• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

GPS schoolboy rowing 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Chairman

Johnnie Wallace (23)
As a shore old boy, I seriously am looking forward to this Saturday. Hot take, but I believe Shore has it in them to take out the Major Rennie. Their tapering process is usually second to none and with the experience of Oliver Smith, I believe they are serious dark horses!

-Empacher
Shore most certainly do hold the position of dark horses, but the chance of them winning in an upset are slim at best. There has not been a major upset since 2021, and it’s usually Shore on the recieving end.

Has anyone got a prediction for the 2 8, particularly further down the placings (we all know top 2 are Kings and Ignatius)?
pushnopull,

ive got a strong prediction on the ignatius VIII, have an all round very strong top 16 but not strong enough to push the 1st VIII but plenty of consistency and depth to be a well strong chance at the 2nd VIII.

Very keen to see the big dance unfold this weekend. Alot can change at the start line of that race, all of a sudden in that pressure the advantage some crews believe to have are forgotten. surprising how well the pressure of the big dance can level a playing field and advantage the crew that knows the combo and handles it the best.

The perfect situation for an anomaly.

Jesse

Grip 'n Rip

Allen Oxlade (6)
Very excited to watch the IV's.
View have established dominance through out these races but keen to see what happens race day.
Anyone got any bold predictions?

~G and R

thewolfpack

Frank Nicholson (4)
Very excited to watch the IV's.
View have established dominance through out these races but keen to see what happens race day.
Anyone got any bold predictions?

~G and R
Good Evening G and R,

Here are my bold predictions for the ivs
1iv shore
2iv view
3iv view
4iv joeys

thoughts?

Grip 'n Rip

Allen Oxlade (6)
Good Evening G and R,

Here are my bold predictions for the ivs
1iv shore
2iv view
3iv view
4iv joeys

thoughts?
Ahh wolf pack my friend..
(Bold and I like it)
I think these are some educated assumption.
However Joeys are not in the mix in the 4th IV. I don't want to write off a crew but these boys have been played with out at sirc by the big dogs of the division like kings,shore and view.

I am always up to be proven wrong but this is just common sense at this point.

The Chairman

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Well done to all IV’s this year, in particular Shore coaches Hoffmann and Purnell, who have turned 12 second leads from Ignatius to barely anything over a small time space. Hoffmann, a former Shore rower himself, has most certainly improved his crews and managed to put them in a competitive position. Can Courts and McDonald hold them off?

The Chairman

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I am really looking forward to the Fourth Four battle. The famous Penrith City Council Cup (otherwise known as “The Trophy of the Dawg” or “The People’s Trophy”). The main crew are Ignatius, with the new Stroke of Macpherson, will be strongly challenged by Kierse’s crew from Shore, and a solid foundation behind him. This was the most competitive IV race in the King’s/PLC Regatta with a margin of only 4 seconds. Anyones game really in here. Can King’s sneak in there with their new combo??? Or will Macpherson and Kierse’s crews prove to be the two big horses in the race. Could go anyones way.

LegDrive

Peter Burge (5)
1 Boat - Shore
2 Boat - Ignatius
3 Boat - Shore
4 Boat - Ignatius
I must say Mr Chairman you are most certainly on the money, I was questioning an earlier prediction of view winning the 3 IV, I think its Shore or Kings' for the taking. 2 Boat will go to View and in the 1 IV it will be interesting to see if view can come back from the loss at Nepean to shore.
Goodluck to all boats competing on saturday.

-Legs

LegDrive

Peter Burge (5)
I am really looking forward to the Fourth Four battle. The famous Penrith City Council Cup (otherwise known as “The Trophy of the Dawg” or “The People’s Trophy”). The main crew are Ignatius, with the new Stroke of Macpherson, will be strongly challenged by Kierse’s crew from Shore, and a solid foundation behind him. This was the most competitive IV race in the King’s/PLC Regatta with a margin of only 4 seconds. Anyones game really in here. Can King’s sneak in there with their new combo??? Or will Macpherson and Kierse’s crews prove to be the two big horses in the race. Could go anyones way.
Mr Chairman, what are your predictions for the Junior Vii's?

-Legs

Wasn't the returning 1st Junior crew moved to 3rd IV?

Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 8.08.22 pm.png

Am I reading this right? Fonua in the 3 VIII? With year 8 and 9 rowers in the mix?

The Chairman

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Mr Chairman, what are your predictions for the Junior Vii's?

-Legs
4th Junior - Ignatius
3rd Junior - Shore
2nd Junior - Ignatius (I reckon this will be the closest race of the day)
1st Junior - Shore

Jennings is too much in the First Junior, the 2nd Junior will be a fierce contest between Ignatius and Shore, but with Ignatius getting up on the Nepean, they are the favourites. 4th and 3rd Junior are pretty straight forward.

The Chairman

Johnnie Wallace (23)
1st Junior will also be a contest, the likes of Platis, Blatchford and Millward will try and fire King’s into the lead with pure braun, but Shore are well-coached and an excellent technical crew, who on a good day can beat anyone. The engine room of their own (McHutchinson, Robinson and Gilligan) will be need to be at full capacity to launch them into a first. I think Shore will be just too much for King’s especially toward the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.