• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

good tv shows i havent seen?

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
ZeroZeroZero is an HBO level miniseries drama about the relationship between the cartels in Mexico, the mafia in Italy who buy the cocaine and the American brokers in between who facilitate it all. Beautifully shot and very, very tense recommend to all.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Latest show I have binged is both seasons of The Lazarus Project on Stan. Found it absolutely enthralling.
Love the first season too. Also a fan of "Gangs of London". Just brutal.
Watching Criminal Code, and recently finished Obliterated on Netflix. The last was esp so much fun.

Sword of Justice

Vay Wilson (31)
I finished The Crown and I have to say it was pretty terrible. Especially the Diana dialogue. You'd think she barely had two brain cells to rub together and they really struggled to convey her compassion or why she may have felt paranoid.

The second half of the season was better but it becomes almost unbearingly smarmy in its reverence to the Queen at times.

I don't buy into the prevailing narrative that the early seasons were better because time has passed. That makes no sense. Rather, there seems to be a total lack of imagination from seasons 3 till after Diana's death and all the characters just flip flop between the caricatures painted by their supporters or detractors.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Late to the party, but I finally watched Line of Duty season 6.
That ending pissed me off. It concluded nothing! Just more questions.
Please let the rumours be true for Season 7. Let Hastings, Arnott and Fleming get their man - we all know who is the fourth man!

Now, onto the next series. Suggestions welcome.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Late to the party, but I finally watched Line of Duty season 6.
That ending pissed me off. It concluded nothing! Just more questions.
Please let the rumours be true for Season 7. Let Hastings, Arnott and Fleming get their man - we all know who is the fourth man!

Now, onto the next series. Suggestions welcome.
felt like they were meant to end it in the penultimate episode then realised they had to scrabble together an extra one, was terrible.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
felt like they were meant to end it in the penultimate episode then realised they had to scrabble together an extra one, was terrible.

Exactly. And as they scrambled to make that episode and subsequently fuck it up, the need to make another season to pin all this back on the Chief Constable and that annoying new head of AC-12. Hastings will get his revenge.

I've got way too invested in this show over the years. Very good writing, only to be undone with one terrible ending. Season 3, ending with the caddy reveal, is still my pick of the bunch.

Sword of Justice

Vay Wilson (31)
Tokyo Vice season 2 is currently running. I really enjoyed season 1 but felt it was jumping the shark a bit towards the end.

Season 2 has been very good so far. There are moments of Michael Mann hysteria (he's a producer and sometimes director on the show) which I think can be ascribed to the aforementioned shark jumping and once you get back into that stream it's very enjoyable.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Exactly. And as they scrambled to make that episode and subsequently fuck it up, the need to make another season to pin all this back on the Chief Constable and that annoying new head of AC-12. Hastings will get his revenge.

I've got way too invested in this show over the years. Very good writing, only to be undone with one terrible ending. Season 3, ending with the caddy reveal, is still my pick of the bunch.
D5uEfeqX4AAxHFS

Line-Of-Duty-Sucking-Long-Sleeve-T-Shirt-Tee-Line-Of-Duty-Tv-Shows-Ted-Hastings.jpg

EEhFKaTW4AEhxX7.jpg

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Tokyo Vice season 2 is currently running. I really enjoyed season 1 but felt it was jumping the shark a bit towards the end.

Season 2 has been very good so far. There are moments of Michael Mann hysteria (he's a producer and sometimes director on the show) which I think can be ascribed to the aforementioned shark jumping and once you get back into that stream it's very enjoyable.
Loved it. Half the appeal is just seeing Tokyo.

Likey to be the final season from what I’ve read. Hasn’t been a huge show and cost of production is pretty high.

Few good interviews out there with Jake Adelstein and everything that went on back then.

Sword of Justice

Vay Wilson (31)
Loved it. Half the appeal is just seeing Tokyo.

Likey to be the final season from what I’ve read. Hasn’t been a huge show and cost of production is pretty high.

Few good interviews out there with Jake Adelstein and everything that went on back then.
I’m okay with just the two seasons. Part of the appeal to me is that it is (loosely) factual and doesn't feel the need to introduce a supernatural element or someone being shot right in the face somehow surviving.

The Michael Mann effect is great, you just sit there and enjoy dudes doing awesome stuff with knives, motorbikes, etc.. Heat is so freaking good at this.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The Bear season 2 was probably even better than season 1. Brilliant show that has now received plenty of acclaim.

I drifted in and out a bit but my wife watched Fool Me Once on Netflix which seemed pretty good.

Gen V on Prime was fun. Spin off of The Boys which I thought was a good move. Gave them some runway to tell a different story but still with the same over the top violence and gore.

Mr and Mrs Smith on Prime is reasonable. Certainly not loving it but it's entertaining.