• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

G&GR Wallabies Player of the Match vs Ireland, Brisvegas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
3 Pocock
2 Cooper Q - but the defence!
1 Burgess

Cooper and Burgess got points from me for their outstanding individual tries. If Quade had tackled more often then he'd have got a full-fat 2. Pocock untouchable, and untouchably consistent. Make him captain and he'll only get better.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Best player in the team, most consistent, most passionate and commands a starting position. You're on to something old bean.

Absolutely! And the promotion of a (genuinely, not faux) talented young Captain to radically overhaul the whole decayed and bacteria-ridden Wallabies culture (which Deans has not repaired but in fact has worsened) would be the wonderful commencement to the real rebuilding (vs the alleged rebuilding) so manifestly called for.

(I think I am now just bold enough in my initiation to this 'unique community' to start a thread tomorrow re the radical steps the Wallaby brand (in all senses of brand) requires to recover what has been lost, then better it, and restore a rightful pride to the fans.)

R

rugbywhisperer

3: Pocock, D- I thought he had a very solid game.
2: Cooper, Q - coming on nicely and would have been better with some decent passes
1: AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) - glad he was there. Can we now have him at #15 - Please?

Gooch

Fred Wood (13)
3- Pocock - solid all around the park. Showed leadership and commitment that I would have thought the Captain should be showing.
2- Q Cooper - defence stills needs some work but at least we look like attacking when he is on song.
1- AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) - Mr Versatile, I would have him at 13 to give us strong, straight running in the backs, instead of drifting towards the sidelines.

If Dingo has been building depth these June tests, why aren't the bench players getting time on the field? Surely if he wants them to have an impact when they are really needed (injuries) they need to have played some minutes beforehand?

Lance Free

Arch Winning (36)
Did you see those clowns at the SMH put Burgess in their international team of the week. What? On the basis of one try? You have to be kidding.

Welsh scrumhalf Mike Phillips was head and shoulders (no pun intended) over him this weekend. Maybe they missed the telecast?

(Oh, I forgot....it's a Sydney rag)

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
The Irish scrumhalf had a decent game too, ignoring the intercept pass he threw. He had a better game as a scrumhalf doing scrumhalf things than Burgess, the "midget, but reasonably quick flanker"

Status
Not open for further replies.