tackling props, second rowers successfully!

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Suprisingly, Brown and Ma'afu, the two players I expected to hold back the pack, both performed pretty well. Not amazingly outstanding, but still really solid.

there workrate was outstanding. brown did great in tight. for me, best Australia performence since we got deans

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
3/ Pocock.
2/ Gitau.
1/ Sleepy Mafu.

The players who needed to pick their games up did just that. Mumm, Brown, Mafu, Gitau. This itself is very encouraging. If I had more points to give, I would give them to Genia.

Running Rugby

Sydney Middleton (9)
3. Pocock- outstanding game
2. Elsom- work rate was excellent-ran well and went into the breakdown hard
1. Mafu- Scrummaging was average at best but in general play he was busy and effective.

I also thought Genia was good and the speed of clearance improved at times. Horne was solid in defence and played a real straightening role in the backline with his limited opportunities.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
3 Elsom - Everywhere, back to near his best; good in the lineout, damaging runs and hard at the rucks.
2 Pocock - Again, everywhere; text book openside flanker play tonight.
1 Mitchell - Proved his critics and selectors wrong but also repaid their faith. A few try saving tackles, scored a try, and made a couple of good runs.

Special mention to Giteau, Sharpe, Fainga'a and O'Connor too. No one played badly at all - but I hope that doesn't result in complacent team selections next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.