• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Galloping Greens

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
http://www.randwickrugby.com.au/rdrufc/archives/3904-vale-paul-pemberton

Sad news posted on the Wicks Web site today.

Paul has received his call up to the game in Heaven.

He will be remembered for his contributions to the Junior Rugby Development as the Nagle Park Canteen and Amenities building is named the Paul Pemberton Pavilion.

Condolences to those he loved.

Bugger.

I remember Paul. I actually played for the Clovelly Eagles when I moved across from to play under the RDRUFC feeder clubs. Sorry to hear of his passing.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
This was years ago apparently. It was what I was told at least. He was the one who recruited me to Randwick but moved on in my last season there. I was told he was at Souths. I always thought that was a strange choice because he was very much a Randwick man through and through.

I think Jim went to Souths at the same time as Alan Wright (2nds coach) but came back after only 1-2 years. He's been working with kids in Redfern area for some time I believe.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Good to see Stephen Hoiles has been invited to train with the Waratahs. Lets hope for him that he manages to take that further.
Lets hope for Randwick that we get him back fit & healthy - he looked really good in the glimpses we saw him play last season.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
What has he been doing in the period between his time with the Ponies and now? Has he been in Team Rehab all that time?

I think he was appointed Director of Rugby, or something like that, at the Wicks a year or two back.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Good to see Stephen Hoiles has been invited to train with the Waratahs. Lets hope for him that he manages to take that further.
Lets hope for Randwick that we get him back fit & healthy - he looked really good in the glimpses we saw him play last season.

Great news!
He's certainly still got a lot to offer based on the playoff game against Wests this year.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
What has he been doing in the period between his time with the Ponies and now? Has he been in Team Rehab all that time?

I think he was appointed Director of Rugby, or something like that, at the Wicks a year or two back.

Long period (nearly 2 years?) to recover from the achilles injury and then a succession of hamstring problems I believe. He was Director of Rugby (whatever that is!) in 2012, but Luke Callen took on that role this year. I think he's been in light training most of this year.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Did anyone read the 'Player Movements Forum" & read that the Beasts are offering $$$ to Lala & Samu. Don't like the sound of that...

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Did anyone read the 'Player Movements Forum" & read that the Beasts are offering $$$ to Lala & Samu. Don't like the sound of that.

They would be great losses, but I guess that's the danger if you're not willing or able to pay players. We've been fairly active poaching players (eg from Penrith) in recent times too!
Hopefully some benefactor with deep pockets will provide some enticement for them to stay at the Wicks -- especially Samu who must be attracting interest from the S15 talent scouts.

Tah and feathered

Watty Friend (18)
I
They would be great losses, but I guess that's the danger if you're not willing or able to pay players. We've been fairly active poaching players (eg from Penrith) in recent times too!
Hopefully some benefactor with deep pockets will provide some enticement for them to stay at the Wicks -- especially Samu who must be attracting interest from the S15 talent scouts.
I would not have thought playing him at 12 would do his chances of getting a super contract as a back rower any good. Maybe that is why he is considering going elsewhere? It was not as if the backs in 2nds were going badly.
Maybe the 12 and 13 from 2nds are looking for another club as well considering they are also behind Samu and O'connor as centres.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
I
I would not have thought playing him at 12 would do his chances of getting a super contract as a back rower any good. Maybe that is why he is considering going elsewhere? It was not as if the backs in 2nds were going badly.
Maybe the 12 and 13 from 2nds are looking for another club as well considering they are also behind Samu and O'connor as centres.

I notice Matt Carraro has Randwick listed as his club also.

Knuckles

Ted Thorn (20)
Did anyone read the 'Player Movements Forum" & read that the Beasts are offering $$$ to Lala & Samu. Don't like the sound of that.

Don't worry Macca, Michael Cheika is doing his fair share of recruiting for Randwick these days anyway.

The snouts tell me that a current Australian Schools player was offered a Tahs contract to be in a new U20 Super Rugby Comp. The player asked can he go back to his home club after Super 20s is done, to which Cheika replied, only if that club is Randwick. If it's not, then contract is off the table. The player then subsequently sigend a rugby league deal.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Singapore Sevens Results:

Wicks beat Palmyra 31-0 in the 1/4 final plate, but lost to Western Province (SAF?) in the Semi Final 12-22.

Sunnybank also beaten in the Semi final (Cup) to Penguins 14-36.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Don't worry Macca, Michael Cheika is doing his fair share of recruiting for Randwick these days anyway.

The snouts tell me that a current Australian Schools player was offered a Tahs contract to be in a new U20 Super Rugby Comp. The player asked can he go back to his home club after Super 20s is done, to which Cheika replied, only if that club is Randwick. If it's not, then contract is off the table. The player then subsequently sigend a rugby league deal.
If that is true , good on him. That means that Randwick should have a near Super 15 strength squad soon. Happy days.
Cheika will have to do lots of fast talking though as the Wicks only have 2 Super 15 players ATM if my memory serves me right, Horwitz & Kepu. The rest of the squad of 32 (or thereabouts) must have got under his radar.......:)

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
If that is true , good on him. That means that Randwick should have a near Super 15 strength squad soon. Happy days.
Cheika will have to do lots of fast talking though as the Wicks only have 2 Super 15 players ATM if my memory serves me right, Horwitz & Kepu. The rest of the squad of 32 (or thereabouts) must have got under his radar...:)

Plus Beale (I assume) and Matt Carraro.

Status
Not open for further replies.