• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

G&GR Wallabies Player of the Match vs Ireland, Brisvegas

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
3 Pocock
2 The Earl
1 Burgess - I'll take the good with the bad tonight.

Scrum stood up well enough, but apart from that the forwards were execrable. Quade did OK, the backs unmentioned to this point should remain so.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
2 Pocock
1 Cooper

They were the only 2 players of confidence and _consistent_ distinction tonight. Searching for a 3 is hard work if absolute standards matter vs just searching for a happy list. S Fainga'a is probably the closest IMO.

Elsom is performing way below the standard of intensity, 'lead from the front' skill/aggression, etc expected of a Wallabies captain.

R

Richard D. James

3. Pocock
2. Cooper
1. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)

Pocock is the real leader of our forwards, not Rocky.

Reactions: DPK

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
3. Pocock
2. QC (Quade Cooper)

S Finger did alright as well, but got to give AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) the points tonight.

Langthorne

Phil Hardcastle (33)
3. Pocock - hate to be a copy cat, but the guy plays consistently well at the breakdown and in defence
2. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) - solid in all aspects, very strong under the high ball
1. Mumm - for his lineout work, and involvement generally

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
3 Pocock
2 Quade
1 Fainga'a

As a small subpoint, I thought we smashed the irish in the scrum last night but Bryce did his best to protect the irish 8 from humiliation. The irish really were poo

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
3: Pockock. Is there anything he cant do?
2: AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper). Excellent under high ball, defence and attack.
1: Burgess. The next genia?

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
3 David Pocock - He was everywhere, tackling everything, and searching for the ball to make some runs when he could, straightening the attack
2 Quade Cooper - The backline was terrible, didn't fire whatsoever, but Cooper used his skill to create things out of nothing on several occasions, whether it was his footwork to the try line or 30m cutout pass to the winger. The Wallabies would have lost with out him I think
1 Saia Fainga'a - Good workrate, improved scrum, throwing himself at the opposition TPN style and wasn't pushed around by the bigger men at all.

Honorable mention to AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper). No one else stood out for me.

B1 and B2 (Burgess and Beale) are going to find it very difficult in the coming weeks against NZ and SA. When is Genia due back? Hynes anyone?

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Hmmm I sometimes wonder how to allocate points. Take Burgess. Had a peice of individual brilliance to keep the Wallabies in the game. Yet his passing and kicking was pants. The Irish halfback I thought had a better game if you ignore the try from Burgess. The clearance kicks from the Irish half were first class. Burgess' kicks were not even 5th grade Subbies class. Burgess is a great instinctive runner and tackler but it is a shame that he is just plain pants at he core parts of his position. Hence he gets no points and is not worthy to lace up Genia's boots.

3. Pocock - the amount of work done and ground covered by Pocock is unbelievable. Nearly carries the pack on his shoulders
2. Cooper

After giving three points to Pocock it got hard to hand out more points. Thought that Fainga'a also was OK and Rocky and Mumm improved but both were coming off a low base. Brown also covers plenty of ground but tends to be too ineffectual too often.

Minus points to Mitchell, Chisholm.

Status
Not open for further replies.