• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Galloping Greens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
The era that muggleton played league the two games weren't as far apart as they are now.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Bit of a gee up happening
Metcher is not joining Randwick

I reckon you might be right.
Think maybe a journo made a mistake and it has grown legs. It is reported elsewhere in G&G Rugby (Lee Grant was the author of the article) and his stated club on his managers web site is Randwick - maybe that was old data and this has grown legs from there. Anyone reckon they know for sure?

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I reckon you might be right.
Think maybe a journo made a mistake and it has grown legs. It is reported elsewhere in G&G Rugby (Lee Grant was the author of the article) and his stated club on his managers web site is Randwick - maybe that was old data and this has grown legs from there. Anyone reckon they know for sure?
From what I could tell Metcher was pretty happy at souths so was suprised to hear he was coming back

sidelinesid

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Wicks website confirms the Wally Meagher memorial trophy has been awarded to Chris Barron.
A very deserving recipient and great club man.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
James Nugget Helliwell has landed a contract in wales and will most of the season. Talk is The aussie Schoolboy no 9 from 2013 is ear marked to jump straight into grade. hopefully has a better run of it then Harry. thought he could have done with a year in 2nds

refugee

Sydney Middleton (9)
Off season Elitism at Wicks gym with the new crowd. Hope all is well with the older guys as a few seem to be leaving for other than money

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
James Nugget Helliwell has landed a contract in wales and will most of the season. Talk is The aussie Schoolboy no 9 from 2013 is ear marked to jump straight into grade. hopefully has a better run of it then Harry. thought he could have done with a year in 2nds
The Schoolboy has been benched for their toughest game of their UK tour,and the second choice 9 is injured, so he is not exactly head and shoulders above his peers.
I'm sure I read that Donlan from the Rats has signed with the Wicks,so there is no need to be fast tracking kids ahead of time.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
The Schoolboy has been benched for their toughest game of their UK tour,and the second choice 9 is injured, so he is not exactly head and shoulders above his peers.
I'm sure I read that Donlan from the Rats has signed with the Wicks,so there is no need to be fast tracking kids ahead of time.
My mistake it was Donlan to which I was referring

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I think the reference is to the seperation of a top 40 squad from a wider club group. Would think that is the norm at most clubs these days. The islanders boys who are very close have all left together but I wouldnt have classified them as older guys as la la had been at the club the longest and the otheres eithier 1 year or 2 years only

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
I think the reference is to the seperation of a top 40 squad from a wider club group. Would think that is the norm at most clubs these days. The islanders boys who are very close have all left together but I wouldnt have classified them as older guys as la la had been at the club the longest and the otheres eithier 1 year or 2 years only

Agree with Pete King. The Wicks needed to change things as they are obviously behind the top 4 clubs in many measures. Change doesn't always please all. The Club now has programmes & pathways to enable players to maximise their potential. I think the Wicks will give a lot of cheek in 2014 however the huge array of young talent may be better in 2015.
As for the fantastic Islander lads, Lala wants to earn $$ & fair enough, Reni has family issues which is keeping him in Melbourne, not sure about Toese however he didn't play much first grade, heard that Samu does what LaLa tells him. Hope they stay, hope they get fitter if they do. Love to keep them all.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Agree with Pete King. The Wicks needed to change things as they are obviously behind the top 4 clubs in many measures. Change doesn't always please all. The Club now has programmes & pathways to enable players to maximise their potential. I think the Wicks will give a lot of cheek in 2014 however the huge array of young talent may be better in 2015.
As for the fantastic Islander lads, Lala wants to earn $$ & fair enough, Reni has family issues which is keeping him in Melbourne, not sure about Toese however he didn't play much first grade, heard that Samu does what LaLa tells him. Hope they stay, hope they get fitter if they do. Love to keep them all.

Good insights Macca, thanks!
I agree with you totally about the difficulty the Wicks (and most other clubs) will have cracking the top 4 as Uni, Souths, Manly and Eastwood all seem to have either the resources, the organisation and/ or the pulling power to stay at the top. They'll be hard to catch as they won't stand still either.
I can remember Jeffrey Sayle being quoted as saying a few years ago (probably a bit tongue in cheek) that the Wicks role was to develop players and prepare them for higher honours and if we happened to win a few Shields along the way that was a bonus. I'll be happy if we can at least be competitive and the major plus for club rugby that hopefully will result from the 3T next year is for the Shute Shield to be decided without the influx of S15 players at the end of the season.
Interesting times ahead (I hope!).

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

Helliwell is listed on the bench for the Neath 1st grade side this weekend.

http://www.neathrugby.co.uk/News/Article/32472

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Hey guys any more news at the club? new faces? guys training well?

There is a newRandwick iPhone App which is very good. That has details of some players. There are a few top notch Colts plus a few Grade players - these include Tim Donlan from Warringah who is a 9, Alfred Pinomi from WH who is a 4, Sam Figg from Norths who is a back rower. I guess Matt Carraro from the Tahs will also play for the Wicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.