• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Galloping Greens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
yeah sadly Gen Blue would only be Horwitz and the south african centre. Then you would expect to get Carraro and Hoiles back from tahs, cant think of anyone else, bar KB (Kurtley Beale) and Kepu who would likely be involved with Wobs.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)

Calm down girls.
I heard that players will be moved around to make sure whatever teams are in the Comp get their fair share of quality. There is huge amounts of data in these forums that suggests that the ARU are trying to bolster all consortia to make sure as many clubs and players as possible are involved as equitably as possible.
Blind Freddy could see that the Wicks as they stand would be lucky to get in the top 6 at SS level let alone compete well at NRC level - in any event I don't think the Sydney East bid will be identified as Randwick. That has been said before. I do not think the Wicks should be stand alone in the NRC nor do I think they will succeed on that basis. So forget the club tragic bull shit as it is not my position. If they get an NRC position, the players will come.
If Easts don't have the money & desire to lead an NRC bid & Randwick is considered inappropriate for the NRC by forum posters, please advise-
who will put the $$ up for a Sydney East Bid?
who will run it?
who would play for it?
does anyone think that an NRC team should be based in the Eastern Suburbs? I the answer is yes, how would that work with out Randwick (and or Easts) being involved?
Maybe you all think Sydney Uni should have 2 or 3 teams :D
I suspect the ARU are thinking this whole issue through and are more active behind the scenes than is let on.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Calm down girls.
I heard that players will be moved around to make sure whatever teams are in the Comp get their fair share of quality. There is huge amounts of data in these forums that suggests that the ARU are trying to bolster all consortia to make sure as many clubs and players as possible are involved as equitably as possible.
Blind Freddy could see that the Wicks as they stand would be lucky to get in the top 6 at SS level let alone compete well at NRC level - in any event I don't think the Sydney East bid will be identified as Randwick. That has been said before. I do not think the Wicks should be stand alone in the NRC nor do I think they will succeed on that basis. So forget the club tragic bull shit as it is not my position. If they get an NRC position, the players will come.
If Easts don't have the money & desire to lead an NRC bid & Randwick is considered inappropriate for the NRC by forum posters, please advise-
who will put the $$ up for a Sydney East Bid?
who will run it?
who would play for it?
does anyone think that an NRC team should be based in the Eastern Suburbs? I the answer is yes, how would that work with out Randwick (and or Easts) being involved?
Maybe you all think Sydney Uni should have 2 or 3 teams :D
I suspect the ARU are thinking this whole issue through and are more active behind the scenes than is let on.

Sorry galloping greens thread, great thread and reading. Off topic, but Macca what next - why not have Tasmania included because of the huge amount of data in these forums that suggest the ARU will bolster them and make sure clubs and players are involved as equitably as possible.

As for the Galloping Greens, you guys flying under the radar in the trails hey. Talking it down in one of the posts above - hmmm, you don't go from forth on the CC to not challenging. As a SS club doing good work I hope it continues.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
I think the ARU may have gone "to the market" when they announced the NRC with a preconceived notion of what they wanted "the market" to respond with.

The Northern Harbour consortia seems to have toed the line and delivered what St Leonards wanted (and good on them for doing so). It is possible that St Leonards were expecting to receive a similar "harmonious" South Harbour EOI covering the Beasts/Wicks/ Hobbits patch. With a final Uni/West Sydney JV covering the other area from Camperdown to the Blue Mountains ( 1 team for >2 million pop).

For a variety or reasons, that appears to have not happened, and "the market" has responded in a way St Leonards did not expect. Uni was the initial elephant in the room, and fly in the ointment. Enough cash, power, influence, playing roster and confidence to say stuff you to St Leonards, "We're going alone, and we will surpass whatever criteria you impose on the potential NRC clubs."

With Rugby deep in the psyche of Rose Bay, Bondi, Coogee and Cronulla, can St Leonards afford to have this area outside the NRC?
Are they happy that this area will be split across 3 separate bids with one or more of them not likely to get a NRC licence?

Answers are No and probably not.

Who is to "blame" for this? Some responsibility must be sheeted home to the Beasts/Wicks and Hobbits for not being able to get a JV bid up, but mostly I reckon the ARU themselves must take the lions share of the blame, for their very tight timeframe (over Xmas break FFS) and initial lack of direction as to their "expectations".

Leaving it to "market forces" can sometimes be a very wise strategy, but that approach frequently has results that are significantly different from the concept originally envisaged by the proponents of that approach.

If the ARU wanted one JV bid from Sydney South Harbour, then they should have come out with that from the start, instead of speaking in riddles and MBA student business buzzword gobbledegook.

sidelinesid

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Any word on the trial v Eastwood on weekend?

did not see all of it but wicks playing much better than previous week. Eastwood dropping a lot of ball (due greasy conditions ) but looked organised and managed to get quite a few overlaps ( through all grades)
Wicks 'up and out' defence was a little slow on the up and woods were good on the breakdown.
Woods better organised in the lower grades but plenty for the wicks coaches to be pleased with for a trial.
Cannot help with the scores.
Colts did well ,I am told.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Randwick: 1. Toa Asa, 2. Alex Walker, 3. Tristain Goodbody, 4. Dan Falefa, 5. Alfred Pinomi, 6. Tom Bennett, 7. Mark Baldwin, 8. Sam Figg (c), 9. Tim Donlan, 10. David Horwitz, 11. Ethan Ford, 12. Pieter Englebrecht, 13. Kuki Ma'afu, 14. Tim Wright, 15. Liam Windon.

This weeks side. New players at 2,4,5,8,9,12,15.
A few omissions.
Some good background with the newbies.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Munro injured and likely to reappear round 3, I have a big wrap on Jock armstrong coming up from colts but he is injured to atm. Good to see Donlan get the nod over Harry.

Think that side will have enough to get over easts, Key players are Baldwin and Horwitz.

Connor and Johnson both playing 2's (6,7) or is Johnson playing colts?

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
Randwick: 1. Toa Asa, 2. Alex Walker, 3. Tristain Goodbody, 4. Dan Falefa, 5. Alfred Pinomi, 6. Tom Bennett, 7. Mark Baldwin, 8. Sam Figg (c), 9. Tim Donlan, 10. David Horwitz, 11. Ethan Ford, 12. Pieter Englebrecht, 13. Kuki Ma'afu, 14. Tim Wright, 15. Liam Windon.

This weeks side. New players at 2,4,5,8,9,12,15.
A few omissions.
Some good background with the newbies.
13 also new.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
bit rich from Bakewell comments about wicks poaching when they have La La keith Massimo and Matty Mckay in their run on aswell as Dan fleming and a few other lower grade guys from us

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Kelly and Bakewell like a couple of siamese fighting fish based on the Rugby News article. Fair to say the NSW Country NRC team with associations with Easts and Randwick sounds like a shotgun wedding.

Probably zero issue at the player to player level. Real issues at the "Rusted On" administration level.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Kelly and Bakewell like a couple of siamese fighting fish based on the Rugby News article. Fair to say the NSW Country NRC team with associations with Easts and Randwick sounds like a shotgun wedding.

Probably zero issue at the player to player level. Real issues at the "Rusted On" administration level.

I wouldn't underestimate the player level -- there's usually at least one brawl across the grades every times these two clubs play each other and plenty of celebrating by the winners in all grades.

Status
Not open for further replies.