• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

GPS schoolboy rowing 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grip 'n Rip

Allen Oxlade (6)
Just wanted to lock in predictions

1VIII -Joeys,kings,view
2Vlll-View,kings,shore
1IV- Shore
2IV-View
3IV- Kings
4IV View
Mate not much of a prediction when you have three crews listed to win.

Kings will not win the 3rd IV. Shore are too dominate and will hold this strong lead. Safe to say joeys, Newington and scots are not contenders for the 2nd VIII race. As always, happy to be proven wrong.

It's in the boys hands now.

~G and R

thewolfpack

Frank Nicholson (4)
Mate not much of a prediction when you have three crews listed to win.

Kings will not win the 3rd IV. Shore are too dominate and will hold this strong lead. Safe to say joeys, Newington and scots are not contenders for the 2nd VIII race. As always, happy to be proven wrong.

It's in the boys hands now.

~G and R
Sorry Grip n Rip for the misunderstanding I was implying that would be the order from 1st to 3rd in the 1st and 2nd VIII. But we all know that you can't predict the minor places in the HOTR as anything can happen on the day.

Grip 'n Rip

Allen Oxlade (6)
Sorry Grip n Rip for the misunderstanding I was implying that would be the order from 1st to 3rd in the 1st and 2nd VIII. But we all know that you can't predict the minor places in the HOTR as anything can happen on the day.
Ah yep I can understand my mistake.

Extreamly true mate about the minor places, it's a day where anything can and will happen. Will you be present on Saturday wolf pack. I'd love to say G'day.
~G and R

thewolfpack

Frank Nicholson (4)
Ah yep I can understand my mistake.

Extreamly true mate about the minor places, it's a day where anything can and will happen. Will you be present on Saturday wolf pack. I'd love to say G'day.
~G and R
Yes i have bought my grandstand tickets but I may bring my bike as I usually do and follow the boys around the joint. Will you be interested in cycling with me?

Grip 'n Rip

Allen Oxlade (6)
Yes i have bought my grandstand tickets but I may bring my bike as I usually do and follow the boys around the joint. Will you be interested in cycling with me?
Mate I would love to but I think they are restricting the bike access to just coaches (please correct if wrong)

Maybe we can talk more privately about this in a 1 on 1 chat.

G R

The Chairman

Tom Lawton (22)
Here we go: Crews are in and this is what I think.

First VIII: King’s, St Ignatius, St Joseph’s, Shore, Newington, Scots, Grammar, SBHS
Second VIII: St Ignatius, King’s, Newington, Shore, St Joseph’s, Scots, Grammar, SBHS
First IV: Shore, St Ignatius, King’s, Scots, Newington, St Joseph’s, Grammar, SBHS
Second IV: St Ignatius, Shore, King’s, St Joseph’s, Scots, Newington, SBHS
Third IV: Shore, St Ignatius, King’s, Newington, St Joseph’s, Scots, SBHS
Fourth IV: Shore, St Ignatius, St Joseph’s, King’s, SBHS
Third VIII: St Ignatius 1, Shore, King’s, St Joseph’s, St Ignatius 2, St Ignatius 3
1st Junior VIII: Shore, King’s, St Joseph’s, St Ignatius, Newington, Scots, Grammar, SBHS
2nd Junior VIII: Shore, St Joseph’s, St Ignatius, King’s, Newington, Scots, Grammar, SBHS
3rd Junior VIII: St Ignatius, Shore, St Joseph’s, King’s, Scots, Newington, Grammar, SBHS
4th Junior VIII: St Ignatius 1, Shore, Scots, St Joseph’s, St Ignatius 2

Grip 'n Rip

Allen Oxlade (6)

First VIII: King’s, St Ignatius, St Joseph’s, Shore, Newington, Scots, Grammar, SBHS
Second VIII: St Ignatius, King’s, Newington, Shore, St Joseph’s, Scots, Grammar, SBHS
First IV: Shore, St Ignatius, King’s, Scots, Newington, St Joseph’s, Grammar, SBHS
Third VIII: St Ignatius 1, Shore, King’s, St Joseph’s, St Ignatius 2, St Ignatius 3
1st Junior VIII: Shore, King’s, St Joseph’s, St Ignatius, Newington, Scots, Grammar, SBHS
2nd Junior VIII: Shore, St Joseph’s, St Ignatius, King’s, Newington, Scots, Grammar, SBHS
3rd Junior VIII: St Ignatius, Shore, St Joseph’s, King’s, Scots, Newington, Grammar, SBHS
sorry chariman but this this your prediction or just lanes?

The Grail

Ted Fahey (11)
Did the Riverview year 10 1st Jnr VIII win it's race on the Nepean the other day? I know we can't take a great deal from river racing, just interested to know.

sandman4j

Frank Row (1)

agreed with everything here, I think first junior will be a tough one, also it could go anyone's way for first IV and 3rd junior with shore seeming strong.

- Man

The Chairman

Tom Lawton (22)
Current Winning Streaks of Trophies (longest to shortest)

3rd IV - Ignatius (4 in a row)
4th IV - Ignatius (2 in a row)
2nd IV - King’s (1 in a row)
2nd VIII - Ignatius (1 in a row)
1st VIII - Ignatius (1 in a row)
1st IV - Ignatius (1 in a row)

No Grand Slams or Super Slams it seems this year. Don’t think so next year either. Father Gartlan has stayed in its home for four years now, the record is 7 in a row (Shore, 83-89) don’t think thatll be touched anytime so.

thewolfpack

Frank Nicholson (4)

these are some shocking predictions

Does anyone have the plan for where each school will be situated on the bank?

-Legs
Hey Legs,

Just from memory I believe it is the same every year?

The Penrith side bank should be (in order from start-line to finish line) Scots, Newington, Kings, St Ignatius
The grand-stand side should be (in order from start-line to finish line) SBHS, Grammar, Joeys, Shore

Feel free to correct me where I am wrong! (I am not to familiar with the grand-stand side...)

The Chairman

Tom Lawton (22)
@Joker are you familiar with some of the St Joseph’s boys in the boat this Saturday? I know some lads are pretty good around those parts socially. The Moloney’s had a brother (Maxim) go through a few years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.