• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Get O'Neill onto The Rugby Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Do you really think the blokes on the podcast would have the balls to ask him the tough questions? And If they did do you think they would have the balls to chase after him when he dead bats some party line answer?

Scott Allen was very persistent with Andrew Blades. I reckon our guys would be 100 times more likely to chase answers than any of the clowns on the Rugby Club.

J

Jiggles

Blades and JON aren't even in the same stratosphere. No offense to the podcast but JON is a master political spin shitter, and I don't have much faith in any of the rugby press in Australia, independent or otherwise, getting much out of him. Wayne Smith may, but I doubt JON would agree to a one on one with him.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Blades and JON aren't even in the same stratosphere. No offense to the podcast but JON is a master political spin shitter, and I don't have much faith in any of the rugby press in Australia, independent or otherwise, getting much out of him. Wayne Smith may, but I doubt JON would agree to a one on one with him.

Agreed. But if we're talking about a WILLINGNESS to push him, it's different. On the Rugby Club the toughest question he'll have to answer is what the best chardonnay was in 2012. So many to choose from! Such a renaissance for the varietal in recent years!

J

Jiggles

Agreed. But if we're talking about a WILLINGNESS to push him, it's different. On the Rugby Club the toughest question he'll have to answer is what the best chardonnay was in 2012. So many to choose from! Such a renaissance for the varietal in recent years!

Yeah don't worry, I am not arguing that the Rugby Club would be some hard hitting interview (they're fluffbunnys), I am just making the point that I doubt the Podcast team could get anything out of him, let alone anything substantial. It would be a futile exercise, in my opinion.

Rather than trying to expose JON through an interview, I would rather the board come to their senses and see what damage is being done to the Wallabies. Ultimately they're the ones who are responsible. The longer this goes on the less and less I think of blokes like Eales and Gregan who I always thought put the jersey and not politics first.

Status
Not open for further replies.